The True meaning of Parity

Definition of Parity-Being outcoached/outplayed by an opponent with inferior talent.

I don't believe in parity. If you look at the major upsets this year, they happened mostly because of bad coaching/mistakes on the part of the favored team.

OU/CU-OU muffs a punt return.

Stanford/USC-USC plays sloppy giving up 5 turnovers.

Mich/App St.-Mich has a chance to win, but can't block the D-line on a field goal try.

If you can't be at least competitive with 85 friggin' scholarships, then you need to be coaching intramurals....

"Keller: (Paraphrased) "Everything went wrong. They came out and played better than us and with more intensity. I take all the blame. We have to be men and move on. I played horrible. I've never had that happen to me before. I don't know why I couldn't get anything going. I didn't do anything to help us when we needed a big play. We can't fall apart, it's a long season.""

He should be blamed partically along with Cally!

You know it's bad when Stanford can upset USC in it's first year with a new coach while we are getting killed in year 4.

Plus it was that Qb's for Stanford's first start ever!

I'll say this again! I love my Huskers, but this is getting down right pathetic!! It seems like every game we have played this year has down right been terrible!! I think its time to take out the senoir Keller!!! Or atleast try someone else like Davis or even Gains again!! I understand that Keller maybe good to some but when he is over throwing or even under throwing passes by 5 to 10 yds to his receivers and throwing atleast 1 interception every game, we aren't going to win games!!! We need to put his starting job on the line like they have done on other teams in the NCAA and even in the NFL, it would be a start..Heck we might actually play better!

Tom Osbourne & The late Devany has to be ashamed at what we have become!!! There HAS to be a change made!!

"Keller: (Paraphrased) "Everything went wrong. They came out and played better than us and with more intensity. I take all the blame. We have to be men and move on. I played horrible. I've never had that happen to me before. I don't know why I couldn't get anything going. I didn't do anything to help us when we needed a big play. We can't fall apart, it's a long season.""

He should be blamed partically along with Cally!

You know it's bad when Stanford can upset USC in it's first year with a new coach while we are getting killed in year 4.

Plus it was that Qb's for Stanford's first start ever!

I'll say this again! I love my Huskers, but this is getting down right pathetic!! It seems like every game we have played this year has down right been terrible!! I think its time to take out the senoir Keller!!! Or atleast try someone else like Davis or even Gains again!! I understand that Keller maybe good to some but when he is over throwing or even under throwing passes by 5 to 10 yds to his receivers and throwing atleast 1 interception every game, we aren't going to win games!!! We need to put his starting job on the line like they have done on other teams in the NCAA and even in the NFL, it would be a start..Heck we might actually play better!

Tom Osbourne & The late Devany has to be ashamed at what we have become!!! There HAS to be a change made!!

I don't put this loss on keller. I put it on the dc and the hc. How many times did bc go deep. I've been hearing how this damn wc O would put points on the board.

Parity is not meant to suggest all these schools are consistently capable of playing at the same level as the top teams. It means the overall level of college football/athletes is improving, and many teams now have decent rosters that allow them to compete with top teams in a game should two things happen:

1.) The top team screws the pooch and plays poorly.

2.) The underdog plays above their typical level.

It used to be many of these teams were just absolutely pathetic, and even if they played well and the powerhouse team played poorly, the top team would win without a real scare. For many of these teams, their athletes are now decent and they're capable of putting together a big win with a healthy amount of luck.

I do agree, though, that coaching also plays a role.