Whatever happened to...

thiems

If you think 4 plays swung that game then there is no clearing your myopia.

There is a lot wrong right now.

As for "sticking together", I spent money on a ticket and plane fare out there. Stop calling out fans for not holding out their end of the bargain (especially when they are) and start calling out the staff and players not living up to thier end.

If you want to call that a fair weather statement fine, but I'll watch every game and cheer, and just be pissed and want changes when the players and staff do not deliver, as is my right.

Nice job talking about everything except but the point. I even said to be upset and complain is the right thing to do if you deem it nescesary. My issue is with the people who left the game early, so save your self righteous "I'm soooo f'ing enlightened" crap for someone who cares. To have "fans" leave a game where you are still competing is such an insult as a player. I don't know if you ever played, but it is incredibly dis-heartening to be a part of. Maybe if you would take your "Steve is Satan" glasses off for just a minute you would see this still boils down to 21 year old kids playing a game that we enjoy watching, and to disrespect them by leaving just because they arent winning is disgusting.

I have the same issue. Fans don't leave a game early, regardless of whether your team is getting blown out or the one blowing out the other team.

As for "sticking together", I spent money on a ticket and plane fare out there. Stop calling out fans for not holding out their end of the bargain (especially when they are) and start calling out the staff and players not living up to thier end.

If you want to call that a fair weather statement fine, but I'll watch every game and cheer, and just be pissed and want changes when the players and staff do not deliver, as is my right.

This is not a personal attack on you but you do have to realize that, if we are to truly call ourselves the greatest fans in college football, we must act like it. Otherwise we're like Big 11 or Pac 10 fans. Leaving early shows a lack of class and character. We can't expect the players to give 100% if the fans don't as well.

Thats a great way to put it. So dont take up a booth in the restaurant anymore. Do like every other fair-weather fan and go next door till they are serving your favorite again. Then you can come back and claim to be a fan..............as long as they keep serving your favorites.

Nice job editing your post and removing the personal attack. And no, I'm not a blind loyalist. If you want to be one, fine. Enjoy the Pedeyocrity Era.

Nice job talking about everything except but the point. I even said to be upset and complain is the right thing to do if you deem it nescesary. My issue is with the people who left the game early, so save your self righteous "I'm soooo f'ing enlightened" crap for someone who cares. To have "fans" leave a game where you are still competing is such an insult as a player. I don't know if you ever played, but it is incredibly dis-heartening to be a part of. Maybe if you would take your "Steve is Satan" glasses off for just a minute you would see this still boils down to 21 year old kids playing a game that we enjoy watching, and to disrespect them by leaving just because they arent winning is disgusting.

Whoa! Who's self-righteous here? Certainly not the person who is deciding that only the people who act like him are real fans, right? No. Never.

I stayed for the whole game, but I didn't blame people who left. It was late, people were drunk, and they wanted to beat most of the drunks onto the streets and out of town. Why not? Why do we owe the program anything? It would be different if they paid us to be there and didn't make millions of dollar from the fans, but they don't and they do.

I should have phrased that differently, we lost because we were out manned and couldnt control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. I was just trying to point out that there were big plays left on the field that would have made it alot closer. Just tryin' to pick some good out of a bunch of crap cause youre right there is alot wrong right now.

As for the fairweather fan statement, I stand by it 100%, Who exactly do you think it applies to if not people who leave a game just cause we are losing? If you read my whole rant you will see that I also said if you want to bitch and complain about the staff and thier performance then yes it is your right, so stop acting like you are being persecuted. My issue is with the people who left while the players we all claim to support are still on the field, its an issue of class and respect.

Thats a great way to put it. So dont take up a booth in the restaurant anymore. Do like every other fair-weather fan and go next door till they are serving your favorite again. Then you can come back and claim to be a fan..............as long as they keep serving your favorites.

Nice job editing your post and removing the personal attack. And no, I'm not a blind loyalist. If you want to be one, fine. Enjoy the Pedeyocrity Era.

Whoa! Who's self-righteous here? Certainly not the person who is deciding that only the people who act like him are real fans, right? No. Never.

I stayed for the whole game, but I didn't blame people who left. It was late, people were drunk, and they wanted to beat most of the drunks onto the streets and out of town. Why not? Why do we owe the program anything? It would be different if they paid us to be there and didn't make millions of dollar from the fans, but they don't and they do.

Its not an issue of acting like me and it certainly isnt about the program or money or being owed anything, its an issue of respect for the players who are still on the field. Maybe you need the point of view of a player like myself and soon my son to understand. My son and I were on a recruiting trip last year to Iowa, they were loosing to Northwestern late in the game and the fans started to leave. It was a pathetic display of support for the players and every kid in our section took notice. If you dont like the way the program is going then do everything you can to get the staff removed, but dont disrespect the players. We as fans are a big selling point for the recruiting staff, if you truely want us to get better then do what you can to help, like stay in the stands till the game is over, otherwise you are just part of the problem.