MIcrosoft outlook ???'s

In your email accouts set up choose your email if there is more than one. If not just go straight to the more options. Make sure the box is checked next to the line " this requires authenticity". or whatever it says. sometimes if it is not checked you won't get any incoming emails. Even if the test passes. Try that.

Another thing to look at is whether your ISP has instituted any new filters (spam, viruses, etc.). If you have the capability from your ISP, connect to your account via a web browser and see if there are any emails even in your Inbox. If not, check the Junk folder (or whatever it may be called - not every ISP provides one) and see if emails are in there. If you don't have any emails in your Inbox, or if they are all in the Junk folder (or possibly the Trash folder), there is a very good chance that your ISP's filtering is stopping them - you'll need to contact your ISP to resolve it.

Have you installed any new software recently, or made any changes to your computer?

Have you checked Outlook's Junk folder? Are the emails there? If so, then more than likely there is some configuration change needed in your anti-virus/anti-spam software on your computer.

Those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head.

You could try testing your outbound and inbound servers, assuming you have a POP3 server. Under the “Tools” drop down menu select “Options”, then select the tab “Mail Setup”, then select the button “E-mail Accounts”, then check “view or change existing accounts” and hit “Next” button. This will get you to a window with a section labeled “Account Settings” and a lot of different parameters. Hit the “Test Account Settings” button to test your outbound and inbound servers and other things. I am not a computer geek, but sometimes I can fiddle around here to fix a problem. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah. Sometimes MS Outlook just sucks.

You could try testing your outbound and inbound servers, assuming you have a POP3 server. Under the “Tools” drop down menu select “Options”, then select the tab “Mail Setup”, then select the button “E-mail Accounts”, then check “view or change existing accounts” and hit “Next” button. This will get you to a window with a section labeled “Account Settings” and a lot of different parameters. Hit the “Test Account Settings” button to test your outbound and inbound servers and other things. I am not a computer geek, but sometimes I can fiddle around here to fix a problem. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah. Sometimes MS Outlook just sucks.

av-2108.jpg=Nick_Burns.jpg

yeah test your settings.

also if you can do the browser check that AR suggested (going to a site like mail2web.com and logging into your e-mail there)...you might find a very large file in the account.

Try this (at least this is the commands for Express...I don't know off the top of my head what it is in regular Outlook)

Go to Tools-->Accounts

Double click your account and go to Advanced

Check under Delivery to see if "Leave message on server" is checkmarked. If it is, is there also other check marks below that about when it's allowed to remove the files from the server?

Some servers will suspend your account for a bit if you go above their maximum size limit for an e-mail account. And this can happen if you have elected to save all e-mails to the server. This is a pretty common mistake (one I've done). I had to contact Earthlink and they told me that I need to tell MSOutlook to stop saving mails to the server otherwise I would continue going over their limit.

Go to mail2web.com and click on Advanced. You'll want to type your mail server name for the incoming side...this can be found in your account options in Outlook if you don't remember it. Then type e-mail address and password. Then click on POP3. This should let you log into your e-mail address and see what files are on the server. I personally suggest deleting all of them and never saving to the server...unless you need to access your account from multiple computers.

HTH