Fire Callahan!

This sounds alot like the garbage that took place down here in Austin when Mack Brown took over!!! He just signed a 10 YEAR EXTENSION!!! Give Callahan some time, because if it took Mack 8 years to win in Texas, then it just might take at least that long to win at Nebraska. Don't try to read into that statement as a fair weather Husker fan, because as many in this city can attest, I am as hardcore about the Huskers as humanly possible...BUT I am also realistic and realize that we are coming to recruit in California and Texas and getting USC and UT leftovers, or guys they just weren't interested in. I think after this year plays out, alot of the Husker Nation will see that Callahan is getting it done. For all you Solich disciples, we WILL have a top ten recruiting class, but more importantly a top ten offense!!! Avoiding a couple of key turnovers and this could be a very magical season...I see us going 11-3 at worst!!!! GO BIG RED and let's stop this nonsense about getting rid of Callahan, and give him an extension!!!!

Does anyone here honestly believe that Callahan will make us a consistent top 10 team? We should be top five every couple of years and play in a BCS every other year. I cannot ever imagine Callahan being able to do that. And in my opinion anyone who excepts less forgets too easily WHO WE ARE!

We are to be FEARED and CHAMPIONS!

I am getting sick of the laid back, "Well, we are better than we were with Frank". That isn't good enough. RUTGERS, W. Virginia, Louisville, Cal, Boise St.....need I continue. They didn't have better recruiting classes and they are smoking us. Boise went to a BCS and beat OU. Any more lame excuses?

Boise St?

Sure they went undefeated but for god's sake they play in the WAC. Name one team that they beat that was worth a sh#t other than OU

Rutgers?

a one hit wonder so far from the Big East that only was a respectable confrence because of WV and Miami, and Miami is gone to the ACC

Louisville?

same as above

WV?

ok you can have that on, they have had a decent team for some time now

i bet you will even try and bring up Hawaii after they go 12-0 this year in the WAC and then blame callahan for not being able to keep Leon Jackson at NU

go away troll

I am getting sick of the laid back, "Well, we are better than we were with Frank". That isn't good enough. RUTGERS, W. Virginia, Louisville, Cal, Boise St.....need I continue. They didn't have better recruiting classes and they are smoking us. Boise went to a BCS and beat OU. Any more lame excuses?

Your logic is so out of left field I don't even know where to begin.

1. All of the teams you have listed have never won anything. Really. Woo! Boise State beat OU in a bowl game and all of a sudden they are a model of how a university should organize it's football team. Lame Lame Lame.

2. Smoking us? WTF is that supposed to mean? Have we played any of those teams in recent history? No. Because Boise went to a BCS bowl and beat OU, that means they are oh so much better than your beloved Huskers? How the hell does that work?

That post simply reflects that your little tirade and your cause have no basis except for your flawed perception of college football and how it works. Sure everyone loves a cinderella story, but not one really wants to live it let a lone rely on it. Except maybe you.

Rutgers. Seriously, Rutgers? I am not doubting that they played well last year, but damn dude. Before we start building mosques in honor of them let's see if they can keep it up for a few years.

You want to create a coaching carousel in the North Stadium? Be my guest. That way, we will be sure to see how far in the crapper NU can go.

Since when is being down by 7 in the 4th QTR at USC bad coaching?? Conservative coaching, yes. Did he put us in position to win, yes. Did TURNOVERS kill us, like in most of our LOSSSES, yes.

Callahan didn't turn the ballover, our players did.

What is with all of the bitching and moaning before the season kicks off?? Everyone should be friggin ready to roll and enjoy the season...Damn fake Husker fans try to ruin the whole season.

I say keep Cally around. I like the style of play, I believe they have improved each year under him. I too hoever question if he is a great coach but who said he needs to be. The coaching needs to be done by the assistants in many cases. Personally I've been more impressed with the improvement on the offensive side of the ball than what I've seen on on the defensive side. Defense wins championships. I'm not sure Coz is the guy but then again I still recall the jokes regarding TO and how he could not win the big game. In college football today 9 out of 12 games are big games for any given team. In the old days there was a lot of fluff on the schedule because there were a lot of bad teams. KU was fluff but not many would say they are a door mat for all of NCAA football any more, same for Iowa State and even K-state not that many years ago. College football is more competitive than ever and Cally must produce but personally I think he's got this season and possibly next to do so. A big 12 championship is a must either this year or next. If the chemistry is there this could be a good team. If it is not it could be really bad.

Sigh, Sometimes I hate reading husker fan boards and forums becuase I run across crap like this. It truly makes me sick. Lets run down the facts here.

1. Osborne retires, Names Solich HC

2. Solich cant figure out how to recruit, brings in people like Jammal Lord.(Granted YES Solich did bring in a few of our well known defensive recruits but i dont think those were that hard)

3. Solich gets fired after a "winning" season and as Solich nutswingers would say "He was changing the offense and bringing in throwing QBs" Right, becuase we all know how wonderful Joe Daily and Jammal Lord were...

4. Callahan gets named HC.

5. Callahan COMPLETELY changes to a WCO and has a losing season. (We shouldnt have had a losing season that year, I mean I thought you would do well if you ran a WCO with option players?!?!?!....)

6. People start whining and bitching after Callahans horrible first season OMGWTF.

7. Callahan brings in one of the nations TOP recruiting classes in the nation.

8. We get Zach Taylor and have 2 pretty mediocre years but progress has been gained.

9. Callahan brings in another couple top notch recruiting classes with the likes of Patrick Witt(NFL Prospect anyone?), Niles Paul, Blake Lawrence, and that QB from Missouri?.

10. We start the year ranked #20 and are going to be a dark horse and underdog most of the season which I think will bring out amazing numbers from our offense.(4000 passing yards?)

My point being, the program is getting better. Callahan finally has most of his offensive players in place which is really what he needs. Yes, our QB is a senior transfer but who cares? Have you seen the stable of QBs we have right now? Zac Lee, Patrick Witt, Ganz? I'm not worried one bit about the future. We have receivers like Will Henry(6'5), Chris Brooks, Niles Paul, and others coming back along with an outstanding OLine. I look forward to coming years and fully beleive Callahan can take us to where we need to be. Also, the whole FIRE CALLAHAN stuff is just completely ignorant above itself. Do you think ANY coach is going to want to come coach here if we dont even give them 5-6 years to get something done? The revolving door theory isn't a good one when it comes to coaching.

The fire Cally stuff is too sensational but I did go to the guys web site. I at least partially agree with 3 of his 5 reasons.

I didn't like the way he coached the USC game. It seemed kind of cowardly.

He was terribly outcoached by Stoops in the Big 12 championship game.

I was disappointed by the play calling at the end of the Auburn game.

I still don't think we had to have such a bad record his first year here. If he would have coached the talent he had, and not forceds his offense on them we still could've won the weak B12 North.

I do like the recruiting classes and am not part of the fire Cally crowd yet but if we only win 9 games this year is that all right with most of you?

If we have a 9-5 year this season then next year needs to be a top 10 finish or he needs to go.

I agree with the original psoter in that we should be holding this program to the highest standards. It is why Solich was fired after a 10-3 season (which I was completely in favor of!).