Go Big Red Recipe

Roxy

This recipe is tried and true and it is really good...it is the only way I will make salsa from now on. You can bet I am going to have this on hand when Nebraska plays:) It is a really hot salsa..so if you don't care for hot and spicy food..you may want to use less jalapenos. We love hot and spicy food so I put all of the jalapenos in it. It makes alot..but..we love salsa so it doesn't last long around here. If you are having a big crowd to watch the game...I recommend making this for the game. Go Big Red

Fabulous Salsa Recipe:

6 lbs. Roma (Plum) tomatoes

1/4 lb. Roma (Plum) tomatoes, chopped-I used 4 tomatoes

2 bunches of garlic cloves-the whole thing

1/4 cup real lemon juice-I used juice from 2 lemons

1-1/2 tablespoons salt

1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper

2 bunches of green onions

10 jalapeno peppers-fresh ones

Use your food processor with the "S" blade to chop up the following. Put them in seperate bowls in the refrigerator when you get done doing each one.

Chop:

4 tomatoes

2 bunches of green onions

2 whole garlics-the whole bunch

10 jalapeno peppers-with stems removed

Squeeze lemons to make lemon juice-2 lemons.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Briefly put in the 6 lbs. of tomatoes. Keep the tomatoes in there just until the tomatoes skins start to loosen and set color. Drain the tomatoes and put them in the food processor and crush them.

Mix in a large pot on the stove the following:

4 tomatoes-chopped

Crushed tomatoes-6 lbs.

Minced garlic

1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper

Lemon Juice

Salt

Cayenne Pepper

Whip to desired thickness and bring to a boil. Mix in the green onions and the jalapeno peppers. Continue boiling until the vegetables are soft and the mixture has reached desired consistency. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.

:) I know that feeling well lol I think it is nice to have munchies during a game..and this recipe is great for a crowd. This can be the day before the game..I recommend that..it allows the flavors to blend through. I know I will have it on hand when Nebraska plays for sure:)