ESPN's "expert" predictions

Took the words right out of mouth Captian Obvious. Hawks beat us for the first time in 35 years and he's talkin crap. Please, don't turn into a K-State Football Fan, PLEASE! All the KU fans that I know are level headed about their program. We all know about the KSU Kitty Cat fans. Jesus, honestly there are some in this area that don't grasp how bad Kansas St. was and really think that their program is right up there with USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Nebraska, etc.

I also did not say I was an "expert" on KU Football as you mentioned. I pay attention a little because I really do pull for the Hawks, except for one weekend in the fall. Go Big Red! :bonez

I called you an expert because you predicted that KU had LESS talent this year, and then went on to explain why Todd McShay and his pick is bad, even though you didn't know the name of the KU QB you were talking about and you have NO IDEA about the players KU has back.

I've been kind to most husker fans on this board for the last year now, but seriously, there is a reason no experts picked NU to win the Big 12. You guys aren't as close to being "back" as you think. If you are, please explain why KU embarrassed you in 2005, then went to Lincoln last year and almost beat you guys in OT! On your own field!!! How are you going to come into our house and beat us? I'm confident because we saw what happend last year. KU was a double digit dog on the road against you guys, and heck, we played our 2nd string QB against you!!!! Barman was NOT OUR STARTER!

I hate to go off on you guys like this, but you guys brought it on yourself with all of the KU cracks. My invitation to tailgate with you guys is off the table. See you in Lawrence, and I hope you over look us like you have the last 2 years.

:boxosoap

And to go along with what I just wrote....you guys sound really stupid talking about how bad KU is when we beat you in 05 and took you to the wire in OT last year in your back yard.

Took the words right out of mouth Captian Obvious. Hawks beat us for the first time in 35 years and he's talkin crap. Please, don't turn into a K-State Football Fan, PLEASE! All the KU fans that I know are level headed about their program. We all know about the KSU Kitty Cat fans. Jesus, honestly there are some in this area that don't grasp how bad Kansas St. was and really think that their program is right up there with USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Nebraska, etc.

I also did not say I was an "expert" on KU Football as you mentioned. I pay attention a little because I really do pull for the Hawks, except for one weekend in the fall. Go Big Red! :bonez

I called you an expert because you predicted that KU had LESS talent this year, and then went on to explain why Todd McShay and his pick is bad, even though you didn't know the name of the KU QB you were talking about and you have NO IDEA about the players KU has back.

I've been kind to most husker fans on this board for the last year now, but seriously, there is a reason no experts picked NU to win the Big 12. You guys aren't as close to being "back" as you think. If you are, please explain why KU embarrassed you in 2005, then went to Lincoln last year and almost beat you guys in OT! On your own field!!! How are you going to come into our house and beat us? I'm confident because we saw what happend last year. KU was a double digit dog on the road against you guys, and heck, we played our 2nd string QB against you!!!! Barman was NOT OUR STARTER!

I hate to go off on you guys like this, but you guys brought it on yourself with all of the KU cracks. My invitation to tailgate with you guys is off the table. See you in Lawrence, and I hope you over look us like you have the last 2 years.

And to go along with what I just wrote....you guys sound really stupid talking about how bad KU is when we beat you in 05 and took you to the wire in OT last year in your back yard.

blah blah blah 05, blah blah blah OT, blah blah blah. See you in Lawrence.

Seriously man, this kind of talk is going to get old for the next 30 years. You might want to pace yourself on the '05 references. You don't want to run out and start repeating yourself with 28 years of drought left to endure.

What do you typically call a 1 in 35 occurrence? A fluke? An anomaly? A f'ing MIRACLE???

Seriously man, this kind of talk is going to get old for the next 30 years. You might want to pace yourself on the '05 references. You don't want to run out and start repeating yourself with 28 years of drought left to endure.

What do you typically call a 1 in 35 occurrence? A fluke? An anomaly? A f'ing MIRACLE???

Nice come backs you to! :sarcasm

It was wasn't it? Truth hurts sometimes.

Sorry, I think this is what I meant: :nutz

Why does everyone (media included) want to see us "down" or keep saying "you'll never be back"? I guess you have to use the word "down" because the Huskers have been so dominate but compared to other schools and the years of struggle, we have not been "down" that long or bad. Since the 2000 season, we are 60-29! The years, everyone keeps talking about 2004-2006, the Huskers are still 22-15. Not Nebraska standards, but a lot teams would take that. This, putting in a new offensive and defensive system!

I have total respect for these team I about to mention. They are Div I powerhouses. But people forget about this. Oklahoma from 1992 to 1999 went 44-48-3. That's 8 years! Penn St. went 26-33 from 2000-2004. The beloved Trojans from USC went 71-58-2 from 1991-2001. That's 11 years of pretty above average football. Anyway, I just laugh at ESPN or other schools fans on message boards that keep saying were still "down". I'm telling you, the 9 to 12 win seasons are here again. :bonez

Why does everyone (media included) want to see us "down" or keep saying "you'll never be back"? I guess you have to use the word "down" because the Huskers have been so dominate but compared to other schools and the years of struggle, we have not been "down" that long or bad. Since the 2000 season, we are 60-29! The years, everyone keeps talking about 2004-2006, the Huskers are still 22-15. Not Nebraska standards, but a lot teams would take that. This, putting in a new offensive and defensive system!

I have total respect for these team I about to mention. They are Div I powerhouses. But people forget about this. Oklahoma from 1992 to 1999 went 44-48-3. That's 8 years! Penn St. went 26-33 from 2000-2004. The beloved Trojans from USC went 71-58-2 from 1991-2001. That's 11 years of pretty above average football. Anyway, I just laugh at ESPN or other schools fans on message boards that keep saying were still "down". I'm telling you, the 9 to 12 win seasons are here again. :bonez

glad to see my post is being ignored here.. <_<

1 outta 35 is completely worthless. Do you honestly think that because we owned the 80's and 90's means anything??? c'mon guys, seriously....

2006 in Lincoln: NU 39-32 (OT)

2005 in Lawrence: KU 40-15

2004 in Lincoln: NU 14-8

Our two wins both came down to the wire, 6 points and 7 points. And then a 25 point loss?? I believe we will win the north as much as the next guy, but if we refuse to give Kansas some respect i garuntee it will come back to get us. I woulda thought the past 3 years would be a better indicator than how Mike Rozier tore em up 25 years ago <_<

1 outta 35 is completely worthless. Do you honestly think that because we owned the 80's and 90's means anything??? c'mon guys, seriously....

Our two wins both came down to the wire, 6 points and 7 points. And then a 25 point loss?? I believe we will win the north as much as the next guy, but if we refuse to give Kansas some respect i garuntee it will come back to get us. I woulda thought the past 3 years would be a better indicator than how Mike Rozier tore em up 25 years ago <_<

Well, maybe when KU amounts to the pile of sh#t that this guy is talking them up to, they will win the close games against teams like Nebraska.

(Just like how when NU amounts to the pile of sh#t that we always talk them up to, they will win the close games against teams like Texas.)

It's just a little annoying to have to deal with cheap shots from the conference bottom feeders every August. As football season nears, they talk incessantly about how Nebraska isn't what it used to be. Then as the season wears on and their team is in a neck and neck battle for 3rd place in the North, they start to quiet down. All we were pointing out is that there isn't really that much historical precedence for this guy to start talking sh#t about the '05 loss like it was some kind of sea change in the conference hierarchy.

My amount of "respect" for Kansas doesn't mean sh#t anyway. I'm not on the football team. There's no karma in college football.

Well, maybe when KU amounts to the pile of sh#t that this guy is talking them up to, they will win the close games against teams like Nebraska.

(Just like how when NU amounts to the pile of sh#t that we always talk them up to, they will win the close games against teams like Texas.)

ok, so you dont think Kansas should be taken seriously because they didn't win some close games with us, BUT im assuming you also think that Nebraska will beat Texas this year, like the rest of the board does?? if you do, your totally not making any sense with your comparison..

So what your saying is that we, (the fans) don't give Kansas some respect, that NU will lose to KU? Maybe the actuall players should give KU some respect since it's going to be them that is going to play them. I don't know about you guys but I won't be calling plays in the huddle. Until then I will continue to talk smack to every KU fan that I see (since it goes both ways).

ok, so you dont think Kansas should be taken seriously because they didn't win some close games with us, BUT im assuming you also think that Nebraska will beat Texas this year, like the rest of the board does?? if you do, your totally not making any sense with your comparison..

Wellllll..... I certainly hope we beat Texas, but I'm not prognosticating victory on Texas boards and rubbing Purify's 75 yard TD grab from last season in peoples faces for my own gratification.

I'm not really sure what the point of this entire thread was. Preseason football talk is useless. It basically just gives Kansas fans (and Colorado, KSU, Mizzou, etc etc etc) a chance to act tough until their team is proven useless on the field, as demonstrated here. I read some comments on the KC Star website where people were just coming out of the woodwork talking sh#t about Nebraska. It's like that's the only sense of gratification they have gotten over the last decade for being Mizzou and KU fans. It also gives NU fans several opportunities a day to re-iterate the same predictions over and over and over again and use the dancing banana emoticon when they don't really have anything to say :corndance . Or is that corn? I'm going to say it's a banana.

People hate Nebraska. Always have, always will. People love to see us lose because we have won for so long. f#*k it dude, let's go bowling.

Wellllll..... I certainly hope we beat Texas, but I'm not prognosticating victory on Texas boards and rubbing Purify's 75 yard TD grab from last season in peoples faces for my own gratification.

I'm not really sure what the point of this entire thread was. Preseason football talk is useless. It basically just gives Kansas fans (and Colorado, KSU, Mizzou, etc etc etc) a chance to act tough until their team is proven useless on the field, as demonstrated here. I read some comments on the KC Star website where people were just coming out of the woodwork talking sh#t about Nebraska. It's like that's the only sense of gratification they have gotten over the last decade for being Mizzou and KU fans. It also gives NU fans several opportunities a day to re-iterate the same predictions over and over and over again and use the dancing banana emoticon when they don't really have anything to say :corndance . Or is that corn? I'm going to say it's a banana.

People hate Nebraska. Always have, always will. People love to see us lose because we have won for so long. f#*k it dude, let's go bowling.

OK, after all that has been said, let me see if I can put an end to this post. The only reason I started talking smack at husker nation is because ya'll started it first. You kept bringing up how bad KU is and how Todd McShay is an idiot and how mangino is fat (that seems to be a husker board favorite). Why are you so annoyed with Todd's pick of KU winning the North? I think it's cool that he is picking a long shot. Would you of been more upset if he would of chose Missouri? All I'm saying is you need to cut teams like KU a break. No one is trying to act tough on here. I respect nebraska and their fan base. But you can't deny the fact that from 2000 and on ya'll really haven't done a whole lot. Really NOBODY from the North has done much, except for KSU in 2003, which I still think was an absolute fluke!

All I'm saying is that you guys think your team will restore the order every single year. I think you guys are much better than the 2005 team, but you're still a work in progress. Lets be realistic here. Will you beat USC? NO. Will you beat Texas in Austin? probably not. Will you win the North? Yes. I think with the talent you have you should. But the schedule does set up better for MU. That's just a fact.

So don't get it twisted. I exploded on this thread because of the constant KU bashing. Don't be mad about that. You should be more disgusted with the pundits that chose MU over you in the North. General Blackshirt brought up some good points. Respect the opponents, especially in the North. I have a feeling it's going to be another wild finish.

OK, now we can be friends again. :cheers

It was wasn't it? Truth hurts sometimes.

P.S. It doesn't matter if you win by a point or a 50 points....OT or not, who came out on top. And believe me when I say and you can even quote me, "It will not take OT for us to beat you this year!" GBR

:bonez