Honest Question for the Board Members

HuskerBCS

The offense scored 40 points. Most though the air, but 40 points. It isnt an offense problem. The only game with fewer than 30 was the Wake game. The Defense is the reason for the USC loss and the much too close game today. The defense has given up more than 40 in consecutive games. The Offense has been better every season, where as the defense has got worse.

The offense scored 35 pts and had 3.2 yds per rush...don't overstate things.

Cally is the head coach...Dirk Koetter got fired averaging over 32 pts per game....because his defense sucked and and he lost big games. His offense was better than NU but it wasn't good enough. HEAD COACH, not offensive coach. He is ultimately responsible for everything. Read my offense post and you might not brag so much. Keller and recievers did a great job!

Let's not forget we had one dropped ball on a key third down play that absolutely should have been caught, one huge penalty that pushed us back to 2nd and 20, then 3rd and 25 (tough to make for any offense), and Castille fumbled at a key time. They put up 500+ yards against an admittedly poor defense. They're far from perfect and have a lot to work on when it come to the O-line, but they are good and they kept us in this game.

Had our defense played well and stopped Ball St. much, nobody would be complaining about the offense putting up 500+ yards and scoring 35 pts.

Well, we also can't forget that Ball State had about 6 drops, 1 of them being a 38 yd td pass with under a minute left in the game.

That has nothing to do with how the offense played. I'm speaking about the offense, and the offense only. Take your pick about what the defense did wrong. I'm not sure they did anything right.

4 of first 7 posessions were 4 plays or less before we gave them the ball. We only scored on the first and last drives of the first half. Those are concerns. Our passing game did well in the second half but we still went 15 minutes without scoring and that enabled Ball St to go up by 9. We did well but we are not a "good Offense". We have a good passing game.

This is BALL ST. I think we did a good job in the passing game but the offense shouldn't be overstated. They did get outscored. Ball St defense better than ours??? I hope not.

We played the 79th rated team in the country. Our offense is dreadful, we can't run and if we do guess what it is? A handoff to Lucky. Remeber when we used to run the ball it could any one of a dozen things, now it's a handoff to Lucky. When the weather turns cold and we need to run more we won't be able to do it. These coaches have to go. Pederson as well, unless you like how we compete with the 79th rated team in the country. We should be #78, we barely beat a team that even Solich could have hung a 100 on.

What do you expect, honestly? I mean, typically, runs come on handoffs to running backs. Do you expect, oh, I don't know, a pass to Lucky? Oh wait, that would be a pass, not a run.

We ran okay today, and our offense played well. Our offense didn't put more points and we couldn't stick with the running game to get it going thanks to our defense and how we kept getting behind.

If you think Solich could have hung 100 on these guys, it's a case of "the grass is always greener"....there's nothing to support that claim. College football is getting to be a wacky sport these days, and games like this are happening only too much this year. Now, are we going to be like Louisville or Notre Dame and choke up and die? Or are we going to make like Michigan and start knocking off 10th ranked teams in the country. It won't be on coaching, and it won't be a question of talent (unless Chad Henne, Jake Long, and Mike Hart are a bunch of scrubs). This will be a big character test for this team.

The difference for me where I am getting ready to tell Cos to leave is because when this regime took over the offense needed to be retooled it was rock bottom. The defense was already good when they took over and it has been inconsistent at best, if anything it has conitnously declined.

The defense was pretty good under Pelini, and as we all can see, he's not a bad D-coord. It was dreadful in the final years under Bohl.

4 of first 7 posessions were 4 plays or less before we gave them the ball. We only scored on the first and last drives of the first half. Those are concerns. Our passing game did well in the second half but we still went 15 minutes without scoring and that enabled Ball St to go up by 9. We did well but we are not a "good Offense". We have a good passing game.

This is BALL ST. I think we did a good job in the passing game but the offense shouldn't be overstated. They did get outscored. Ball St defense better than ours??? I hope not.

thank goodness for the Ignore Function. Bye bye Pooh-Bear

:bonez

thank goodness for the Ignore Function. Bye bye Pooh-Bear

:bonez

That is such a great rebutal...and he announces that he is ignoring me for stating offensive concers.

Using Lucky out of the back field to catch that middle screen is something I think could be exploited more, also trying to get him off tackle or in a bubble screen might work. I don't think our running game will turn around anytime soon. Let's keep with what works, Keller passing in less than 3 seconds.

I agree with HuskerBCS unfortunately! I wish things aren't the way they are but i'd also take a hard look at Dennis Wagner to be honest if we are going to talk about giving someone the axe! But i also agree Cosgrove needs to go and I've said that from day one! Because of my occupation, i talk to people all over the country and i talk to people in Wisconsin, and every single one of them were glad to see Cosgrove go! They all told me he was simply an average Defensive Coordinator and not someone who has the capacity field a top 10 defense THROUGHOUT the season! He might have us ranked good early on but every year our defense sinks faster than the titanic!

We're not an option team like Navy. When it became a shootout, we started passing. I really think it's that simple. Marlon Lucky had a heck of a game.

But yes, it was really troubling how our o-line couldn't handle their diminutive D-line at times on run blocking, I mean, honestly...it's a good thing our 2008 O-line class is what it is, because even though we've improved on the O-line, we've still got ways to go...

I keep reading post after post stating that we should fire Coz because he cannot coach and our defense is terrible. Then I read other posts that say Cally should not be fired because the Offense is doing really well and we are recruiting well. Im just curious how people can think our offense is really playing well. When I watch the game I see an offense that cannot run the football (see 300+ rushing yards against Nevada and then a COMBO around 300 rushing yards the next 3 games), and an offensive line that doesnt protect the quarterback or run block. Then on defense I see a terrible defensive line and very OVERRATED linebackers. I guess what Im asking is how can people think our offense is playing well when we are completely one demensional. To me they are not much better than the defense and good opposing defenses will show that. Sorry for the rant, just wanna hear what everyone thinks.

The offense does what it's supposed to do... moves the ball and gets points. While I miss a powerful running game, at least they're finding ways to make yards.