Favorite Trick Play

None of them. Using trick plays shows that you are either desparate or of a lower caliber than the team you are playing. The CU game was a joke, and that fake punt against Auburn was a stroke of pure idiocy.

That isn't true at all. Trick plays are part of football. It keeps teams honest and keeps the entertainment value up. Osborne even tried a trick play against Florida. Don't you remember LP trying to hit Reggie Baul in the endzone on a half back pass? I don't think we were desparate or of a lower caliber in that game do you?

None of them. Using trick plays shows that you are either desparate or of a lower caliber than the team you are playing. The CU game was a joke, and that fake punt against Auburn was a stroke of pure idiocy.

And the sun revolves around the earth........on the surface what you are saying sounds logical but its not nescesarily accurate.....tricks do not = weakness or idiocy.

I loved the fake field goal against K-state on the first drive. I was siting at that inzone durning the play (I had never seen wooden bleachers at a college game before) Shut them Cats fans up real fast! :bonez

Never? Aren't there still some at Memorial? If there aren't it wasn't all that long ago.....

I loved the fake field goal against K-state on the first drive. I was siting at that inzone durning the play (I had never seen wooden bleachers at a college game before) Shut them Cats fans up real fast! :bonez

Um yeah....these seats (notice the skyboxes...haven't been around all that long) are wooden.

OGZYEAWWIHNUBBP.20020918190243.jpg

Whole stadium went silent....except for all the NU fans in the south endzone. I'd have to go with Lucky to Swift. That should've been the game.

As far as trick plays meaning that your lowly and worse than your opponent, I'm pretty sure we didn't have to call Mo to Nunn against Mizzou to up 17-0 (it was called on first down). There was nothing desperate there. We marched right down the field. Trick plays are used for a variety of reasons: momentum, expose a weakness or tendancy, keep a defense on its toes, etc. The fake punt was a good call cause Auburn was coming hard on the punt block. Just wasn't executed.

After the game in an interview, I remember Ganz saying Turner had dropped one in practice and so he vowed never to throw to him again. But he was just too open. So he went for the score.

Yes that play. The fact that it was Turner that caught the ball made it freaking amazing.

I hated the USC fake punt. I was at the game btw. It happened in the beginning of the game, and it was like we already needed to play to get ahead. I disagreed if that was the call, but to me from the stands it looked like a botched punt that turned into a fake.

CU was just plain confused...I'm sure everyone was. I mean, Ganz, the holder, lined up like he was in the shotgun, didn't he?

Even worse than that, our backup QB lined up as the kicker! They really hadn't done their homework considering how easily that fooled them. I remember seeing them line up and being like "What the... the Swinging Gate?!?!?"

And the sun revolves around the earth........on the surface what you are saying sounds logical but its not nescesarily accurate.....tricks do not = weakness or idiocy.

I agree. For example, when Bobby Bowden had FSU on top, he was notorious with his trick plays. Those teams had few weaknesses.

CU was just plain confused...I'm sure everyone was. I mean, Ganz, the holder, lined up like he was in the shotgun, didn't he?

Even worse than that, our backup QB lined up as the kicker! They really hadn't done their homework considering how easily that fooled them. I remember seeing them line up and being like "What the... the Swinging Gate?!?!?"

any play that makes sCUm look stupid is a favorite of mine also