A couple of thoughts

ssfranny

I've been on here since the OSU loss and haven't really been on that much this year but wanted to share a couple of thoughts....

I've been a diehard Husker fan my whole life and I've seen some painful losses (87 when we and OU were #1, #2) but none were as painful as getting destroyed at home for homeconing by freaking OSU. I called a buddy of mine at the game and he said he was staying but our other friend who lives and breathes HUsker football threw his ticket in the air and left after the 1st quarter. I don't agree with him doing that but it tells me how far the the program has fallen when someone whos as big a Husker fan as him leaves that early. I watched on TV until the 4th quarter and prob like a lot of fans in the stadium I was in shock. I haven't been to a game this year and I honestly can't remmber the last that happened. I'm just tired of the heartache it hurts too much.

If we have to go through coaching changes and more losses than fine. I just want the program back to the glory and splendor that is Husker football. There is NOTHING I mean NOTHING like being in a sea of red and listening to the tunnel walk music its pure electricity. People I know outside of the state just don't understand nor do a lot of the people on boards understand why we are the way we are. Its not because its all we have, its simply because the heart and soul of this state is our football team. I remember when I was a kid in late November in the 70s, watching the NU OU games and not feeling my toes becasue it was so cold. The smell in the air of Runzas and Husker dogs. Being on 72nd Street in Omaha after our win over Miami in 94. Its the best place in the world to be on a Saturday in the fall. Its so ingrained into our childhoods and lives that many people will just not understand. Its sad really that they don't have the love for their teams like we do for the Huskers. Its why we've been called "the best fans in college football" We all have hurt this season over the team but now the excitement is back finally and people around the country now that we mean business and not to ever count us out.

I hope and pray all of you at the game Sat cheer and hard and loudly as ever because with TO back we're going to reach the pinnacle again soon. Show the players you're behind them 100% The Big Red Machine will be back and badder than ever!! Long live Husker football and its fans!!!

Unfinished business.........

Scott