Why doesn't NU recruit speed RB's??

Aren't CJ Gable and James Davis about the same size and speed as Lucky? Per Rivals Gable's HS 40 was 4.6 and Davis was 4.4. Lucky was 4.4 as was Marcus Mendoza.

I don't know about 40 times but I know that Davis's and Gable's football speed is faster than the backs that we get. Plus the footwork and shifting ability. It seems like everytime Marlon Lucky cuts, he loses about 60% of his speed.

Watching Clemson, Cal, USC and they all have success with there speedy home-run hitters. If Nebraska had somebody like C.J. Gable, our offense would be unstoppable. But Callahan seems to be going after these big bodied, power-backs.

See DJ Woods not a rb but a big play guy thats for sure.

That's if he doesn't de-commit.

What???????????????? :wtf

:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

:blink: I can't believe this question was even asked!

Have you seen Lucky in the open field? Against a few teams last year he was 20 yards ahead of people down the field. And this last game...... He played fast as hell, although it be his first time. Give him time, he is FAST. BTW I wouldn't have said that last year. I did think he played tenetively and did not fight for the yards as much as he should have. He just didn't look hungery. With Castille in there he better be. But recruiting backs with speed..... not an issue.

:woo:woo:woo:woo

Watching Clemson, Cal, USC and they all have success with there speedy home-run hitters. If Nebraska had somebody like C.J. Gable, our offense would be unstoppable. But Callahan seems to be going after these big bodied, power-backs.

See DJ Woods not a rb but a big play guy thats for sure.

That's if he doesn't de-commit.

He won't.

FWIW, Coming out of hs (1 year separation) Lucky was ranked higher and ran the 40 faster than C.J. Gable.

2005 Marlon Lucky was #2 in CA (Forty: 4.44 secs) rivals Lucky

2006 C.J. Gable was #3 in CA (Forty: 4.6 secs) rivals Gable

So Lucky is faster, ranked higher, in addition to being bigger and more powerful. :lol:

FWIW, Coming out of hs (1 year separation) Lucky was ranked higher and ran the 40 faster than C.J. Gable.

So Lucky is faster, ranked higher, in addition to being bigger and more powerful. :lol:

Watch games or look at highlights instead of 40-times.

You mean like the game on Saturday?

You know, the one where Marlon rushed for 233 yards?

Yeah, he looked plenty fast.

There were gaping holes all over the place. And Marlon Lucky doesn't start to show his speed until he's in the open field.

Watch a "speed" back like Justin Forsett and how he takes off nearly immediately after the ball is handed off to him. Watch him shift all over the place without losing any speed.

And I'm not dissing Marlon Lucky or any of our backs. I just don't consider Marlon Lucky a "speed" back like Forsett, Gable, or somebody like Darren Sprolles was with KSU. Callahan tends to recruit backs that are NFL prototypes but I think if he added a "speed" back to the mix, it would only upgrade.

There were gaping holes all over the place. And Marlon Lucky doesn't start to show his speed until he's in the open field.

Watch a "speed" back like Justin Forsett and how he takes off nearly immediately after the ball is handed off to him. Watch him shift all over the place without losing any speed.

And I'm not dissing Marlon Lucky or any of our backs. I just don't consider Marlon Lucky a "speed" back like Forsett, Gable, or somebody like Darren Sprolles was with KSU. Callahan tends to recruit backs that are NFL prototypes but I think if he added a "speed" back to the mix, it would only upgrade.

That's why he recruited Helu. And the tendancy with shifty backs is they are smaller and shorter, not ideal in this offense since blocking is such a big need. And looking at Lucky this last game, he didn't need to be shifty, he was patient, let his blocks develop and then hit it hard. It's rare to find a guy who is patient enough to wait for his blocks.