2008 Huskers (Madden Screenshots)

So, not really into the NFL quite as much as I am into these glorious Cornhuskers of ours, I decided to have some fun with Madden 07...found some nice resources at football-freaks, including a custom roster full of college teams, including their helmets (and approximate) colors. Some of the colors/uniforms were wrong, so I went and fixed the Husker uniforms as well as modifying some of the off colors on other teams like UT. Also, it was last year's roster so I modified it to this year's, with some generous guessing on the player stats :-P Also patched it up with some (very rough) Husker stadium artwork and such; didn't bother to change much for the other teams though.

So here are the results; I'm quite pleased, I think it looks pretty fantastic. Now I just need to find some creampuff NCAA rosters to beat up on 'rookie' level =)

neb001.jpg

Dailey sitting on the turf after being sacked by McKeon. Yeah, I know he's not a QB anymore, but that's the way he was on the Tarheel roster.

neb002.jpg

Ganz tosses it out to Lucky #5.

neb003.jpg

A USC defender launches into this UNHUMAN leap towards Keller. No worries, Keller sidesteps it handily.

neb004.jpg

Bowman breaks up a pass...no, he doesn't catch it.

neb005.jpg

The Huskers in action from midfield. Can't figure out how to change the fan colors, it's a pity the stadium isn't a redout. Of course you can edit that in, but it's much too bothersome.

neb006.jpg

Keller steps up in the pocket.

neb007.jpg

Swift snags one in the clutch.

neb008.jpg

Adi Kunalic kicks a field goal...guessed a number for him, I think #1 fits nicely with his name.

neb009.jpg

Armando Murillo steps up and blocks a crucial Trojan field goal that would have put them up by 17.

neb010.jpg

Andre Jones stops the Trojan return man with Asante ready to assist.

neb011.jpg

Niles Paul returns a punt.

neb012.jpg

Keller throws over a defender for Glenn.

neb013.jpg

Steinkuhler (he looks undersized, I've got to fix that) drags down Booty for a sack.

neb014.jpg

Husker attack in action.

neb015.jpg

A kickoff following the tying score. 17-17!

neb016.jpg

Same play, Bryan Wilson nails the ball carrier and forces the fumble!

neb017.jpg

Blake Lawrence (also looks undersized, can't tell him from Ganz, haha) is there to scoop up the live ball.

neb018.jpg

Glenn is just a machine. Yeah, maybe I modded him a little extra, but he just ran through tackles like it was nothing all day.

neb019.jpg

And I mean he *really* ran through tacklers.

neb020.jpg

I moved Culbert back to defense and put him in at SS to split with Asante.

neb021.jpg

Murillo and Thenarse go up to break up a would-be long bomb from JDB.

neb022.jpg

Lucky attacking the open field.

neb023.jpg

He looks like a hungry wolf in this one. No, the faces don't change in Madden but heck, this was an interesting angle.

neb024.jpg

Keller gathers his troops. Random trivia: Vince Young used to fart in the huddle to lighten the mood...

neb025.jpg

Thomas Lawson breaks one to the secondary. I have him and Senske on the roster at FB; JB Phillips is pencilled in at #2 TE. Fair or not, I don't want Phillips as my FB!

neb026.jpg

And Keller lines them up to take a knee. 31-24, '07 Huskers (modded) vs '06 Trojan roster...yeah, yeah, it means nothing. Hey, but I survived the Madden late-game CPU cheating spree.

neb027.jpg

Prince Amukamura takes the opening kickoff against Texas.

neb028.jpg

The Prince breaks this one to just about midfield. With a little help from some "enhanced" acceleration ;) But hey, I don't know his game speed. One must make educated guesses sometimes :)

neb029.jpg

Peterson in traffic and near the goal line. Unfortunately, the next pass gets picked. Not a good day for Keller (or the Huskers...but a fine day for screenshots, anyway).

neb030.jpg

Octavien blows past the 'Horns pass defense and nails Colt McCoy.

neb031.jpg

That's Culbert bringing down the Texas receiver with Dillard in the foreground, doing his best impression of a Great Leaping Toad.

neb032.jpg

Grixby - such a fierce competitor, full of heart and able to provide senior leadership for this team. Argh! Somehow I resisted the urge to "mod" his height up.

neb033.jpg

Purify climbs the proverbial ladder of greatness.

neb034.jpg

Bowman drops a sure interception there, but at least keeps it away from Sweed and an open forty yards to the endzone.

neb036.jpg

Mendoza, who also had a TD run in the USC game, takes the hand off from Keller and brings it home.

neb037.jpg

Here's DJ Jones on the critical block (according to Madden).

neb038.jpg

Even though the Huskers are getting pummeled, Ruud lays the wood on McCoy and makes sure he's not enjoying his day.

neb039.jpg

Again the Huskers pash rush prevails as Andre Jones and Ty Steinkuhler bring down McCoy while he's sitting ten yards deep. I'm sure he doesn't mind, because it's 42-17 by the time I give up on this game.

neb040.jpg

Already up two scores, Keller goes long for Purify...

neb041.jpg

....who's got his guys beat by a mile. Okay, two yards. Same thing.

Enjoy...plenty more where those came from. Hopefully the bandwith on the host doesn't expire soon, but they're all JPEGs (5.6MB total or so, 150MB daily download limit) so it *should* be okay.