Back to the Drawing Board

Washusker

What worries me is that this is the same BC that we've seen for the last three years. This is the guy with whom we are going to the dance, folks.

Does that really make you feel comforted?

In the past Husker fans have called for a 'Red Out' for the big game. This year Husker fans are calling for a 'Black Out' for this weekends game against USC. The game is at night, and with 85,000 fans dressed in black it will make for a really intimidating place to play. Please pass the word! Go Big Red!

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

That sounds great if it will get the defense to finally recognize the blackshirts and...

THROW THEM DAMN BONES!!! Not thrown once in 2 games. Does anyone now if there was a ban on this???? I mean seriously? This bothers me not to see this tradition anymore this year.

Throwing the bones gets deemed 'unsportsmanlike conduct' and pulls a 15 yard dead ball foul.

Not all plays work. Maybe someone doesnt execute, maybe the defense makes a play.

Some people will never be happy. Win and people call doom and gloom. Win big and people moan that it wasnt bigger win, or the defense didnt get a shut out. This isnt 94 and 95. Teams like that are very few and very far between. Even the 94 and 97 teams won ugly games.

Calm down. A win is a win, is a win, is a win. This was a win on the road vs a quality opponent. Take it and be happy. Sure there are some points that need to be fine tuned and adjusted, but that is just football in September.

What worries me is that this is the same BC that we've seen for the last three years. This is the guy with whom we are going to the dance, folks.

In the past Husker fans have called for a 'Red Out' for the big game. This year Husker fans are calling for a 'Black Out' for this weekends game against USC. The game is at night, and with 85,000 fans dressed in black it will make for a really intimidating place to play. Please pass the word! Go Big Red!

Never going to happen so can we let this die already!!!!! I hate those words!!!! "Black Out" :madash

BLACK OUT'S ARE f'ing DUMB. IT'S RED. IT'S ALWAYS RED AND WILL ALWAYS BE RED.

I don't know what think tank comes up with a black out idea for every big game, but they really need to shut it down.

Oh and as for the game, the team just simply didn't play well. There were only a few players that you might say had a good game. Lucky played alright, the corners played OK.

Nebraska is a better team than the Wake game. They have to show that if they want to do well.

The run simply wasn't working for the most part. We ended up having to lean on Keller since our running game got shut down, and he wasn't ready for that, hence the inconsistency.

I think the play calling was fine, with a few notable exceptions. Sure I'd like to see us stick to the run more, but damn, we have 27 yards rushing in the first half...and not for lack of trying. It was pass or nothing.

It was ugly, but at least we won. Last year...we lose that game. Tons of room for improvement, though.

Good point...last year yes we lose this game and also we probably would give up a couple hundred more passing yards against them.

I agree with is as well. Last year we lose that game.

I also agree lots of poor tackling.

The coaches have plenty for the team to work on this week and I think that is a good thing. The team will be focused going into Sat.

I can't believe all of the panic and venom from so many people on this board. We still have a chance to be 4-0 after our non-conference schedule. We'll prbably be 3-1. Many people outside the Husker nation thought we'd be 2-2.

I don't know what think tank comes up with a black out idea for every big game, but they really need to shut it down.

Oh and as for the game, the team just simply didn't play well. There were only a few players that you might say had a good game. Lucky played alright, the corners played OK.

Nebraska is a better team than the Wake game. They have to show that if they want to do well.

Sorry, Dave - didn't catch that. What color is it?

RED DAMNIT!!!!

to be honest, i thought we didnt do too bad. it was more of inconsistency, a few dropped passes, and some poor tackling. our linebackers could've been better with getting off the blocks and getting to the running backs. Keller hasnt looked too confident in the pocket this year. i dunno why, but he doesnt seem to make the best decisions.

i'm happy we got out of there with a win though and i think that we were caught off guard by looking ahead to USC. but now that we have USC, we should be ready. hopefully the tackling gets better and we can have a stellar night with a humongous win that puts us into the top 10.

RED DAMNIT!!!!

Ah. Gotcha. Red. 10-4.

I really don't know what to think about this win. Yes, we just beat the defending ACC champs on their home field, but I can't really be excited.

The O-Line got beat pretty good today. They were dominated in the run-game, and had some crucial breakdowns in the passing game. So much for all the hype. Maybe now they'll quit thinking they are bad-ass and get back to work. They had better do it, because I'm sure the USC front four is currently licking their collective chops.

Keller - yikes. One play he's brilliant, the next he's horrible. WAAAAAY too inconsistent. This scares the crap out of me, because you know USC is going to pressure the hell out of him. He needs to do a much better job protecting the ball. So far, I have little confidence in the guy.

Lucky - he's a gamer. Maybe my favorite player. He was getting no help from the O-Line today, but he still ran hard and protected the ball.

Receivers - Too many dropped balls. Unacceptable.

D-Line - Suh was a monster today, and I liked what I saw from Dixon. It was hard to get pressure on Hodges given Wake's offense, but this unit did ok.

Linebackers - Can we just admit that Dillard should be starting over McKeon? Isn't that painfully obvious? Ruud as well had trouble on the edges. If it were me, I'd be starting Octavien, Dillard, and Brandenburg.

D-Backs - Damn, was it nice to see Bowman get a pick. He's definitely still feeling his way, but he gives me hope. Grixby was huge for us on that #21 (who was the best player on the field). Once we put Grix on him, he was much less effective. And no, that was not a holding call on Grix on the 4th-down play. Murillo is shaky, and I still can't stand Green. Asante was active, but takes bad angles.

Callahan - His play calling and decision-making still SUCK. What he was thinking on the 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 play calls is beyond me. He also gets waaaaay too one-dimensional. He's no offensive genius, if you ask me.

Overall, I thought we were quite fortunate to get the win. We didn't tackle well, we played slow, got pushed around, and made too many mistakes. If this team shows up against USC, we are in big trouble.

You pretty much nailed it IMO. I have kept my mouth shut for three years and have been a BC supporter, but I'm pulling the duck tape off and removing the rose colored glasses.

Simply put BC is a Jack A$$ and anybody that doesn't see that is just plain stupid or doesn't know anything about the game.

Bring on the flak BC boys...............

This is the same thing we were saying when Osborne couldn't win the "big one". Believe and ye shall be rewarded. Things are going to be rocky, but be satisfied with the wins and believe that we are on the way back to the promised land. This I believe, because I am a true Husker fan.

I really don't know what to think about this win. Yes, we just beat the defending ACC champs on their home field, but I can't really be excited.

Callahan - His play calling and decision-making still SUCK. What he was thinking on the 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 play calls is beyond me. He also gets waaaaay too one-dimensional. He's no offensive genius, if you ask me.

Overall, I thought we were quite fortunate to get the win. We didn't tackle well, we played slow, got pushed around, and made too many mistakes. If this team shows up against USC, we are in big trouble.

You pretty much nailed it IMO. I have kept my mouth shut for three years and have been a BC supporter, but I'm pulling the duck tape off and removing the rose colored glasses.

Simply put BC is a Jack A$$ and anybody that doesn't see that is just plain stupid or doesn't know anything about the game.

This is the same thing we were saying when Osborne couldn't win the "big one". Believe and ye shall be rewarded. Things are going to be rocky, but be satisfied with the wins and believe that we are on the way back to the promised land. This I believe, because I am a true Husker fan.

It took Osborne 5 years to beat a top 10 team, and it took him 6 years to win the big 8..........good thing he's gone......... <_<

RED DAMNIT!!!!

I didn't understand...what should I wear? Your dinosaur in the avatar is green...should I wear green? Ahh...Thanks, now I understand, it's a 'Greenout!' ;)

It took Osborne 5 years to beat a top 10 team, and it took him 6 years to win the big 8..........good thing he's gone......... <_<

Uh, not really. He beat #10 UCLA (40-13) in his first game as head coach, and also beat #8 Texas in the Cotton Bowl (19-3) that year. Which means it took him...officially...60 minutes to beat a top ten team. And he beat two his first year.

I am sick of people trying to compare Callahan or anybody else to Osborne. None of them are worthy to run around behind Tom carrying his headset cord. I like Callahan but give him a break. Don't compare him to God. He will always come up short.