What defense are we running????

Other players receiving Blackshirts were junior defensive end Barry Turner, senior linebackers Lance Brandenburgh, Corey McKeon, Steve Octavien and Bo Ruud and senior defensive backs Zack Bowman, Tierre Green, Cortney Grixby and Andre Jones.

I got to thinking, this is gameweek, we actually get to talk about a game...

With Nevada running a lot of shotgun team, will we be seeing a lot of 5 and six DB sets?????

Phillip Dillard at Nose tackle in long yardage situations?????

Nevada has such a unique attack (the "pistol" offense) that it's hard to say. Do you think that we have five to six DB's that we'd feel comfortable throwing out there? There's been a lot of discussion about our 3-4 set, which gives us a ton of coverage options. I wouldn't be too surprised to see us blitz from a lot of different places in the 3-4 to confuse their protection and create an uncomfortable experience for their QB (as if playing in Memorial Stadium isn't uncomfortable enough!)

I'm looking forward to seeing the Wolfpack offense though. Something a little different.

I think that we will see a lot of our base 4-3 in this game, except for obvious passing downs where hopefully we will mix it up quite a bit. Even though Nevada uses a shotgun formation (sort of) they still run the ball quite a bit out of it. We will need to stop the run first and foremost.

I agree. Their coach created that offense to have a way to run the ball straight up the middle out of a "shotgun" type formation. I think we'll see 4-3 most of the game, if not the whole game. And I think the coaches will want to save some things for Wake Forest and USC. But then again, some things might happen during the game and we could see a lot of different things.

I think that we will see a lot of our base 4-3 in this game, except for obvious passing downs where hopefully we will mix it up quite a bit. Even though Nevada uses a shotgun formation (sort of) they still run the ball quite a bit out of it. We will need to stop the run first and foremost.

I agree. Their coach created that offense to have a way to run the ball straight up the middle out of a "shotgun" type formation. I think we'll see 4-3 most of the game, if not the whole game. And I think the coaches will want to save some things for Wake Forest and USC. But then again, some things might happen during the game and we could see a lot of different things.

Does the DL constantly crash down and keep the RB and QB froming running up the middle, like last year, or does Cosgrove "release the hounds" and we see an outside pass rush????

Does the DL constantly crash down and keep the RB and QB froming running up the middle, like last year, or does Cosgrove "release the hounds" and we see an outside pass rush????

Cry HAVOC, and let slip the dogs of war. :woo