Fire Callahan!

Alabama has weak talent right now, their team did terrible the last few seasons and they have a new coach in the toughest conference in football.

How long will it be before they finish in the top 25? All you "it takes a time and I am in it for the long run" better hope it's not within 4 years b/c your theory will be shot.

don't speculate?!? your whole thread is pure speculation. if, if ,if...all i was saying is we are getting close after a cosmic shift in philosophy. i don't see it differently. i know we lost a few bad games. i have a hole in my garage wall to prove how pissed i was after the okie state game. i'm not blind, but i see things with a little more periphrial than you maybe. your focus seems to be straight down the path of wins and loses. which is all that matters...in a couple more years after the dust of the change settles!! you can't measure progress of a game of inches, by trying to cram a mile in a millimeter.

How long will it be before they finish in the top 25? All you "it takes a time and I am in it for the long run" better hope it's not within 4 years b/c your theory will be shot.

I suppose if you assume both programs are exactly identical and they have the same:

Facilities

Injuries

Recruiting luck or no luck

among a host of other things.

If you ask me, it's just not that cut and dry.

If Callahan get's fired, there's no guarantee that we will win a championship any time after he's gone. Heck, there's nothing guaranteeing we will with him. So what's the answer? Do what's best for the university and it's students. Whatever that may be.

Fortunately, you and I are not in a position to make that decision. All we get to do is argue and register sweet ass domain names in protest.

I have one question that everyone has avoided:

DO YOU IN YOUR HEART BELIEVE THAT BILL CALLAHAN CAN COACH A CONSISTENT TOP 10 TEAM (2 out of 3 years) AND WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?

This question is pointless unless your name is Steve Pederson and you hold the title of University of Nebraska-Lincoln Athletic Director, or if you are a big-time booster who has invested in the program. I don't care how many yards per game your son's peewee league football team averaged in the playoffs last season, you will never have a full grasp of the situation. If you are not a part of the program, then how can you be so adamant about this?

Step off dude. Just enjoy the season. Criticize his playcalling on Sundays, act smart, I don't care. I'll probably do the same. Just quit with this inflammatory horsesh#t.

Here is the obvious:

Teams who beat OU since 2004 that we should beat:

UCLA

Tx Tech

Oregon

Boise St

BCS game participants since 2004 that we should beat:

Utah

Pitt

Penn St

Wake Forest

Boise St.

Don't let me hear conference excuses or "Lucky". We play in the North and Luck is detrermined when talent meats opportunity.

Here is the obvious:

UCLA

Tx Tech

Oregon

Boise St

Utah

Pitt

Penn St

Wake Forest

Boise St.

Don't let me hear conference excuses or "Lucky". We play in the North and Luck is detrermined when talent meats opportunity.

Are you actually going to have a discussion with someone or all of us or are you just going to keep spewing these posts?

And it's not inflammatory at all. It is stating my obvious opinion. And yes each of us fans can create enough momentum to make a change. Solich is living proof.

Lastly, perhaps I am a booster with influence. Then again, maybe not.

I am probably just a HUGE fan like each of you. At least we can all agree on that.

We each love Husker football and we are psyched about tomorrow.

luck is when talent meets opportunity?

sweet!!

we have a guy named Lucky on our team.

we have pretty good talent. (Lucky being one of them!!)

our opportunity is when we play the games!! lucky will be in the games!!!

sounds like we will fulfill your obligation and win at least 10 games, becuase we have luck, opportunity, and talent...so lets see how we do!! k? m-k!

callahan's not going anywhere. so if you don't like it...too bad. when we start winning the big ones come back on here so i can say, "still love you man, cuz your a Cornhusker fan."

Here is the obvious:

UCLA

Tx Tech

Oregon

Boise St

Utah

Pitt

Penn St

Wake Forest

Boise St.

NO WAY DUDE WE SHOULD BEAT EVERYBODY GBR GBR GBR GBR!!!!!!!

DaveH my list was in response to captain telling me what he thought was obvious by calling me a name. My list was stating the obvious to him.

I will stay in conversation mode

You are saying a man should lose his job because he isn't elite enough. You are also basing this on your own perception of who Nebraska should beat at football. You're not really in conversation mode, you're in full on flame mode.

We will almost never be an at large bid if we lose the BIG 12 championship if we have 2 losses. We are playing in the North and everyone across the country considers it a joke. We had better win it every year right now. The other teams are horrible.

Also, we were 9-5. That is a fact. Let's not speculate on turnovers and misques. Every team can say that. That is one of the worst things to do in sports. Champions don't say things like that. Do you think the Dallas Cowboys "coulda" won the Super Bowl if Romo didn't fumble? Who cares? He DID fumble.

We weren't ever ahead of USC we were just "close" Honestly we never had control of that game. BC messed up the end of the Auburn game, and OU dominated us. You may see it different but ask ANY totally nuetral observer.

WOULD ANYONE WANT TO FIRE BC IF WE GO 8-4 IN THE REGULAR SEASON, DON'T WIN THE NORTH AND LOSE OUR BOWL GAME?

Look at the actual stats for the OU/NU game. They didn't dominate us by any means. They took full advantage of our mistakes that we made. Period.

Bleed, Just pull your head out and look where we are going. Although that might be hard for thick headed fans like yourself. Nebraska is getting better, NOBODY can deny that. As others have stated, every team has a rebuilding period. EVERY TEAM. Remember when FSU and Miami were dominant forces in college football? Look where they are now. REBUILDING. Just give it time. Im sick of all the thick headed nebraska fans who don't realize what it takes to take an team and flip its philosophy around 180 degrees. It takes time. :rant

yes!! i think he can consistently put us in the BIG XII Championship game nearly every year. and if we manage to win that 1 or 2 years in a row every 3-4 years, then we will be in a BCS bowl game 6-8 times per decade. and if we lose the CCG, but our team is respected enough (and it will be if we're winning the North year in, year out) then we can be an at large bid almost every year as well.

but just remember, compeition isn't going anywhere! you think texas and aTm aren't trying to get to that level too. or even oklahama st and their $140 million dollar faciltites upgrade? think with your head instead of your heart!! ISU even fired a guy who beat us a couple times cuz they want to be competitive. everyone is trying. we are a fumble and a field goal kicker away from being 11-3 with two top ten upsets!!

notre dame hasn't won jack in 20 years. SC was a wasteland for almost 12 years. OU was on sanctions and had a revolving door of coaches for 7 years!! we are only 10 years removed from a NC and one year removed from a divisional championship. cool your jets. see how the season plays out. we could be 12-2. or we might go 8-4. even my Dad, who played and coached for the 'old regime' says he thinks we ARE headed in the right direction, and he doesn't even like callaha and hates peterson. but facts are facts: our personnel and facilities are better than they were before. now we go out and execute football plays and we WILL be 10-12 wins per year again.

Excellent points! The Big XII South does have deeper pockets especially with the House that T Boone Built in Stillwater. Too bad ole Warren B here in Omaha isn't a better fan. That said a great job has been done upgrading the facilities at Nebraska.

Coach Callahan has everything headed in the right direction and by week 3 we'll see if it is happening THIS YEAR.

:wasted We Are We :cheers

Every year the same old sh#t happens. Fire Callahan. This problem started in 2001 when Colorado kicked our ass and then Miami kick it more. The power the N had died from those two games. Ever since then, no one is afraid of the Huskers. Maybe people should go back and watch all the loses from 2002 on and see that nobody is afraid to play the Huskers. The tape doesn't lie. The Huskers need a pissed off mentality again. To me it has nothing to do with the coaching. How bad do the players want to win? The players decide the outcome , not the coach.

I agree, these new kids have to find there hearts, because I have not seen it for years. If you want to get right down to it then you need to pay attention to all the college games not just Husker football. Since Jan 2 1996 every team has stepped up their program, so now they are all on the same level as the Huskers. What we have to do now is take it to the next level, coaches can coach, but it's our boys that have to win the fight. I don't know what some of you were doing that night, but the rest of the nation was watching the domination of a top ranked florida gator team. Since that wonderful night teams across america have got stronger, faster and more mentally prepared then ever before. TO was great, but even he walked away from some big games with a loss, so give Callahan a break rome was not built in a day, besides FS didn't leave him many tools to work with.