Fire Callahan!

I have one question that everyone has avoided:

DO YOU IN YOUR HEART BELIEVE THAT BILL CALLAHAN CAN COACH A CONSISTENT TOP 10 TEAM (2 out of 3 years) AND WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?

Everyone keeps saying give him time. I agree but I am saying I think he will let us down and we need to stop making excuses for him and force him to step up.

Yea, I think so. Now you can answer these.

How do you agree on giving him time if you registered pleasefirecallahan.com? Kind of contradictory no?

So, now that it's out of the way, how do you plan on forcing him to step up? A letter writing campaign? Picketing?

Again, you missed the point I made earlier. pleasefirecallahan.com is meant to get Husker fans to get fired up again. We have made enough excuses for BC and now we need to say "No More excuses" This year needs to show more improvement. The site is meant to keep his feet to the fire b/c even if he is making strides he makes a lot of very bad decisions and we could be doind a lot better. It's a place to vent frustrations. It also has a news page and comments page where people can say they disagreee. I didn't say I expect to force him to step up but we need to make it clear on the radio, in the stands and on message boards that we now expect better.

Also, I WANT us to win a championship under BC. But how can anyone "Believe it" just for the sake of believing it. What has he shown us that makes you believe he can win a big game and stop losing to a much lesser foe each year?

I love your passion but it might be mistaken for blinded loyalty. That works for your kids not for NU football. I have loyalty with expectations.

yes!! i think he can consistently put us in the BIG XII Championship game nearly every year. and if we manage to win that 1 or 2 years in a row every 3-4 years, then we will be in a BCS bowl game 6-8 times per decade. and if we lose the CCG, but our team is respected enough (and it will be if we're winning the North year in, year out) then we can be an at large bid almost every year as well.

but just remember, compeition isn't going anywhere! you think texas and aTm aren't trying to get to that level too. or even oklahama st and their $140 million dollar faciltites upgrade? think with your head instead of your heart!! ISU even fired a guy who beat us a couple times cuz they want to be competitive. everyone is trying. we are a fumble and a field goal kicker away from being 11-3 with two top ten upsets!!

notre dame hasn't won jack in 20 years. SC was a wasteland for almost 12 years. OU was on sanctions and had a revolving door of coaches for 7 years!! we are only 10 years removed from a NC and one year removed from a divisional championship. cool your jets. see how the season plays out. we could be 12-2. or we might go 8-4. even my Dad, who played and coached for the 'old regime' says he thinks we ARE headed in the right direction, and he doesn't even like callaha and hates peterson. but facts are facts: our personnel and facilities are better than they were before. now we go out and execute football plays and we WILL be 10-12 wins per year again.

I do live in AZ. I will be out there as usual for a lot of games starting with USC.

I sure like the recruits we’re getting out of Arizona a lot more than the opinions from there—well, yours anyway. Keep those recruits coming this way, and I’m sure you’ll find your way on the bandwagon eventually.

We’re on the eve of the new season. It's football time!! Ease up and take a long, cool swig of Kool-Aid. :lol:

and also, no offense dude...but do you think callahan gets a rats butt if there are sites up to 'keep his feet to the fire'? he knows the pressure. he knows the expectations. his focus is on the team and reaching realistic goals far beyond the scope of what us arm chair coaches even begin to know what's going on in the offices and locker room. he cares about the fans, sure. but he cares for each individual player who sweats and bleeds for him. luckily, us Cornhusker fans aren't going anywhere with our loyalty so he can focus on coaching well and not putting money or behinds in the seats.

I like the direction BC is taking the program and I'm optimistic for the future of the Huskers. I've been following the Huskers for almost 40 years and believed change was necessary. I expected the change to be painful but I felt the program was on the skids. Are we where I'd like to be? No. Am I surprised we're not yet in the top 10? No. But, I see positive signs of improvement. I think getting reactionary and going through coaches like dirty underwear would be disastrous for the program. For all those reasons I'm in for the long haul and I believe the jury is still out.

We will almost never be an at large bid if we lose the BIG 12 championship if we have 2 losses. We are playing in the North and everyone across the country considers it a joke. We had better win it every year right now. The other teams are horrible.

Also, we were 9-5. That is a fact. Let's not speculate on turnovers and misques. Every team can say that. That is one of the worst things to do in sports. Champions don't say things like that. Do you think the Dallas Cowboys "coulda" won the Super Bowl if Romo didn't fumble? Who cares? He DID fumble.

We weren't ever ahead of USC we were just "close" Honestly we never had control of that game. BC messed up the end of the Auburn game, and OU dominated us. You may see it different but ask ANY totally nuetral observer.

WOULD ANYONE WANT TO FIRE BC IF WE GO 8-4 IN THE REGULAR SEASON, DON'T WIN THE NORTH AND LOSE OUR BOWL GAME?