??? Bo Pellini

Why don't you give ol' Bo a call and ask him to come back? Yes, he is probably a better DC, but what about the offense. Who would he have brought in as OC? How do we know if the OC wouldn't have sucked? There are just to many ifs that are to speculative and unanswerable to take bring back Bo comments seriously.

Pelini is not coming back. But there are PLENTY of Defensive Coordinators we could pick up that are MUCH more competent than this failed Big-10 Coordinator we have.

Why oh... WHY! did we bring in a DC who couldn't hack it in the Big 10 to try and continue our Blackshirt tradition in the Big 12? Oh, he's friends with Cally. DUH!

Advice to Cally. Have a nice little talk with Cozgroovy and tell him that it's "nothing personal", but you gotta get out of here before the fans have your head.

I don't know if I buy this "Bo Pelini was God" bullsh1t.

I'll admit, before I even get started, that from what I have seen from LSU, they are amazing. Their defense is stellar, they've obviously got it clicking, and Pelini is doing a great job there.

But I actually remember the 2003 season, and it seems like few people do. We only played four teams from our conference with winning records. We were 1-3 against them. Oklahoma State (9-4) was our lone win, and it was the first game of the year. They had no idea what we were going to do, and we took advantage of that. Other than that, Missouri (8-4) handed it to us 41-24 (where were your adjustments there?), Texas (10-3) beat us 31-7 (not much more than speedbumps on defense there either), and K-State (11-4) pounded us 38-9 (another great defensive showing).

Now, I know where you're going to go with this. You're going to tell me that we had poor athletes then because of poor recruiting, and that we have better athletes now, and if Bo were here, we'd be dominating and contending for a National Championship.

I'll concede this: maybe.

But let's just make sure that we're being honest with ourselves: Bo Pelini came in with some fire and some pretty good ideas, and our kids responded positively to him. We amassed a 10-3 record by beating 3 teams with winning records. There's just too much maybe to automatically assume that Pelini is the panacea.

That being said, I think Cosgrove has been given a fair shot, and I'd like to see someone else give it a try next year.

But this is this year. Go Big Red. Big XII North Champions 2007.

dedhoarse

Cosgrove's D doesn't attack. Pellini got more from less. To bad!!! :madash:madash:madash

It isnt a dead horse! Fire his dumb ass and get a capable DC in there. We have the players but dont have a DC that can adjust. Adjustment is the key to a good defense.

Thats BC's buddy he wont be going anywhere and neither will we with this D.

I don't know if I buy this "Bo Pelini was God" bullsh1t.

I'll admit, before I even get started, that from what I have seen from LSU, they are amazing. Their defense is stellar, they've obviously got it clicking, and Pelini is doing a great job there.

But I actually remember the 2003 season, and it seems like few people do. We only played four teams from our conference with winning records. We were 1-3 against them. Oklahoma State (9-4) was our lone win, and it was the first game of the year. They had no idea what we were going to do, and we took advantage of that. Other than that, Missouri (8-4) handed it to us 41-24 (where were your adjustments there?), Texas (10-3) beat us 31-7 (not much more than speedbumps on defense there either), and K-State (11-4) pounded us 38-9 (another great defensive showing).

Now, I know where you're going to go with this. You're going to tell me that we had poor athletes then because of poor recruiting, and that we have better athletes now, and if Bo were here, we'd be dominating and contending for a National Championship.

I'll concede this: maybe.

But let's just make sure that we're being honest with ourselves: Bo Pelini came in with some fire and some pretty good ideas, and our kids responded positively to him. We amassed a 10-3 record by beating 3 teams with winning records. There's just too much maybe to automatically assume that Pelini is the panacea.

That being said, I think Cosgrove has been given a fair shot, and I'd like to see someone else give it a try next year.

But this is this year. Go Big Red. Big XII North Champions 2007.

Great points. Completely agree.

Cosgrove's D doesn't attack. Pellini got more from less. To bad!!! :madash:madash:madash

If memory service me correct.... 8 or 9 of the players Pelini had made NFL squads....

Remember names like - Demorrio Williams, Barrett Ruud, both Bullocks, Fabian Washington

I agree that Pelini is a better coach, brought more energy, and got more out of the players... but at the same time the guy has had talent everywhere he's gone, ie - Oklahoma and LSU

If memory service me correct.... 8 or 9 of the players Pelini had made NFL squads....

Remember names like - Demorrio Williams, Barrett Ruud, both Bullocks, Fabian Washington

I agree that Pelini is a better coach, brought more energy, and got more out of the players... but at the same time the guy has had talent everywhere he's gone, ie - Oklahoma and LSU

And he has won with that talent. What was his worst season, 10-3 NU team?

Hey, I think Bo Pelini is a darn good D-coordinator but this same Bo Pelini was co-D-Coordinator for the OU team that was to be one of the best defenses ever in 2004-2005...oh yeah, they got ripped by USC 55-19 in the BCS title game that year.

Pelini is doing a great job at LSU and it will be interesting to see him go against Florida and potentially USC if the Tigers do end up meeting the Trojans for the title...