Husker in LA...here is my rant

huskerduff

Looks like I have at least another week of hearing about how good the Trojans are.

Unbelievable play by our rush defense. I couldn't believe how poorly we tackled and how nonexistent our D Line was. Our secondary did very good, as Booty had to go to a lot of his 3rd reads when passing, but that doesn't matter when 2 of your backs avg 13 and 17 yds a carry. How is that even possible? Even DeAngelo Evans could have had those numbers with SC's Oline and our tackling.

I am concerned with Cosgrove, again. He seems to be so inconsistent as a coordinator, he'll call great games and be the next McBride most games, but then a game like this happens (ex. OSU last year, and our rush D at Wake). I still know BC is a terrific coach and he will eventually get us to where we should be: He recruits extremely well (remember when Solich's class were ranked in the 30s and 40s?) and has put together a great staff. BC WILL BRING US A CHAMPIONSHIP. Anyone that calls for him to be fired is nuts. Furthermore, Pederson has done his part by making our facilities elite. It will just take more time.

The lucky thing is that nobody in the Big 12 could compete with USC, especially not Mizzou (they've done great against 1-AA and creampuff programs this year) My biggest concern is how we will play on the road. If we are consistent and play to our potential on the road, we will easily win the North and beat Texas.

Thoughts from a Husker in LA......thanx for listening.

The lucky thing is that nobody in the Big 12 could compete with USC, especially not Mizzou (they've done great against 1-AA and creampuff programs this year) My biggest concern is how we will play on the road. If we are consistent and play to our potential on the road, we will easily win the North and beat Texas.

Sorry to point out your ignorance in that Missouri hasn't played any 1-AA teams so far this year. We played a MAC team, just like NU plays next week. Our 1-AA opponent comes next week against Illinois State. :-)

You are correct however about no one in the Big 12 being able to complete with USC (although OU might give them a good game). There is nothing wrong with NU and I'm sure October 6th will be a great game.

oh and mizzo did struggle against the Illini. yeah the north title will be nebraska's no doubt in my mind!

Illini isn't that bad of a team. Zook has got that program headed in the right direction. OU might give USC a run for thier money but only time will tell. Mizzou alway's play's Nebraska tough so it will be a good game. I think Mizzou's D is just as bad as ours.

Looks like I have at least another week of hearing about how good the Trojans are.

Unbelievable play by our rush defense. I couldn't believe how poorly we tackled and how nonexistent our D Line was. Our secondary did very good, as Booty had to go to a lot of his 3rd reads when passing, but that doesn't matter when 2 of your backs avg 13 and 17 yds a carry. How is that even possible? Even DeAngelo Evans could have had those numbers with SC's Oline and our tackling.

I am concerned with Cosgrove, again. He seems to be so inconsistent as a coordinator, he'll call great games and be the next McBride most games, but then a game like this happens (ex. OSU last year, and our rush D at Wake). I still know BC is a terrific coach and he will eventually get us to where we should be: He recruits extremely well (remember when Solich's class were ranked in the 30s and 40s?) and has put together a great staff. BC WILL BRING US A CHAMPIONSHIP. Anyone that calls for him to be fired is nuts. Furthermore, Pederson has done his part by making our facilities elite. It will just take more time.

I agree with a lot of this. USC is just a great team....can't deny it