??? Bo Pellini

I don't know if I buy this "Bo Pelini was God" bullsh1t.

I'll admit, before I even get started, that from what I have seen from LSU, they are amazing. Their defense is stellar, they've obviously got it clicking, and Pelini is doing a great job there.

But I actually remember the 2003 season, and it seems like few people do. We only played four teams from our conference with winning records. We were 1-3 against them. Oklahoma State (9-4) was our lone win, and it was the first game of the year. They had no idea what we were going to do, and we took advantage of that. Other than that, Missouri (8-4) handed it to us 41-24 (where were your adjustments there?), Texas (10-3) beat us 31-7 (not much more than speedbumps on defense there either), and K-State (11-4) pounded us 38-9 (another great defensive showing).

Now, I know where you're going to go with this. You're going to tell me that we had poor athletes then because of poor recruiting, and that we have better athletes now, and if Bo were here, we'd be dominating and contending for a National Championship.

I'll concede this: maybe.

But let's just make sure that we're being honest with ourselves: Bo Pelini came in with some fire and some pretty good ideas, and our kids responded positively to him. We amassed a 10-3 record by beating 3 teams with winning records. There's just too much maybe to automatically assume that Pelini is the panacea.

That being said, I think Cosgrove has been given a fair shot, and I'd like to see someone else give it a try next year.

But this is this year. Go Big Red. Big XII North Champions 2007.

I will just ask what was Pellini defensive sack and int total that year? Compared to the year before and years after.