KU VS NU Tailgaters???

Any Husker tailgaters coming to Lawrence this year? If so, I have a parking spot for ya. My brother recently purchased a home just across the street from the stadium and it has room to park an SUV or an RV/motorhome. The reason I ask is because in 2005, my family and I had a blast tailgating with husker fans. The fans we met had a motorhome of about 20 fans.

If ya'll have a big group that weekend that needs to park and doesn't mind drinkin with Hawk fans, then let me know. We average around 40-45 people at our tailgates each game. The Husker game is always a favorite.

And last, how many of you plan on making the trip to Lawrence this year.

Cheers,

-JGS30 :)

I might get up there if I can get tickets....still not sure how KU handles their ticket sales or if there are even any available. I do know that that weekend is KU's homecoming weekend...so expect it to be pretty busy. I have some friends that might try and come back for it and I'm going to talk them into letting me come with them. I told one friend, "I might not understand the whole homecoming festivities you guys do...but I promise not to be an obnoxious Husker. Just a loud one"

:)

I might get up there if I can get tickets....still not sure how KU handles their ticket sales or if there are even any available. I do know that that weekend is KU's homecoming weekend...so expect it to be pretty busy. I have some friends that might try and come back for it and I'm going to talk them into letting me come with them. I told one friend, "I might not understand the whole homecoming festivities you guys do...but I promise not to be an obnoxious Husker. Just a loud one"

:)

The original plan was to make the Baylor game KU's homecoming, but KU has what is called a fall break and that is the same weekend as Baylor. USually during that weekend the attendance is down. So they figured why not hype the biggest home game of the year for the Hawks a little bit more by having it for the Nebraska game. I guess it's a good idea, but KU might of been better off scheduling it for ISU or Baylor cause they need a big draw other than the season opener against Central Michigan and Nebraska. I'm a little worried about trying to fill the stadium against SE Louisiana and FIU. But who knows.

Any Husker tailgaters coming to Lawrence this year? If so, I have a parking spot for ya. My brother recently purchased a home just across the street from the stadium and it has room to park an SUV or an RV/motorhome. The reason I ask is because in 2005, my family and I had a blast tailgating with husker fans. The fans we met had a motorhome of about 20 fans.

If ya'll have a big group that weekend that needs to park and doesn't mind drinkin with Hawk fans, then let me know. We average around 40-45 people at our tailgates each game. The Husker game is always a favorite.

Cheers,

I'll be at the game. No RV though. But my wife and I would sure stop by to have a few if youre OK with it. Don't worry about my wife, she know college football better than most of my friends!

Cheers,

I'll be at the game. No RV though. But my wife and I would sure stop by to have a few if youre OK with it. Don't worry about my wife, she know college football better than most of my friends!

That's cool guys. The more people we can get there, the better. Anyone from this board really is welcome. We plan on buying 3 kegs and getting everything set up by 10 a.m. We're hoping that the game is scheduled for the evening so we can have a full day of tailgating. It will probably be 5 bucks a cup, but we don't usually charge for food. We'll have plenty. When the game is like 2 weeks away I'll private message the people who responded and give you the address. It's super close to the stadium. By then hopefully we'll have an idea on the game time. The really will make or break the tailgate. I hate 12 or 1 o'clock kickoff's!!

:cheers

Cheers,

That's cool guys. The more people we can get there, the better. Anyone from this board really is welcome. We plan on buying 3 kegs and getting everything set up by 10 a.m. We're hoping that the game is scheduled for the evening so we can have a full day of tailgating. It will probably be 5 bucks a cup, but we don't usually charge for food. We'll have plenty. When the game is like 2 weeks away I'll private message the people who responded and give you the address. It's super close to the stadium. By then hopefully we'll have an idea on the game time. The really will make or break the tailgate. I hate 12 or 1 o'clock kickoff's!!

Awesome. Always good to hang with COOL opposing fans lol. Just curious...How is KU's fan base? I've only seen KU in Waco to play against Baylor. Needless to say not many make the trip, but then again it's just Baylor lol.

I live in Lawrence as well, but probably about as far from the stadium as you can get. I will definitely have tickets as the wife and I go to the game every year, regardless of location.

It's funny, she's a KU graduate, still attending for her doctorate, but also is a converted Husker! Just seeing the range of emotions she had to go through the last couple years watching KU / NU play has been hilarious. Last years game in Lincoln she flip flopped on who she was cheering for about 10 times?

The wife and I will definitely come to the tailgate, it's always more fun to enjoy a pregame with fans of both sides. Gets you even more pumped up for the game to hear both sides talking!

I live in Lawrence as well, but probably about as far from the stadium as you can get. I will definitely have tickets as the wife and I go to the game every year, regardless of location.

It's funny, she's a KU graduate, still attending for her doctorate, but also is a converted Husker! Just seeing the range of emotions she had to go through the last couple years watching KU / NU play has been hilarious. Last years game in Lincoln she flip flopped on who she was cheering for about 10 times?

The wife and I will definitely come to the tailgate, it's always more fun to enjoy a pregame with fans of both sides. Gets you even more pumped up for the game to hear both sides talking!

I agree. It makes the CFB experience even better when you get to party with the opposing fans. I mean, it's all in good fun. I just wish we were playing NU in October instead of November. I'm ready for a big match-up in Lawrence. Other than the opener against Central Michigan, it is a crappy schedule til we visit Mancrappin in October.

Tickets go on sale August 3, right? I live in Olathe, so I'll be getting sloshed at the Free State Brewery and going to the stadium that day.

Good call Captain Obvious! Free State Brewery serves by far the best beer in the state of Kansas!! I may have to pick up a jug or two from there before kick-off!

Tickets go on sale August 3, right? I live in Olathe, so I'll be getting sloshed at the Free State Brewery and going to the stadium that day.

What there still will be tickets left on Aug 3? I thought how KU sells there stadium out

all the time that this ticket would be hard to get. :sarcasm

Lincoln South as always

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez