The Long Awaited....

LINK

Lincoln - Nebraska Head Football Coach Bill Callahan Tuesday morning released the first official depth chart of the season – and the first official depth chart since pre-spring practice last April.

The two-deep depth chart features a mix of experienced veterans and talented newcomers.

Among veteran performers, senior wide receiver Terrence Nunn is at the top of the depth chart to start the season for the fourth straight year. Nunn ranks second in school history in receptions entering his senior season with 101 catches. He is joined in the starting offensive lineup by senior H-Back J.B. Phillips, who is also entering his third season as a Husker starter.

Defensively, four Husker seniors are entering their third seasons as starters. Senior linebackers Corey McKeon and Bo Ruud top the depth chart at MIKE and SAM linebacker, respectively, while Omaha natives Cortney Grixby (right cornerback) and Tierre Green (free safety) are the veteran leaders of the secondary.

The two-deep released also shows the fruits of Nebraska’s talented 2007 recruiting class. Eleven members of the ‘07 class found their way onto the two-deep, including projected starters Armando Murillo (left cornerback), Larry Asante (strong safety) and Adi Kunalic (co-No. 1 placekicker).

Depth Chart Link: Nebraska vs. Nevada Depth Chart (Aug. 28)

Is anybody else totally f'ing excited to see Zachary Bowman listed #2 behind Cortney Grixby??? I think we'll be seeing him on Saturday if he's #2 on the depth chart.

Does this also mean that he will start over Grixby when he's up to speed?

Is anybody surprised to see Murillo ahead of Jones?

That has me pretty excited as well. I am not really suprised to see Murillo ahead of Jones. Jones sure talks big game but doesnt ever show up.

I didn't see Prince on there anywhere, is he not doing better than Grixby?

I'm doubting he's doing better than grixby right now grixby is one of our top two cb's. He's a senior and prince is a true freshman,give grixby a little more credit please.

I would have to agree. Grixby may not be the best DB, but he is a senior. His experience is worth far more than the raw talent Prince may have. No way can a true frosh come into D-1 college FB and start his first game over a 4 year starter.

Is anybody else totally f'ing excited to see Zachary Bowman listed #2 behind Cortney Grixby??? I think we'll be seeing him on Saturday if he's #2 on the depth chart.

Does this also mean that he will start over Grixby when he's up to speed?

Is anybody surprised to see Murillo ahead of Jones?

That has me pretty excited as well. I am not really suprised to see Murillo ahead of Jones. Jones sure talks big game but doesnt ever show up.

See: USC '06

As soon as I saw the depth chart I raced right here!! I wanted to catch all of the "Why is Grixby starting instead of Jones!?!?!?"

Murillo must be the real deal.

Jones was a JUCO stop gap plug-in. He stepped in when we needed him last year but Grix is still a better corner. I bet when Bowman is fully healthy Grix becomes the nickel over Jones as well.

Glenn not even on the chart is weird to me?

Wow, I can't wait until game day!!!

Jim Rome is just starting an interview with Mac Brown on the internet radio station I'm listening to. Lets see what that guy has to say. Later.

As soon as I saw the depth chart I raced right here!! I wanted to catch all of the "Why is Grixby starting instead of Jones!?!?!?"

Murillo must be the real deal.

Jones was a JUCO stop gap plug-in. He stepped in when we needed him last year but Grix is still a better corner. I bet when Bowman is fully healthy Grix becomes the nickel over Jones as well.

Glenn not even on the chart is weird to me?

Wow, I can't wait until game day!!!

Jim Rome is just starting an interview with Mac Brown on the internet radio station I'm listening to. Lets see what that guy has to say. Later.

what internet radio station are you listening to that is streaming jim rome?? I didn't think radio stations could stream him because he sells his show online already.