Fire Callahan!

I think many of you are missing the point of my topic. I stated that we MUST win 10 games or we need to fire Bill Callahan. I don't believe he is the right coach based on the decisions he has made and lack of winning a big game. Do you realize we cannot beat a team that finishes in the top 20. That is over the course of 3 years. Yet, teams ranked below us manage to beat us when we are ranked higher than we should have been.

The point of the thread and the website is to remind Husker fans we need to hold any coach to the highest possible standard and we need to make sure BC knows that. For some reason everyone seems to be giving him a free pass on his decision making and lack of winning big games.

I do believe he should be our coach this year but I am making sure that if we don't consistently win 10 games a year then please fire Callahan.

His "let's not lose by too much" and terrible decision making is no longer acceptable.

I agree that we should win 10 or more games but you are missing the point also. He needs time to get his sh#t moving, and this is the first year that he has people in all the skill positions. But yeah, I mean if he wins 9 games again lets fire him, and see what level headed intelligent coach would come here. GTFO

And while you guys slam Zac, he was a VERY decent college QB. He did make some poor decisions, and a better coach I feel would have put him in a better position to make plays.OH AND WHY IS CALLAHAN GIVING UP SOME PLAY CALLING DUTIES THIS YEAR IF HE IS SUCH A GENIUS??

So Zac Taylor winning Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year had nothing to do with Callahan putting him in a situation to make plays?

Also he is NOT giving up any of the playing calling. Read up on the articles about Watson and you will see that he is not calling any plays. He is going to be giving down and distance as well as defensive schemes. NO PLAY CALLING.

I said it before if anyone is slamming Taylor they deserve a :nanalama

Seriously, we should keep him for fear we wouldn't get any good coaches.

Is anyone here ok with us only winnin 8-10 games a year and never winning a championship? I don't think so but it sounds like they are. I am ok with giving him another year but at least we should be critical. Why all the BC apologists?

This is a big year for him. I think unless we win 8 or less games he should get another year BUT NO EXTENSION until he wins 10 games.

I think many of you are missing the point of my topic. I stated that we MUST win 10 games or we need to fire Bill Callahan.

Last year OU and UT were the only Big 12 teams to win 10 games. Should we fire the other 10 coaches? What about the Big 10—only three of them won 10 games. Fire the other seven uh, er, eight coaches? How about the SEC? Do we only keep the three SEC coaches who won 10? What if we had held TO to this standard? I can remember quite a few years under Osborne when we won 9 games.

And in case you didn't notice, we played a pretty tough schedule last year.

I agree Taylor was a very good quarterback. I am upset with those who say Taylor sux and that is why we handed off the ball so much and we were conservative against USC. I think we should have let Zac throw more b/c I believe he had the talent to do so. My other point was BC should have used him MORE against USC and OU in better play calls not just a roll out pass with 2 drag receivers to the short side of the field.

I think BC didn't have enough faith in Zac at times. That was my point. He could have done more in big games. I disagree with people pointing the finger at Taylor.

Oh, so we shouldn't hold ourselves to the Texas, OU, OSU, Michigan, WISCONSIN, LSU, Forida standard? No those other coaches shouldn't get fired. They are at schools with mediocre expectations. I don't ever want to have those other schools ecpectations. DO YOU?

At I said consistently win 10 games, not EVERY YEAR. And TO went 9-3 not 9-5. Realize 10 wins will mean we are 10-4. That will barely make the top 25! Doesn't anyone realize this?

Thank god this moron was not around when TO was having a lot of problems. We most likely would not have the last three NC. He would be working in Ogden, raising mud puppies.

This is the most useless post I have seen in long time. Reminds me of ******* Husker.

Now is the time to be positive. We do not need this nor does the program. Give the man a chance to fail before you condem him. He is doing a great job, the wins will come and these morons will go away. Well maybe, they still seem to be here after 3 years. Who knows.

The man gets at least 6 year period. We gave the midget that much time to destroy it, BC gets that much time to right the ship. But my guess, is within the week the contract extension will be on his desk. Man won't they whine then. Thank god people with inteligence make the choices, and not knee jerk reactionaries.

This is a big year for him. I think unless we win 8 or less games he should get another year BUT NO EXTENSION until he wins 10 games.

How the hell is that supposed to work? He is supposed to work while not getting paid? Unless I am missing something, that's the richest thing I have heard in this whole argument since 2004.

Oh and who is "The MVP Team"?

Quick question:

Has anyone on this board played or coached college football? Perhaps many of you aren't looking at the important subtleties that are showing BC's major flaws.

HUSKERS IN '08 SUGAR BOWL!

Trust me I hope I am wrong and I will pay up my bets and gladly place my face, name and adress on here. I WANT to win. I pray I am wrong.

I think many of you are missing the point of my topic. I stated that we MUST win 10 games or we need to fire Bill Callahan.

Last year OU and UT were the only Big 12 teams to win 10 games. Should we fire the other 10 coaches? What about the Big 10—only three of them won 10 games. Fire the other seven uh, er, eight coaches? How about the SEC? Do we only keep the three SEC coaches who won 10? What if we had held TO to this standard? I can remember quite a few years under Osborne when we won 9 games.

And in case you didn't notice, we played a pretty tough schedule last year.

I'm almost positive when Pud "promised" that NU wouldn't surrender the Big 12 to the likes of OU and Texas that he meant we would be at or above them. So, yes we should be winning at least as many games as them and ranked as high or higher than them. When Pud "promised" we would not allow ourselves to slip to medoicracy, I'm pretty sure he meant we wouldn't lose each and every friggin BC coached year to a 49th ranked or lower team.

I couldn't give two sh#ts and a giggle about what the other 9 schools do in the Big 12 if they don't win 10 games. I could absolutely care less about the Big 10 or any other conference for that matter. Since when does it matter what other schools do? If they jumped off a cliff, would NU jump off the cliff also? Hell no! Schools like NU, Notre Dame, OU, etc. do expect certain things from their football teams. When the man leading the team does not live up to those expectations, they replace him. I will not lower my expectations to that of an Iowa State fan or a Kansas fan. Years like 2002 and 2004 have dulled the pain, but the pain is still there nonetheless.

I have one question that everyone has avoided:

DO YOU IN YOUR HEART BELIEVE THAT BILL CALLAHAN CAN COACH A CONSISTENT TOP 10 TEAM (2 out of 3 years) AND WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?

Everyone keeps saying give him time. I agree but I am saying I think he will let us down and we need to stop making excuses for him and force him to step up.