The Long Awaited....

First depth chart isn't even out for a whole day and people are already complaining about it and second guessing some moves without even seeing the Huskers play one snap or finish one game.... Man, Saturday better come in a hurry.

I agree!!!! We all know that Cally almost never follows this depth chart to a T so why get worked up about it???

Agree we should not get too worked up about this depth chart. The CB situation is such that it appears we have 4 good CB's (if Bowman and Jones are behind Grixby and Murillo...then maybe Grixby and Murillo are better than we are giving them credit for because I think Bowman and Jones are pretty darn good!). I do expect if a CB is getting torched than there is no doubt we should have some depth at back-up (which we did not have last year). I also like the fact that we can allow CB's a rest and have someone to fill in. I was surprised to see Mike McNeill listed so far down at H-Back...I thought this was to be his year to break out. The Culbert scenario at IB is still somewhat puzzling. Hope Glenn can come back. Excited to see Asante, Murillo, and Castille in action. :box:box:box

Jim Rome is just starting an interview with Mac Brown on the internet radio station I'm listening to. Lets see what that guy has to say. Later.

what internet radio station are you listening to that is streaming jim rome?? I didn't think radio stations could stream him because he sells his show online already.

Yeah pony up that information. Jim Rome is one guy who actually supports Nebraska. I love listening to that guy

I'm in the Rome camp, too. A little SoCal bias, but knowledgable and entertaining. He should Frank Caliendo on his show too.... :lol:

You gotta be kidding me? Jim Rome knowledgeable? The next original take that guy comes up with will be his first. And by the way, he was one of the worst at blowing the LP story all out of proportion. He called NU a bunch of criminals, and he was calling Osborne "Warden Brubaker." Jim Rome is a hack who reads ESPN.com every morning and then rehashes all of those takes on the radio.

I feel vindicated. All last season as people were bashing Grixby and saying they should play one of many other young players, I kept saying Grixby was not that bad, it was the scheme. Here we are a year later and who is starting? Drum roll….Grixby! And none of the players whose names kept coming up in discussion as replacements for Grixby are even starting anywhere (corner or safety).

On a side note, Andrew Shanle is still on an NFL roster as of today. That makes, what, 8 or 9 Huskers that were here and were part of that “no talent” group of defensive players Coz got stuck with when he came to NU, who are now on NFL rosters? Man, if only Coz would have had some players with game. :sarcasm

I feel vindicated. All last season as people were bashing Grixby and saying they should play one of many other young players, I kept saying Grixby was not that bad, it was the scheme. Here we are a year later and who is starting? Drum roll….Grixby! And none of the players whose names kept coming up in discussion as replacements for Grixby are even starting anywhere (corner or safety).

On a side note, Andrew Shanle is still on an NFL roster as of today. That makes, what, 8 or 9 Huskers that were here and were part of that “no talent” group of defensive players Coz got stuck with when he came to NU, who are now on NFL rosters? Man, if only Coz would have had some players with game. :sarcasm

FYI: I counted 7- 4 DL

1 LB

2 DB (one was Bullocks and the other, Shanle, still has to make it past cuts)

So in 3 years, thats 7 players, 2 of whom will start.

FYI: I counted 7- 4 DL

1 LB

2 DB (one was Bullocks and the other, Shanle, still has to make it past cuts)

So in 3 years, thats 7 players, 2 of whom will start.

Actually there are 12 defensive players who Coz had to work with, who are currently on NFL rosters. Titus Adams, Stewart Bradley, Daniel Bullocks, Josh Bullocks, Adam Carriker, Barry Cryer, Ola Dagunduro, Jay Moore, Barrett Ruud, Andrew Shanle, LeKevin Smith, and Fabian Washington.

6 DL (although Moore is listed as a LB on Frisco's roster)

2 LB

4 DB (at least two of whom WILL start, and another that has a good shot. True that Shanle still has to make the final cut)

My point is that when 12 of your players are still on NFL rosters one week before the start of the season, that is an indication that there is talent there. So all of the people who keep talking about how Coz's problem was that he had no talent to work with are quite frankly, full of crap.