good article

Why do they always have to set up the story by describing how "simple" things are in Nebraska? I know it's different on the coasts, but it's not THAT different. We're not oblivious. It's not the 1800's here. Can't Nebraska just be thought of as a state in the union, and not a third world country full of Toby Keith fans?

:yeah You'd think all the girls look like Elly May Clampit and the guys lie Jethro Bodine.

Why do they always have to set up the story by describing how "simple" things are in Nebraska? I know it's different on the coasts, but it's not THAT different. We're not oblivious. It's not the 1800's here. Can't Nebraska just be thought of as a state in the union, and not a third world country full of Toby Keith fans?

Probably because the writer is from someplace like NEW York or LA, where things are 10 times faster and people don't slow down to realize what is truly good in life. I don't mind being describe as "simple". There is a alot of good that can be said for "simple", depends on what defination you want to use.

Probably because the writer is from someplace like NEW York or LA, where things are 10 times faster and people don't slow down to realize what is truly good in life. I don't mind being describe as "simple". There is a alot of good that can be said for "simple", depends on what defination you want to use.

You would think that somebody with east coast sophistication would be able to string together a few descriptive paragraphs that don't so closely resemble all of the other hyperbole that has been published about this state in the last 50 years, then. Get an imagination you f'ing east coast elitist pricks!

I agree

It's Alan Jackson. Get it right...