Callahan calls OU fans "f***ng hillbillies!"

HuskerBob

To all of you who think we have the most class and best fans need to really go back about a decade. I was a student back then and was appalled at how we treated the CU fans during the night game. The student section for some reason that year was above the opposing fans. Hefty bags were filled with urine and thrown down upon the CU fans. The only saving grace was that it was raining to kind of water it down, but it was disgraceful to say the least. I don't know how you guys can say we have the all the class in the world and those who beat us have none.

We may have the most loyal following in the country but to say we have the best class is just wrong. Every team has those fans who just get stupid during an intense rivalry. We at NU have them also, so don't play it off like we don't. Have you ever walked around in the parking lot after a CU game when the game is in Lincoln? I mean seriously cars keyed, windows broken, cars waxed, etc. Is this class? I think maybe the feelings of NU fans, coaches, etc. are just a little tender these days considering how things have gone. It's time we NU fans begin calling a spade a spade. We are not the God almighty some of you portray us to be just like OU isn't full of saints nor is CU or KSU.

I would agree that no matter where you go, aholes will always be there. Most of the time they are students and that's where most of the shenannigans come from, no matter where you go. Other times they are people who have had a little too much to drink.

If you ignore those people, the rest of the fans are pleasant at most any college. When I was at the Iowa State game this year, there was a guy behind me that had obviously been drinking....a lot. He yelled some things, mostly idle BS. The guys he was with seemed cool enough. I almost said something, but like you said it isn't like we don't have our share of drunken idiots, or just plain idiots, at NU home games.

It's def. true, callahan said it. He admitted to it today. Just read an article on espn about it.  Tell me again why didn't hire bo? Because he was to firey? Give me a break.

Running after the other teams coach and using every word in the book to make a point is one thing. Calling some fans f'in hillbillies although funny a coach should know better.

I personally I have more respect for bo by running after snyder to tell him that he is going to stick up for his and not put up with that sh!t compared to being a dipstick and calling fans f-in hillbillies. my god.

It's def. true, callahan said it. He admitted to it today. Just read an article on espn about it.  Tell me again why didn't hire bo? Because he was to firey? Give me a break.

Running after the other teams coach and using every word in the book to make a point is one thing. Calling some fans f'in hillbillies although funny a coach should know better.

I personally I have more respect for bo by running after snyder to tell him that he is going to stick up for his and not put up with that sh!t compared to being a dipstick and calling fans f-in hillbillies. my god.

Like I've said before did Super Bo say anything to Stoops for the Kansas game and the Nebraska game. He was a part of the exact samething he complained about last year. "That's not how I play the game." I believe that is what he said.

Agreed. Weather you're a player, coach, or ref...everyone knows you don't respond to fans. Especially with the f-bomb.

Agreed. Weather you're a player, coach, or ref...everyone knows you don't respond to fans. Especially with the f-bomb.

You also don't run after the other coach because he smacked the tar out of you. IMO

I personally I have more respect for bo by running after snyder to tell him that he is going to stick up for his and not put up with that sh!t

I completely disagree. It was things like that that kept Pelini from being head coach. Yeah, he is fiery, but if you want to be a head coach, you need to express some self control. I am not condoning what Callahan did, he should have known better, especially with all those crazy fans in Oakland that he dealt with.

I was not for Pelini,Callahan,or Nutt. You fire a coach that improved from 7-7 to 10-3 you better have some Ace in your sleeve and some kind of direction. Pederson had neither. The only cards Pederson ended up playing were a deuce(Nutt) and a Joker(Callahan).Again I say, you fire a guy for improving by 3 wins and a 10 win season you better have that Ace of Spades like the Return of Tom Osborne or Steve Spurrier !!! For any to defend Pederson with a straight face you have to be in dire need of a shrink or your a chronic liar who is lying to yourself that Pederson is good for this university.

The only cards Pederson ended up playing were a deuce(Nutt) and a Joker(Callahan).

most card games I play that use a joker, its a good thing to have. It's a point in Pitch, it kicks ass in War, generally a good thing to have when you use them in poker too. So I'm not so sure that your arguement holds water here. :waste

I was not for Pelini,Callahan,or Nutt. You fire a coach that improved from 7-7 to 10-3 you better have some Ace in your sleeve and some kind of direction. Pederson had neither. The only cards Pederson ended up playing were a deuce(Nutt) and a Joker(Callahan).Again I say, you fire a guy for improving by 3 wins and a 10 win season you better have that Ace of Spades like the Return of Tom Osborne or Steve Spurrier !!! For any to defend Pederson with a straight face you have to be in dire need of a shrink or your a chronic liar who is lying to yourself that Pederson is good for this university.

Do you ever talk about anything besides Solich getting let go? I hate to break this to you, but nothing you can say can bring him back and NO ONE CARES!

First off, rocket if you were paying attention I was making refernce to spades in which the Joker holds no value at all. As for you,D, I will tell you and others this one more time..I created Solich needed as a dig at our current selected staff. I believe eventually Solich would have had to be let go but the point is why let him go when hes 10-3 and not have viable coach to defend your timing ? Houston Nutt isnt viable because simply he and Solich have been coaching the same number of years and Solich had a better record. If your going to replace him... have a worthy candidate in the fold. Comprehend ? Pederson is an idiot and thats the bottom line !

Do you ever talk about anything besides Solich getting let go? I hate to break this to you, but nothing you can say can bring him back and NO ONE CARES!

I agree whole heartedly. I believe everytime I come onto this board there's a new post about how Solich shouldn't have been fired. EVERY DAMN TIME :steam . All I have to say is...WHY?? It doesn't accomplish anything. Solich isn't coming back, and we all already know that you think his firing is BS. So, could you please give it a rest?