Weight: 300

40 time: 5.2

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Nebraska

Favorites: Signed with Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: stargold.gif stargold.gif stargold.gif

Assessing the talent:Ricky Is a juco player who was an out of High School Husker that needed to take care of a few things.

He adds depth to a talented 08 line .

He has no star ranking as of yet.

Odds of Becoming a Cornhusker: 75% Grades are still a huge question mark

Ricky Is a juco player who was an out of High School Husker that needed to take care of a few things.

He adds depth to a talented 08 line .

He has no star ranking as of yet.

is he N academically?

I would be shocked if he ended up making it for Fall of 08.

I hate to say it but I kinda wish the coaching staff would just let this kid go. The way this class is going we could fill that scholarship with another high profile kid that has five years to play four and actually can have an impact on the team. Ricky isn't even sure to make it even after going to a JUCO and as a two to play two guy at one of the most cerebral positions on the field I don't see him ever being as big a piece to the team as one of these other kids could be. - Heck I'd rather give his scholarship to a current walk on or to a kid that bleeds red like Jimmy Miller or someone like that than give it to a kid that has already proven he couldn't qualify

• 2 weeks later...

Is this kid a commit or, not? According to scout he doesn't have an offer but Rivals says he does, even our board doesn't have him listed with an offer, please someone set me straight

from what i have read on the other boards is that the offer to Rickey is contingent on his qualifing and being able to graduate in May and report for summer conditioning right after. Where Rivals wants to be the first in reporting everything, they are considering him a commitment. Scout doesnt want to consider him as one until he meets the requirements.

so, with that being said, he has been given an offer, he has given his verbal commitment to that offer, and provided that he graduates in May and is here for summer conditioning, NU will accept his commitment.

Is this kid a commit or, not? According to scout he doesn't have an offer but Rivals says he does, even our board doesn't have him listed with an offer, please someone set me straight

from what i have read on the other boards is that the offer to Rickey is contingent on his qualifing and being able to graduate in May and report for summer conditioning right after. Where Rivals wants to be the first in reporting everything, they are considering him a commitment. Scout doesnt want to consider him as one until he meets the requirements.

so, with that being said, he has been given an offer, he has given his verbal commitment to that offer, and provided that he graduates in May and is here for summer conditioning, NU will accept his commitment.

Yeah but the same can be said for any kid that a school is recruiting that doesn't end up being eligible. I'm sure Henry will still sign a letter of intent, so why say rivals is jumping the gun? Should we not have said that Townsend from last year was a commitment until he qualified? We were all pretty excited about him, and he didn't end up making it...

Yeah but the same can be said for any kid that a school is recruiting that doesn't end up being eligible. I'm sure Henry will still sign a letter of intent, so why say rivals is jumping the gun? Should we not have said that Townsend from last year was a commitment until he qualified? We were all pretty excited about him, and he didn't end up making it...

well the main thing with Henry is that he was a husker commit that failed to qualify out of high school and there is a lot of talk out there that he will have a hard time making it again.

the reason that Townsen failed to qualify was that he tried to cram in 21 or 24 credit hours into 1 semester. he passed all but one of the classes and the Juco that he was at would not let him retake the class that he failed again during the second summer session that they had.

well the main thing with Henry is that he was a husker commit that failed to qualify out of high school and there is a lot of talk out there that he will have a hard time making it again.

the reason that Townsen failed to qualify was that he tried to cram in 21 or 24 credit hours into 1 semester. he passed all but one of the classes and the Juco that he was at would not let him retake the class that he failed again during the second summer session that they had.

That's a bummer man.....................................I have trouble with 12 hours.

I hate to say it but I kinda wish the coaching staff would just let this kid go. The way this class is going we could fill that scholarship with another high profile kid that has five years to play four and actually can have an impact on the team. Ricky isn't even sure to make it even after going to a JUCO and as a two to play two guy at one of the most cerebral positions on the field I don't see him ever being as big a piece to the team as one of these other kids could be. - Heck I'd rather give his scholarship to a current walk on or to a kid that bleeds red like Jimmy Miller or someone like that than give it to a kid that has already proven he couldn't qualify

Jimmy Miller committed to San Diego St today

• 4 months later...