List of replacements for Callahan

i dont have a list of names but why do people keep throwing out the names of coaches who have been in the nfl for twenty years or more and who have turned down NFL $$$$$ because they're done coaching???

(cowher, parcells, schottenheimer) None of whom have any ties with the university whatsoever.

None of them would work here either. Cowher not done coaching but the money hell get in the pros will be around 6 million.

this is for your list for next hc here, if callahan does indeed get fired.

pelini isn't coming back, so be realistic.

my list =

turner gill (although he may be bitter with pederson)

josh mcdaniels, oc of new england (may be too young-31 years old)

norm chow (would jump on being a hc somewhere, even in college)

jim leavett of usf (although if they make the bcs, they will have enough to pay him)

gregg williams, redskins dc (would be great in college, ala pete carroll)

rick neushisal (would LOVE to get revenge on colorado, wants to be a hc again, and loves college game)

anyone you want to add?

Rick Neuhisal... Hell NO!!! he might be an Ok OC, but not the head caoch of Nebraska.

I would go with these three (in order)!

1. Bo Pelini

2. Jim Leavett

3. Norm Chow

Bo is the best motivator out there... I would hope he would keep Watson for OC and Wyatt as DC.

Jim could just bring his entire staff for the most part

Norm Chow is more than ready to be the HC somewhere.

I don't know spefically, but I want a defensive guy, and just runs a simple offense and an aggresive defense.

Jim leavitt from south florida is a defensive minded guy with ties to big twelve schools. He has done an amazing job at usf. The more i learn about this guy, the more i like him.

I think that if Pederson was gone or swallowed his pride and offered Pelini a big contract Bo would be willing to come back. I think he is the best defensive mind out there and he is firey and will get teh kids to play. He did in the bowl game against Mich. St. when the kids could have folded after there coach just got canned. Pelini is my top pick for sure. He just needs a chance at a head coaching job!

Also, Leavitt would maybe bring Dan McCarney with him and McCarney is a guy I think is suited for the DC position and not a head coach. He's done well as DC before.

Just come thoughts. anyone agree?

I don't know spefically, but I want a defensive guy, and just runs a simple offense and an aggresive defense.

His name would be Marty.

Hope not. Was happy when he was at KC that way I knew my Chiefs buddies were never going to get to the superbowl. :)

THAT is very true. But I guarantee he wouldn't let us get embarrased anymore. We would just lose in the Big XII Championship EVERY year lol.

My top 4:

Bob Stoops

Pete Caroll

Nick Sabin

Urban Meyer

Just double their current salary, and they will come. Every man has a price, and if the money is there, they will come. If you want the program to get back to national championship level, why mess around? get yourself a national championship caliber couch.

I like my couch the way it is :)

I think you have to give up on Levitt. I go to USF and there is no way with the program going the way it is he leaves. This is his program, his legacy, and if he were to ever leave it would not be now. Also he has already had multiple offers/interest shown earlier before his team was this successful and he didn't take them then theres very little chance he will take them now.

But I do think you go the Jim Levitt direction. You get a successful DC that has potential and you let him go to work. Thats why I like Muschamp from Auburn a lot. Pelini would have been great also but that looks extremely unrealistic.

Realistically how can they fire BC and then afford to pay for two HC's and a new staff???

If I was a rich booster I would pay BC's contract if they hired a new coach!!!!!

it's been said...over and over and over and over and over....

if the money is needed to buy out the coaching staff and administration, the money is there...

Sokol, Hawks, Buffet....whoever...