WR Nyan Boateng

Benard

Here is a reply on a previous post about Nyan

Boateng coming?

NU basketball signees Will Harris and Jamel White, former teammates of Nyan Boateng, said they expect to play again with the two-sport star out of Brooklyn, N.Y.

"He's coming," White said. "Nebraska's his first choice right now."

Boateng, the nation's No. 12-rated receiver, according to rivals.com, has remained quiet about his plans since an Oct. 1 visit to NU. Expect to hear his announcement on NBC Jan. 15 during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

• 2 weeks later...

Sean Callahan of Rivals said that Coach Cos. was over at his house this weekend, and b/f he got to his house Jay Z was there. This kid is going to tear it up on the field and on the court. I cant wait until the Army All-Star game when he commits to Husker Nation.

Peace

• 2 weeks later...

this is the latest article that i could find on Nyan

Will Harris and Jamel White, both are friends are of Boateng. Long-time friends, actually, the trio growing up and of course, playing basketball together. That’s icing, however, as Boateng looks at them being at Nebraska as attractive, but when he sees the Huskers, neither White or Harris are anywhere in the picture. “Coach Callahan is a big reason why I like them so much.” Boateng said. “I like his offense, but I also like that recruiting class they have going.”

“When you see players like that coming in, you know they are building something down there.”

The potential is what Boateng sees, but it also has to do with what he’s seen at NU already. Having made an official to see the Huskers in an actual game, he’s looking at Lincoln as ready for success. “They’ve got all that stuff other teams have like the facilities, coaches and whatever.” Nyan said. “They are just trying to get in the players to make it work.”

Part of all those things and perhaps everything put together is what Nyan says puts Nebraska as his leader right now. And, the Huskers are then followed by Michigan and then by the Maryland Terrapins.

You can find the whole story here http://nebraska.scout.com/2/327400.html

Thank you Nebr Bob good post my heart beat is back to normal :)

Thanks Nebr. Bob.... Feeling a little better aobut Boateng.. I am still concerned that he is traveling to the Rose Bowl to watch Michigan (Roz from Husker Ill.), and that Florida has become a heavy player in the mix, according to Roz's report on Sport's Nightly.......Welcome to the board KC Husker... I am a board member for only a couple of days...The board veterans are good, let's see if we can bring anything to the table.

Did he even go to the Rose Bowl or was that bull crap?

Yep, he went, had a good time. Michigan apparently doesn't want him playing basketball, though. And I don't like the fact that Florida is in the picture, especially the way Utah looked in their bowl game.

My opinion is that since Boateng's buddies are coming here to play basketball that he'll be here too, and I think we have a good chance at getting Chris Brooks away from Mizzou as well. I'd still like to get LaFell, though.

heres some news from BRR...looks like hes a gator!

Brooklyn (N.Y.) wide receiver Nyan Boateng (6-3, 190, 4.45, Scout.com's #14 WR, 4 stars) now says Florida (1/7 official trip) leads big over Nebraska (10/2), Michigan and Michigan State (11/5).

"There's like a 90% chance that I'm going to commit to Florida," says Boateng, from Abraham Lincoln.