A 'BIG' problem...Parish

I'm uncomfortable with the precedent it sets by pulling his scholly. Although i don't like his comments and question the validity of this kids committment, in essence we'd be pulling a scholly because we don't like what he said in the press. How does that play out down the road with recruiting?

If this kid is looking to go else where, he'll decommitt on his own. Let him be the one to backout on his word, not the staff.

In the meantime, continue to pursue other guys at his spot. I think we still two or three defensive lineman with his committ anyway.

I think most would agree about pulling the scholarship based solely on news reports. That would be reactionary. The coaches may need to have a "come to Jesus meeting" with him, if they're not already in constant contact with him. I wouldn't even trust the press to accurately report what he said.

I think the come to Jesus is the best appoach also however, chances are pretty good he will just tell them what they want to hear regardless of his intent.

I'm uncomfortable with the precedent it sets by pulling his scholly. Although i don't like his comments and question the validity of this kids committment, in essence we'd be pulling a scholly because we don't like what he said in the press. How does that play out down the road with recruiting?

If this kid is looking to go else where, he'll decommitt on his own. Let him be the one to backout on his word, not the staff.

In the meantime, continue to pursue other guys at his spot. I think we still two or three defensive lineman with his committ anyway.

I think most would agree about pulling the scholarship based solely on news reports. That would be reactionary. The coaches may need to have a "come to Jesus meeting" with him, if they're not already in constant contact with him. I wouldn't even trust the press to accurately report what he said.

The press doesn't need to...his enthusiasm, or lack thereof, was present in his radio interview.

He's holding a spot for himself....I personally don't blame him. Coaches pull scholarships and promise them all the time and then never do.

I do blame him. Callahan wouldn't yank this on any player if they are truly 'N'. If I work my butt off and get an offer from a quality program such as Nebraska, and my top choices are USC, Florida, and Oklahoma...and they haven't offered...

Guess what...If I believe in myself, and see that an awesome program like Nebraska believes in me, and the caliber of recruits I'm going to be playing with...I'd be off the hook with my commitment and really excited about my decision. And this isn't just Nebraska, I'd feel the same way if a different school was in the same scenario.

Sadly, this isn't the case. I hope NU knows this situation better than I do.

This isn't a restaurant. You want to hold a spot? Go wait in line at Denny's. Because here it is...Nebraska is back, and we want not only the best, but the dedicated...the passionate. The team-orientated. Don't waste someone's time if you're holding out for the buffet line at Golden Corral, and then become a drip because you don't get it.

He's holding a spot for himself....I personally don't blame him. Coaches pull scholarships and promise them all the time and then never do.

None of this bothers me so long as the coaches are honest with the recruits, i.e., not making promises they cannot or never intend to keep, etc. We're not talking HS anymore, this is the big time and big money, and the kids are expected to perform and represent the team and the university. If they won't or can't meet their obligations there are others who will. Nobody, including NU hands out money for free. You can bet that if recruits don't meet their obligations as scholarship athletes they won't be scholarship athletes for long. That's just life.

If your company pays you because they promised they would when they hired you I'd like to have your job. Tell your boss you're there only because you haven't found something better. As soon as you find something better you'll be gone. I'd like to hear about the results.

:yeah

GBR!!!

If someone offered you more money, better hours or a friendlier enviornment for the same job you are doing now, would you not consider leaving your job?

Most people are going to leave their job as soon as something better comes along... that's kind of why it's considered better. However, most people are also pretty good about shouting this out loud to their boss.

i doubt many people would get fired for telling their boss they are looking for something better either. Just don't expect the company to invest in you much or look to promote you.

I don't see what Parish did by commiting as all that different from what many other recruits have done. Including another one currently commited to NU. The difference is that he's not as savy about it in the media.

If someone offered you more money, better hours or a friendlier enviornment for the same job you are doing now, would you not consider leaving your job?

Most people are going to leave their job as soon as something better comes along... that's kind of why it's considered better. However, most people are also pretty good about shouting this out loud to their boss.

i doubt many people would get fired for telling their boss they are looking for something better either. Just don't expect the company to invest in you much or look to promote you.

I don't see what Parish did by commiting as all that different from what many other recruits have done. Including another one currently commited to NU. The difference is that he's not as savy about it in the media.

He should of keep his comments to himself, now he has a lot of people fired up. I'm not one of them.

Not reading much above this(so this could have been said already), what really makes me kind of mad is that he doesn't even try to hide that he would go to another school if a bigger one offered, yes I am sure that there are a lot of guys who really want to go to a bigger school but to go out and say it like he is just disrespectful to Nebraska, I'm sure if he does stick around, Baker and Bryce will make sure he knows this is a BIG time program

Not reading much above this(so this could have been said already), what really makes me kind of mad is that he doesn't even try to hide that he would go to another school if a bigger one offered, yes I am sure that there are a lot of guys who really want to go to a bigger school but to go out and say it like he is just disrespectful to Nebraska, I'm sure if he does stick around, Baker and Bryce will make sure he knows this is a BIG time program

"Bigger" school? Doesn't he know we are Kings?