Mike Gundy lectures a news paper columnist

DaveH

...It's really a dishonest sort of thing by him on several levels. First, sports radio down here as well as the football forums have been abuzz for MONTHS about this situation when it comes to the Cowpokes. So it's not like the column exactly had any new info, this stuff had been rumored and gossiped about by OSU fans themselves for weeks. And the word was that Gundy's own coaching staff was leaking some of this material to the media.

Second, this was about much, much more than Gundy "standing up" for one of his players. Give me a break! To believe that you'd have to believe that this was the first time in the history of Oklahoma journalism that a sports writer down here wrote something mean about a college football player. Please. No, it's more about frustration that OSU, despite sugar daddy Boone Pickens new stadium and all that jazz, just can't seem to coach up to its talent. Except for my time in the service, I've lived in Oklahoma all my life. There has not been a year go by that the Cowpokes weren't going to show us Sooners how it was done this time. And when they haven't, it's always somehow been everyone else's fault, not the Cowpoke's themselves. What Gundy was doing, IMHO, was "changing the subject": by going off on that reporter it made him the story, instead of the woeful state of Cowpoke football.

Third, I'm given to understand that Nebraska fans don't have much use for Colorado. Trust me, however bad Colorado fans and program are OSU fans are much worse. When they beat us, which they sometimes do, you've never heard so much arrogance and smack talk. When they lose, which they usually do, it's never that they got outplayed, it's that they got bad calls, the media was against them, it wasn't fair, blah, blah, blah. They also have no class. After the Oregon debacle when just about everyone in the country admitted OU got not one but two bad calls, I attended a charity event. A bunch of OSU fans showed up wearing Oregon ducks hats and turned it into a "hah! hah!" sort of thing. This is par for the course by Cowpoke fans.

Finally, I know that Coach Stoops has expressed some sympathy for Gundy's position, and a lot of Cowpokes are saying "your own coach backs our guy!!!" Well, fine. I'm not defending the column, anyway, and I think Coach Stoops, who I respect quite a bit, is wrong on this one. But what I am saying is that Gundy's rant, in context, was way off base. The situation the reporter wrote about that "set him off" was, by and large, a situation of Gundy's OWN making, and that of his coaching staff. It's not as simple as a coach "standing up" for one of his players.

Thank you for letting me have my say, and good luck to your team in the future (except when you're playing OU :) )

I see what you're saying, JTG (welcome BTW)

But Gundy could have said something crazy like "The worst days as a C'poke is better than the best day as a Scooner" at a pep rally, and I'd still have a lot of respect for him for deflecting some of the public criticism of one of his players..He just saw a good opportunity or just finally had his fill.

One of the things I liked about Switzer.

I got this from an o state board.

take it how you want it.

Carlson: Dont Make Me Mad, I Will Eat You

September 23, 2007

By BigBadBen

STILLWATER – Jenni Carlson stood next to her 1987 Grand Am Saturday night, eating Pork Rinds and Little Debbie snack cakes, while arguing with herself about the benefits of mayonnaise.

It would’ve been normal post game activity but for one thing.

Her editor, Mike Sherman, was dipping her pork rinds in gravy and shoveling them in her gullet.

Which brings us to the sports writer switch-a-roo at the Daily Joke-lahoman.

Don’t see the connection?

Let me explain. The management has gone full speed ahead with the Andrea Assault, opting to put Cohen on the beat and have Carlson write meaningless fluff pieces. Weren’t we led to believe that Jenni, although clueless about sports, was going to be the next great hard hitting sports reporter at the Gaylord Rag? All the stories about actual sporting events have shifted to Cohen.

The changed seemed sudden.

Thing is, it may not be as abrupt as it looks. If you believe the rumors and ramblings, Carlson has been pushing management that way for quite some time.

Tile up the back stories told on the sly over the past few years, and you see a pattern that is as ugly as Jenni herself.

Word is that management wanted to fire her as early as 2005. Jenni’s talent was obviously lacking and the fact that she had absolutely no clue about sports shown through in her pathetic attempt at writing articles. She threatened to sue for sexual discrimination if she was let go, so the spineless management buckled.

Jenni’s disgusting appearance has also been an issue. Interview subject have been known to run from Carlson at a full sprint when they meet her.

“Her face looks like my ass, with eyes” a former interviewee stated “I ran like hell to get away. She looked hungry and to her, I looked like roast beef.”

Another unidentified interviewee said “I have never seen a woman perspire and belch like that. She looked glazed, and reeked of eggs and sour kraut. It made me want to puke.”

A lot of folks suffer from body odor, and uncontrollable gas. Most seek help. Carlson seems to enjoy being offensive. She treats it as her calling card. “People hate me anyway, why should I care about hygiene? I want them to remember my interview. Whatever it takes.”

Now enter Andrea Cohen. A breath of fresh air. A reporter who actually knows something about the sport in which she is covering. What a novel concept.

Granted, she obviously isn’t very good or she would be working somewhere other than the Daily Wipe.

“Management made the decision”, Carlson stated, while filling her plate with mashed potatoes at Golden Corral, “I offered sexual favors to keep my gig, but I had no takers. Oh, is that fried bologna? Mmmmmmmmmm. Fried Balogna! Uhuhuhuhuhuh”

There is something to be said for not sleeping your way to the top. But attempting to and failing just makes you look pathetic. Does she even try to make her self attractive to the opposite sex?

Or does she want to be a troll, and eat gravy covered pork rinds till she pops?

That scene in the parking lot last night had no bearing on the Daily Joke changing writers, and yet is said so much about Carlson. A fat slob being fed by her boss in public? Most women, eat like a bird in public. Jenni wants to catch that bird, kill it, deep fry it & eat it with a block of cheese.

Carlson is the least talented writer in the Oklahoma, but somehow still has a job. If you listen to the rumblings and rumors, subscribers are growing weary of it. But, those ignorant enough to actually subscribe to the rag, deserve Jenni.

Who knows, there may come a day when the Daily Disappointment grows tired of Carlson’s nonsense, but for now they seem to be too scared of a lawsuit to fire her. Or they may be scared that she will go on a rampage and eat the entire staff.

--------------------

...Jenni’s disgusting appearance has also been an issue. Interview subject have been known to run from Carlson at a full sprint when they meet her.

“Her face looks like my ass, with eyes” a former interviewee stated “I ran like hell to get away. She looked hungry and to her, I looked like roast beef.”

Another unidentified interviewee said “I have never seen a woman perspire and belch like that. She looked glazed, and reeked of eggs and sour kraut. It made me want to puke.”

A lot of folks suffer from body odor, and uncontrollable gas. Most seek help. Carlson seems to enjoy being offensive. She treats it as her calling card. “People hate me anyway, why should I care about hygiene? I want them to remember my interview. Whatever it takes.”

Dang it, HSKRNOKC... Ya Made me look <_<

story_mug_jcarlson.jpg

I don't know about the rest of the parents on this board but I would gladly send my sons to play for a coach like that any day of the week!

My boys were lucky to have had a wrestling coach like that! He stuck up for the wrestlers, no matter what! If it meant the refs or other coaches or parents. When he talked about a match, he always said, "We should have been more aggresive, or "We gave up too many points, etc. He would scream at the wrestlers and then hug them and tell them how proud he was of them. My sons still look up to and respect him to this day! I couldn't have asked for a better man to coach my boys! I hope the parents feel that way about Gundy!