Fire Callahan!

Main Entry: hyp·o·crite

Pronunciation: 'hi-p&-"krit

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritEs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

- hypocrite adjective

Those wanting more time for BC seem to be the ones who wanted Solich fired. Solich's "new" coaching staff had just one year to perform and ended the season ranked in the top 25. We'll never know how well they would have recruited because they were given just one year.

Making progress? In 2003, NU went 10-3. We finished the season ranked 18th. In 2004, NU went 5-6 and finished ranked 68th. In 2005, NU went 8-4 and finished ranked 30th. In 2006, NU went 9-5 and finished ranked 28th.

Why after BC struggles does everyone want to compare and give him the time TO was given? Whenever we talk about Solich being fired, it's the same old thing that you win now. It's always said the times have changed and you win now and often or be fired. But, when it gets turned around to BC everyone wants to give him a contract extension and plenty of time even though he's yet to finish the season in the top 25. For those of you who think it's good that there wasn't the internet back in the 70's or TO would be gone might just want to do some history there. TO was so frustrated with the pressure of coaching at NU that he actually checked into coaching for Colorado of all places. The pressure was just as intense back then as it is now.

For those of you who don't want to see a coaching carousel, what do you think we have now? No, we haven't had new HC's, but we have several new coaches. I'm not exactly sold on Coz either. I find it interesting that Coz's replacement at Wisconsin is now their head coach. If Alvarez thought Coz was a good coach wouldn't he have had him stick around and hand the reigns to him?

We're not going to fire BC this year, and he will be the coach next year and the year after. However after his 6 year contract is up, I have no idea what will happen. Considering Pud just got an extension, I would assume BC will get one as well within the next 12 months. In order for any of this to change, I believe something drastic will have to happen such as sellout streak ending, etc. IMO, we're stuck with him. It's kind of like a marriage. We'll have him through richer and poorer and through sickness and health until he decides to retire or move on.

Best post of the thread.

I honestly am so surprised that everyone is accepting of this. My point is that if we don't start winning 10 games virtually every year like Texas, OU, SoCal, LSU, OSU etc then he needs to go. BCS 2 out of 3 years is a standard and I think less than 10 wins is a major disappointment in COACHING. Do you think we have less talent than Boise St last year? They beat OU and put up a lot of points purely on coaching and great play calling. A friend of mine who coaches at Oregon St. said that they were shocked and embarrassed by NU play calling in the Big 12 championship. You guys are saying it's OK to be close in the 4th quarter to good teams. When did this become the standard b/c it wasn't ok for Frank or TO.

Anyone wanna bet on a BCS game by 2010? If not, then that will be 7 years and that isn't acceptable. Also, we play in the Big 12 north. I am very happy we won and I traveled from AZ to the game but it isn't like winning the SEC.

I grow weary of this nonsense. This whole ridiculous thread is an absolute waste of time. Look, there is simply no way around this. You have to let the man run his offense as it is DESIGNED to be run. Zac Taylor, a tough hell of a kid, served as a trasitional period QB. He is not what will bring Callahan's system to life on the level that hopefully Keller will be able to. And let's not forget about what the future season's hold with the likes of Gabbert and Witt. Plain and simple, I do believe that Callahan will restore this team; and it will be on the cutting edge of football, prepared fully to evolve into whatever is in the future. But none of that matters to you. You just have a beef, and the only thing that will shut you up is success. So please, divert your attention to the television each Saturday, and we'll see what happens.

And USC must be razed to the ground.

I honestly am so surprised that everyone is accepting of this. My point is that if we don't start winning 10 games virtually every year like Texas, OU, SoCal, LSU, OSU etc then he needs to go. BCS 2 out of 3 years is a standard and I think less than 10 wins is a major disappointment in COACHING. Do you think we have less talent than Boise St last year? They beat OU and put up a lot of points purely on coaching and great play calling. A friend of mine who coaches at Oregon St. said that they were shocked and embarrassed by NU play calling in the Big 12 championship. You guys are saying it's OK to be close in the 4th quarter to good teams. When did this become the standard b/c it wasn't ok for Frank or TO.

Anyone wanna bet on a BCS game by 2010? If not, then that will be 7 years and that isn't acceptable. Also, we play in the Big 12 north. I am very happy we won and I traveled from AZ to the game but it isn't like winning the SEC.

to paraphrase for billy c. if he's reading this: WIN!!! WIN NOW!!! WIN EVERYTIME!!! NO EXCUSES OR YOU'RE GONE!!!!!

and if the guy we replace doesn't win at least ten games his first season and get us a BCS berth, second tops... HE'S GONE TOO!!!! NO EXCUUUSES!!!!

heck, we should just have coaches sign one-year contracts just so we ain't tied in with some loser! man, we'd have coaches FIGHTING to come to nebraska knowing if they weren't godlike out of the chute, they'd be dumped faster than the burritos racing thru mark mangino's small intestine.

that's the way to get it done in corn country, buddy! YEAH!!!

Haha, I love it when someone responds to something they don't like with wild exaggerations. Come on now Hack, you're better than this.

I grow weary of this nonsense. This whole ridiculous thread is an absolute waste of time. Look, there is simply no way around this. You have to let the man run his offense as it is DESIGNED to be run. Zac Taylor, a tough hell of a kid, served as a trasitional period QB. He is not what will bring Callahan's system to life on the level that hopefully Keller will be able to. And let's not forget about what the future season's hold with the likes of Gabbert and Witt. Plain and simple, I do believe that Callahan will restore this team; and it will be on the cutting edge of football, prepared fully to evolve into whatever is in the future. But none of that matters to you. You just have a beef, and the only thing that will shut you up is success. So please, divert your attention to the television each Saturday, and we'll see what happens.

And USC must be razed to the ground.

So what you're saying is unless Callahan has EXACTLY the right players for his offense, it'll never work? That's not really very reassuring. Good coaches (like Bob Stoops) make do with what they have.

Let me first start by saying I am not a fan of locking this thread as some have suggested. Most of us may not agree with I bleed red but he has not violated any board rules or been disrespectful.

Now, I pose this question to I bleed......what do you suggest? How long do we give a coach? Do you think bringing in a new coach ever few years is good for the program? (ask Alabama how it worked out for them).

Let me first start by saying I am not a fan of locking this thread as some have suggested. Most of us may not agree with I bleed red but he has not violated any board rules or been disrespectful.

Now, I pose this question to I bleed......what do you suggest? How long do we give a coach? Do you think bringing in a new coach ever few years is good for the program? (ask Alabama how it worked out for them).

Actually it seems like he is trolling a little bit here............... <_< You can lock a thread for just being pointless not just because someone broke the rules.

Actually it seems like he is trolling a little bit here............... <_< You can lock a thread for just being pointless not just because someone broke the rules.

But Still..Pretty Shickenchit to lock a thread just because you don't agree with it.

Just try staying away if it gets too controversial for you.

Jeff! (Harry)

is that you?

pm me if it is

Sure Cally made some boneheaded calls in the past and will probably continue to..All coaches appear to be human.

But I do see improvement..And I'll take your bet.

We'll get into a BCS Bowl..Just may not win the B12 by that time.

But Still..Pretty Shickenchit to lock a thread just because you don't agree with it.

Don't worry about me I can take care of myself there junior. The problem is this stupid topic has been brought up so many times this off-season that it's getting pretty darn old and I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that!?

Don't worry about me I can take care of myself there junior. The problem is this stupid topic has been brought up so many times this off-season that it's getting pretty darn old and I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that!?

Yeah, I know BRI

I tried really hard to stay away too.

But was glad to see the Callahan support.

And if this had been locked, may not have been able to see all of the support...or even your :yeah responses

Jr :lol: