Fire Callahan!

Every year the same old sh#t happens. Fire Callahan. This problem started in 2001 when Colorado kicked our ass and then Miami kick it more. The power the N had died from those two games. Ever since then, no one is afraid of the Huskers. Maybe people should go back and watch all the loses from 2002 on and see that nobody is afraid to play the Huskers. The tape doesn't lie. The Huskers need a pissed off mentality again. To me it has nothing to do with the coaching. How bad do the players want to win? The players decide the outcome , not the coach.

screwed us with Beck how? He recruited a highly touted QB, was it his fault that Beck turned out to be a Whiny Little Byotch alongside Becks MOMMY?

USC last year, while we all have the same attitude about the HUSKERS and Winning last year was a big transition year for us. with Bowman out, trying to go toe to toe with them would have been suicide. However, lets say for a moment we did what you and many others wanted and got crushed 45-10 or worse (which would have happened) our season could have and probably would have gone right down the shitter. I FOR ONE THINK THAT GAME WAS ONE OF THE BEST COACHED GAMES OF THE CALLY ERA.

Tx A&M was just like many other games. We get a lead in the first half and struggle in the second. That is more Taylors fault than anything. Now before you go haywire let me explain. taylor was great for our transition but he was very limited as a QB. Cally couldnt use a large portion of his offense with Taylor. The second halves last year came about as a result of the Defenses saying stop the run, and make Zac beat us which he could not do.

Auburn is it Cally's fault that Congdon could not kick it 40 yards, is it cally out there kicking it.

I love your passion and i am with you that i will not settle for 3-4 losses year in and year out but this is really the first year that Cally has his recruits in place with experience

You are completely wrong. The coach is ultimately the leader and with college kids he can lead them. Please see the examples of better teams above.

Please realize I believe Callahan is a decent coach and has improved the program but he isn't good enough. Do you realize that The University of AZ has a win against a top 10 team each of the last 2 years. That is coaching because they have zero talent. Please look at Callahan's play calling....please.

I would rather lose 45-10 and try to win rather than lose by a close margin, which we didn't. USC covered the spread. Second, the issue was Callahan ran a draw on 3rd down when he wasn't going for it on 4th down. That makes ZERO sense. You should try and throw the ball to get into field goal range. What it gets intercepted? So, you were punting anyway.

And it always amazes me how everyone thinks Beck is the bad guy. Did he ask to play one play against OU and hand off the ball to lose his eligibility. That is why I am mad at the Beck issue, not because he transferred. He ruined his eligibility for 1 play to hand off. At least play the guy some the rest of the year. Terrible decision. Ganz can hand off the ball.

I would rather lose 45-10 and try to win rather than lose by a close margin, which we didn't. USC covered the spread. Second, the issue was Callahan ran a draw on 3rd down when he wasn't going for it on 4th down. That makes ZERO sense. You should try and throw the ball to get into field goal range. What it gets intercepted? So, you were punting anyway.

And it always amazes me how everyone thinks Beck is the bad guy. Did he ask to play one play against OU and hand off the ball to lose his eligibility. That is why I am mad at the Beck issue, not because he transferred. He ruined his eligibility for 1 play to hand off. At least play the guy some the rest of the year. Terrible decision. Ganz can hand off the ball.

For the record I believe Beck completed a pass against KSU which helped win that game. As far as your Callahan takes, they are well, bad

You wouldnt want to lose 45-10 while "trying"as you say if it would then cause 2,3,or4 more losses.

Now i agree if he pulls the same stuff this year then i will be angry, with the talent we have if someone pulls a shanle and doesnt get yanked i will be angry, if bowman is cleared 100 percent and doesnt start i will be angry, if we still struggle in the 3rd Quarter with a big time QB i will be angry but the season hasnt started yet, lets see what happens before jumping to conclusions

Anybody here believe Callahan can take us to a BSC game before 2010? If so, I will bet you $1000. If not, then he should go.

OU was terrible. It took Stoops 3 years.

I hope we go 14-0 and I am wrong. It will be money well spent.

GO HUSKERS!

And I am sorry for having high expectations. It's part of being a winner.

i hope the same thing. I just happen to think differently. I think he can take us there. I hope i am right but like you i could be wrong. If i had to complain about coaching i would target Coz which i guess should fall on cally. I am not sure we can win a BCS game or even go with a Coz coached D

UM sorry to inform you USC did not cover. it was 18 1/2 and I sure as heck was sweating it out when they were stopped short of the goalline on that final USC drive.

WOW! We finally agree. The best Callahan can coach is to lose by 17 pts.

And Arkansas lost to USC by giving up 70 2 years ago and then lost only 1 more through the SEC. Your point on us losing 2,3 or 4 more sux. And with good coaching that wouldn't happen. So I apologize, you were right. Callahan wouldn't have been able to recover.

That is 2 good points we agree on.

Dear Lord, at least wait until the season kicks off to start this crap.

seconded.

thank god the internet as it is now wasn't around back in the mid 70s. we'd have wankmuffins posting "FIREOSBORNENOW.COM" posts because he could never beat the sooners.

they'd have fired him in '76 and lord only knows where husker nation would have been then.

because clearly, Osborne was TEH SUX!!!!1!ZOMG!!!

for the love of Devaney: back away from your freakin' keyboard and calm down before you start demanding billy c.'s head.