Fire Callahan!

Every year the same old sh#t happens. Fire Callahan. This problem started in 2001 when Colorado kicked our ass and then Miami kick it more. The power the N had died from those two games. Ever since then, no one is afraid of the Huskers. Maybe people should go back and watch all the loses from 2002 on and see that nobody is afraid to play the Huskers. The tape doesn't lie. The Huskers need a pissed off mentality again. To me it has nothing to do with the coaching. How bad do the players want to win? The players decide the outcome , not the coach.

I agree, these new kids have to find there hearts, because I have not seen it for years. If you want to get right down to it then you need to pay attention to all the college games not just Husker football. Since Jan 2 1996 every team has stepped up their program, so now they are all on the same level as the Huskers. What we have to do now is take it to the next level, coaches can coach, but it's our boys that have to win the fight. I don't know what some of you were doing that night, but the rest of the nation was watching the domination of a top ranked florida gator team. Since that wonderful night teams across america have got stronger, faster and more mentally prepared then ever before. TO was great, but even he walked away from some big games with a loss, so give Callahan a break rome was not built in a day, besides FS didn't leave him many tools to work with.

Seriously, can we put that excuse to rest now? It's been three g-d years.

I like the direction BC is taking the program and I'm optimistic for the future of the Huskers. I've been following the Huskers for almost 40 years and believed change was necessary. I expected the change to be painful but I felt the program was on the skids. Are we where I'd like to be? No. Am I surprised we're not yet in the top 10? No. But, I see positive signs of improvement. I think getting reactionary and going through coaches like dirty underwear would be disastrous for the program. For all those reasons I'm in for the long haul and I believe the jury is still out.

Well Said

This is ridiculous posting a thread like this just before the season kicks off. The number #1 reason on that site to fire Callahan says it all. It is simply Callahan haters who can't grow up and move on. I Bleed Red keeps on crying about Boise St and apparently doesn't realize that they were a couple of trick plays going wrong from being nobody again this season.

My guess is if there was no fumble against Texas, and the fake punt worked against Auburn, I Bleed Red, and everyone else calling for Callahan's head, would be thinking quite different about the Husker's coach. Anyone calling for Callahan to be fired now is nothing more then a fair weather fan. I say close the hole, sit back, root the Huskers on this year and lets have some fun. Husker fans haven't had this much to look forward to in a while, so why don't we enjoy it.

Man..

This internal bickering was a lot more fun to watch on the Florida Gator site..Mainly because I could just chalk it up to their fans being stupid or classless..Or just more likely to eat their young (like their mascot).

I'm starting to wish I hadn't been kicked off their site..It 's a lot more fun when it's not your own fans.

We're not near as bad as that...yet.

But it'd be nice to find more things to agree with and not be so quick to go looking for polarizing sides to holler at each other.

Cally could have done a better job..Maybe his Raider experience hindered him a little.. I've seen improvement in his play calling, and I expect to see continued improvement as he's able to unleash more of his playbook.

It's a little short sighted to compare Ozzy, Frankie, and Cally on wins/ratings alone.

Sure Oz had some 9 win seasons and couldn't beat Switzer in his 1st 7 attempts..We always were feared and in contention.

Frank had fairly good records and the "Fair play" fan in me would have preferred giving him a decade or two to to win a MNC, but we were getting exposed as a team "not nearly as good as our record"..and his personal off field problems were getting a little embarrassing.

I'm excited again about the upcoming season and I'll be surprised if we don't win 10 this year...But then..I'm expecting Sam to throw 4 TD passes each game.

Nobody answered my question.

Will you still support him if we go 8-4? Remember our schedule is in our favor this year. USC at home, and the North is awful.

Sam Keller is a STUD and he will destroy all the passing marks from Taylor last year. Keller will throw at least 25 TD's. And before BC gets the credit he did that in 7 games at ASU.

HUSKERS IN New Orleans in '08!

Until Coach Callahan proves he can't win a NC or the BXII then I say he gets to keep coaching. My thoughts on this thread is it's all BS. Do like others do and put money into the program and then have a say in what direction is fine. IF all anyone wants to do is come the net and bitch then keep dedhoarse

I'm all for the current regime until there is a change. It's my prerogative.

Until Coach Callahan proves he can't win a NC or the BXII then I say he gets to keep coaching. My thoughts on this thread is it's all BS. Do like others do and put money into the program and then have a say in what direction is fine. IF all anyone wants to do is come the net and bitch then keep dedhoarse

I'm all for the current regime until there is a change. It's my prerogative.

THANK YOU!!!!! :thumbs

I think we are doing better and many of you pointed out TX and OU needing to rebuild. And they had coaches who didn't work. So they looked until they found the right one. I am concerned we don't have the right one. If you consider how quickly the "right" coach can prove themselves.

UT's 7 seasons prior to Mack Brown they had a winning % of 57%. About Callahan's record. Mack Brown took over a team that went 4-7 before he got there. Mack Brown has NEVER won fewer than 9 games in any year at TX.

OU's previous 2 coaches had a 39% winning %. OU got Stoops and he took over a 5-6 program. In year 2 he won the National title. He has won 11 games or more 6 out of 8 seasons.

These examples show it can be done quickly with the right guy in the right program. Also, it proves that a coach can take over a bad program and "other people's players" and adjust and make it work.

The right coach doesn't have 7-10 years anymore. You are talking about TO in the 70's. This is a totally different era guys.

How long is it until he "proves he can't win"? How long should we wait? I think he definitely deserves this year.

Also, I have put plenty of time, money and energy into this program. Regardless of the fact that I am probably more invested than at least 90% of the people here, EVERYONE should be able to voice their opinion on the direction of the team. Not just the largest boosters.

Well it proves 1 thing, it doesn't ALWAYS take time like has been suggested by those who said it did for TX and OU. It only took time when they HAD THE WRONG COACH.

Does anyone realize that each championship since our had been won by a coach who was less than 5 years to the program aside from Mack Brown? And we all know Mack Brown never won fewer than 9 games.

It doesn't take 7-10 years anymore with the right coach.

Yes, I should have said it proves nothing useful. Proving something CAN be done means very little, especially when you happily ignore the circumstances and details.

I CAN throw a ball clear across the basketball court and make it with my eyes closed. Swish, nothing but net. I should play in the NBA, right? I must be the best damn basketball player around.

Ya know I bleed RED too. Won't find a bigger fan out here in Colorado. Well at least not where I live anyway. Can you just put a lid on it and let the season play out for god sake?

We are all supposed to be excited and looking forward to this years team, this years games, this years players. Game 1 is tomorrow. I am excited as hell. My flag is flying as I type this.

What the heck is it that you want really? What exactly is your agenda? You make all these statements but offer no 'solutions'.

I say you need to calm your little ol' self down a bit, sit back, watch this season play out. You might be surprised. As a matter of fact I think you will be because we will win 10-11 games.

I believe, why can't you?