Why are some people..

MVPujols

Because 4 yrs later we're not ONE BIT BETTER than when Solich was here.

whats your point? honestly? perhaps Solich shouldnt have been fired. what does that have to do with callahan? NOTHING. the only correlation between the 2 is that they were both fired on the same year.

Hmmm...were you around in 2003? Perhaps you weren't, or maybe you've forgotten so we'll take a trip back together. Sounds like fun, huh?

The day after NU's win @ CU, Frank Solich was fired. You remember that, right? That day, our AD (Steve Pedersen) gave a speech, commonly known as the "Black Friday" speech. During this speech, our AD said he refused to let this program "gravitate to mediocrity" and "will not surrender the Big XII to Texas and Oklahoma".

Now, unless I'm missing something, I got the impression that our AD was going to bring someone in that was going to take us to the next level. Well, we're in our 4th year since that happened, and we are still wallowing in mediocrity, and have yet to beat Texas or Oklahoma. The Callahan experiment has been a failure up until this point. Maybe that will change, but is hasn't yet.

Any more questions?

ok so firing solich in your opinion was bad becasue bill has basically done the same thing..... ok. so what do we do then. whine and complain a lot?

So your saying that option left and option right would of tourched the Trojan defense? I don't think so.

Yeah. That's exactly what I'm saying. Wait....no, it's actually not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the Callahan experiment isn't working. I can see how you'd get that confused though, anyone who doesn't like Callahan is obviously in love with Solich and wants to have his baby. You people never friggin' cease to amaze me.

so what do you want to do about it?

As a fan, there's not much I can really do, except voice my displeasure and not spend any money on tix and gear.

ok let me rephrase that... what do you think SHOULD be done. I just made you AD what do you do?

whats your point? honestly? perhaps Solich shouldnt have been fired. what does that have to do with callahan? NOTHING. the only correlation between the 2 is that they were both fired on the same year.

Hmmm...were you around in 2003? Perhaps you weren't, or maybe you've forgotten so we'll take a trip back together. Sounds like fun, huh?

The day after NU's win @ CU, Frank Solich was fired. You remember that, right? That day, our AD (Steve Pedersen) gave a speech, commonly known as the "Black Friday" speech. During this speech, our AD said he refused to let this program "gravitate to mediocrity" and "will not surrender the Big XII to Texas and Oklahoma".

Now, unless I'm missing something, I got the impression that our AD was going to bring someone in that was going to take us to the next level. Well, we're in our 4th year since that happened, and we are still wallowing in mediocrity, and have yet to beat Texas or Oklahoma. The Callahan experiment has been a failure up until this point. Maybe that will change, but is hasn't yet.

Any more questions?

ok so firing solich in your opinion was bad becasue bill has basically done the same thing..... ok. so what do we do then. whine and complain a lot?

No. Firing Solich was fine. Hiring Callahan was fine. Not admitting you made a bad hire and continuing to piss down my leg and tell me it's raining is NOT fine.

Any more questions?

No. Firing Solich was fine. Hiring Callahan was fine. Not admitting you made a bad hire and continuing to piss down my leg and tell me it's raining is NOT fine.

so then your anger is aimed at.......? peterson? or are you just upset that we couldnt just conjure up another version of TO(who in my opininon is one of the top 3 college coaches ever)

So your saying that option left and option right would of tourched the Trojan defense? I don't think so.

Yeah. That's exactly what I'm saying. Wait....no, it's actually not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the Callahan experiment isn't working. I can see how you'd get that confused though, anyone who doesn't like Callahan is obviously in love with Solich and wants to have his baby. You people never friggin' cease to amaze me.

As a fan, there's not much I can really do, except voice my displeasure and not spend any money on tix and gear.

ok let me rephrase that... what do you think SHOULD be done. I just made you AD what do you do?

Ooh, I love a good role playing! As irrelevant as it is, I would let this season play out. Assuming things continued as they have been, I would tell Callahan he has to shake up his staff and simplify certain aspects of his playcalling or he's gone. I'm tired of seeing our QBs constantly running back and forth to the sidelines getting plays and not getting lined up in time to run his stupid motion and read the defense. The new clock rules have just exacerbated that problem. Delay of game penalties (especially at home) are simply unacceptable.

so then your anger is aimed at.......? peterson? or are you just upset that we couldnt just conjure up another version of TO(who in my opininon is one of the top 3 college coaches ever)

Eh, it's spread around pretty evenly. Pedersen for letting his ego make his decisions. Callahan for being stubborn and not being able to better adapt his system to the players he has. Perlman for giving them both contract extensions when they haven't proven ANYTHING.

Ooh, I love a good role playing! As irrelevant as it is, I would let this season play out. Assuming things continued as they have been, I would tell Callahan he has to shake up his staff and simplify certain aspects of his playcalling or he's gone. I'm tired of seeing our QBs constantly running back and forth to the sidelines getting plays and not getting lined up in time to run his stupid motion and read the defense. The new clock rules have just exacerbated that problem. Delay of game penalties (especially at home) are simply unacceptable.

I agree with a lot of your recogmendations. I'm not a Cos fan, and I dont like the delay of games or the Cally calling all of the plays.

that being said, it sounds like you are going down the same road solich went down.

Yeah but wouldn't replacing him end up screwing the whole program up again for another 4 years or so???

Yeah but wouldn't replacing him end up screwing the whole program up again for another 4 years or so???

No I couldnt stand the fans that would complain that the cuboard was bare recruit wise and we have to wait 4 years for the new coach to show that recruiting is better before we could ask him to play against the big boys.

The threads of (Callahan vs new coach) would be another hell. (Not a fan of the Pistol)

Is there a better hire out there than Cally?

Well sure, but it's a crapshoot like anything else. Just FTR, I wasn't against the Callahan hire, I thought he was worth a shot, but I simply don't believe he's going to work out now. Nevertheless what I think doesn't matter, he's going to get more time.