Venables Rumor?

at this point I highly doubt it. Is he co-defensive coordinator at OU? I think one could argue that going from OU's co-def cord. to NU's head def. cord. would be a step down rather than up.

I wouldn't complain though if he came to Nebraska...OU has had some decent D's in the past. I'm sure we would be better than 77th in the nation against the run or whatever we're currently at.

at this point I highly doubt it. Is he co-defensive coordinator at OU? I think one could argue that going from OU's co-def cord. to NU's head def. cord. would be a step down rather than up.

I wouldn't complain though if he came to Nebraska...OU has had some decent D's in the past. I'm sure we would be better than 77th in the nation against the run or whatever we're currently at.

I disagree. He would have the top spot and have more control. JMO

I was also told that Venables was a coach at NU awhile back( or a low ranking asst.) I dont recall him ever being at NU and I've been watchin the sker's for 35 years now. If Venables was to come here, what better person to scheme against his cousin Bob? ( I think their related?)

God bless Tom Osborne! GBR!!!!!!!! :bonez

I think one could argue that going from OU's co-def cord. to NU's head def. cord. would be a step down rather than up.

disagree because stoops is the the defensive play caller at oklahoma. if this venables (?) does come to nebraska, he would be given quite a bit of leeway with defense.

brent_venables_105.jpg

he looks like parker lewis, tho.

I was also told that Venables was a coach at NU awhile back( or a low ranking asst.) I dont recall him ever being at NU and I've been watchin the sker's for 35 years now. If Venables was to come here, what better person to scheme against his cousin Bob? ( I think their related?)

http://soonersports.com/school-bio/brent_venables.html

the guy looks capable and knows how to run a defense.

http://soonersports.com/school-bio/brent_venables.html

the guy looks capable and knows how to run a defense.

I'd be happy with that. Only question is if BC has the stones to can his friend.

Trying to figure out what kind of person (other then tuff tiger) would make that kind of argument?