Quote from Purify

TheKiD

"They had a right to boo us," said Maurice Purify, who caught the 11-yard pass from Keller that put Nebraska ahead for good. "We weren't playing as good as we should have played. We were close to losing the game."

I glad he understands that the Huskers arn't playing to their potential. Though booing at home is iffy for me, though the play of the defense and the COACHING deserved it.

People are booing because they expect more. I disagree that there is never a reason to boo the Huskers. The defense and Coz earned the boos today. Like I said, our D has given up 1067 yards and 89 points in 2 games. Nebraska fans expect better than this, hell, baylor fans expect better than this. IMO, fans can just sit back and be docile about the poor perfomances, effort, and lack of intensity if they wish to, but I certianly do not blame them for acting up.

I can never boo my Husker's if they're doing bad. All I can do is just watch and pray things turn around.

Yup, same thing I and thousands of other husker fans have been doing for the past three years.. finally it just got ridiculous and we voiced our distaste.

Every week of every season since Cosgrove has been here we've found an excuse as to why this part of the defense looked bad this week and while we'll be better next week... and every offseason we get our hopes up for a revamped defense.. and finally we ran out of excuses. Sure wake forest could have been the early road game jitters and looking past USC. Sure, USC was just better than us. But, wait.. Ball State, we have no excuse... and I think a lot of fans just went into shock and realized that the defense isn't going to get better and were quite pissed off about that realization.

Some people see the booing as being disloyal, some people find it a human reaction. Seems like there's differing opinions as far as the players go.

All though it's kinda funny that a defensive player (Steve-O) is condemning the fans and an Offensive player (Purify) is saying they deserved it.

Think maybe the Offense is as frustrated with the defense as the fans are?

Think the offense is going to start pointing fingers at the defense?

Worst thing that can happen to a team.

Agreed. I think we're at a big character test juncture for the team, and it's how the team as a whole responds to this (everyone - players, coaches, etc) that will define the season. The worst thing for the team to do is start pointing fingers and assigning blame. There's nothing to do but suck it up, work hard, put your nose to the grindstone and get better.