List of replacements for Callahan

this is for your list for next hc here, if callahan does indeed get fired.

pelini isn't coming back, so be realistic.

my list =

turner gill (although he may be bitter with pederson)

josh mcdaniels, oc of new england (may be too young-31 years old)

norm chow (would jump on being a hc somewhere, even in college)

jim leavett of usf (although if they make the bcs, they will have enough to pay him)

gregg williams, redskins dc (would be great in college, ala pete carroll)

rick neushisal (would LOVE to get revenge on colorado, wants to be a hc again, and loves college game)

anyone you want to add?

my list =

jim leavett of usf (although if they make the bcs, they will have enough to pay him)

rick neushisal (would LOVE to get revenge on colorado, wants to be a hc again, and loves college game)

anyone you want to add?

What about Al Saunders redskins oc has had success with stl and kc in the nfl love the offense that he runs but we would need a great dc becuse with that offense the defense is on the field a lot

my list =

anyone you want to add?

What about Al Saunders redskins oc has had success with stl and kc in the nfl love the offense that he runs but we would need a great dc becuse with that offense the defense is on the field a lot

he's already said no to pederson once before, what makes you think he's going to change his mind?

my list =

anyone you want to add?

Saunders is getting up there in age and probably wouldn't leave the NFL. And Neushisal, are you serious?? He's done sh#t since leaving Colorado (and was a cheater there). And I'd also be against Turner Gill, just don't think he'd be a good coach in a major conference.

I say all of that and have no real replacement in mind. Just a coach who shows passion on the sidelines and who'll bench a player that gets 2 back-to-back penalties.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Turner Gill is the right guy. Is it because he's a former Husker? Meh.

My top three are:

Brian Kelly - HC - Cincy

Will Muschamp - DC - Auburn

Chris Peterson - HC - Boise State

Agreed... I think Turner Gill is not the right choice, yes he is doing a good job at Buffalo, but come on that is totally different football. The only reason anyone wants him is because he used to be here. If people are going to use that reasoning, Craig Bohl should be on everyone's list as well.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Turner Gill is the right guy. Is it because he's a former Husker? Meh.

My top three are:

Brian Kelly - HC - Cincy

i like will muschamp. he has saved tuberville's backside for the last three years.

peterson has too much money coming in

i'm not sold on brian kelly yet. he got a lot of good players from d'antonio. we'll see on him in about three years.

the reason i picked neuheisel is that he's a good offensive mind, gets the tradition of nebraska football, and can actually recruit well.

yes, he f-ed up with the basketball pool. hopefully he would have learned by now.

another couple of names....

joker phillps (kentucky genius that has taken that offense from doormat to studs)

jimbo fischer (another great coach that has learned from greats)

My top three are:

Brian Kelly - HC - Cincy

i like will muschamp. he has saved tuberville's backside for the last three years.

peterson has too much money coming in

i'm not sold on brian kelly yet. he got a lot of good players from d'antonio. we'll see on him in about three years.

the reason i picked neuheisel is that he's a good offensive mind, gets the tradition of nebraska football, and can actually recruit well.

yes, he f-ed up with the basketball pool. hopefully he would have learned by now.

another couple of names....

joker phillps (kentucky genius that has taken that offense from doormat to studs)

jimbo fischer (another great coach that has learned from greats)

No offensei, but the last charleton we got with a good offensive mind and can actually recruit well hasn't turned out so well. I say go fishing for another suggestion other than Nudeheisel. For me, it's a lot easier to come up with a list of people that I don't want than it is for a list of ones I do want. I don't watch enough other college teams or pro teams to have an educated list put together.