McKeon

red4life

Wouldn't have suprised me honestly. But you're talking about a grown man, 40 years old or whatever getting $1.2mil/year or whatever. And you're talking about confirmable evidence.

It's one thing to accuse a 40 yeard old adult who makes millions, it's quite another to do it to a 20 year old kid who's playing for the love of the game and the fans and the coaches and the other players.

If THIS kind of rumor is to be posted, it should be at the very least backed up with some solid confirmable evidence.

So, what EXACTLY is your position? It's okay to talk about Callahan, but not about grown men - players (simply because they are in college?)

Here's your confirmable evidence regarding Callahan: http://media.www.dailynebraskan.com/media/....shtml?xmlsyn=1

Otherwise, I'll try and get on a police report and judge's statements immediately.

McKeon's "alleged" comments don't surprise me in the least. Especially regarding what I have witnessed from him.

Wouldn't have suprised me honestly. But you're talking about a grown man, 40 years old or whatever getting $1.2mil/year or whatever. And you're talking about confirmable evidence.

It's one thing to accuse a 40 yeard old adult who makes millions, it's quite another to do it to a 20 year old kid who's playing for the love of the game and the fans and the coaches and the other players.

If THIS kind of rumor is to be posted, it should be at the very least backed up with some solid confirmable evidence.

So, what EXACTLY is your position? It's okay to talk about Callahan, but not about grown men - players (simply because they are in college?)

Here's your confirmable evidence regarding Callahan: http://media.www.dailynebraskan.com/media/....shtml?xmlsyn=1

Otherwise, I'll try and get on a police report and judge's statements immediately.

McKeon's "alleged" comments don't surprise me in the least. Especially regarding what I have witnessed from him.

Dude, I said I would have believed it about callahan before it was confirmed, merely because of his history: throat-slash, f*ing hillbillies, etc... I understand that it is confirmed about Callahan.

Do you not see the difference between a 40-yeard old coach who is getting paid $1.2/mil a year, and a college kid?

My position is this: a coach is much more fair-game than a student-athlete. Comparing this unconfirmed rumor, which is attacking the character of two of our student-athletes to a confirmed instance of what our head coach said is asinine.

If you can't see the difference, then I have no idea what's wrong with you.

"I'm a man! I'm 40!" Sorry, had to do it.

Let's just all admit one thing. If you were there, and you saw someone his age (which is my age) acting a fool like is alleged, you'd hate that guy. You're trying to have a good time and he's bringing everything down. Of course, you'd hate the guy that egged him on, but come on. Shut your mouth and let's party.

Dude, I said I would have believed it about callahan before it was confirmed. I understand that it is confirmed about Callahan.

Do you not see the difference between a 40-yeard old coach who is getting paid $1.2/mil a year, and a college kid?

My position is this: a coach is much more fair-game than a student-athlete. Comparing this unconfirmed rumor, which is attacking the character of two of our student-athletes to a confirmed instance of what our head coach said is asinine.

I guess what is "wrong" with me is that you defend McKeon, without any contradictory evidence for yourself. Aren't you about the same age as these "kid" players? If you were playing for a prominent D-1A program (i.e., Nebraska) could you honestly not take the heat, pressure and expectations that come with that?

I respect that you are defending our players...but at some point, no matter their age, they need to be held accountable for their performance and actions. You can go on believing that the McKeon "rumors" aren't true. That's fine.

I'm guessing you haven't ever witnessed it. What exactly would you consider CONFIRMABLE evidence? Seriously? Other than a video...how do we satisfy your requirements? Do I need a notary with me?

Please remember this: while our student-athletes may not be paid a salary, their school and other costs are paid for. They came here to play football for Nebraska...I wouldn't exactly call what they do Pro bono.

"I'm a man! I'm 40!" Sorry, had to do it.

Let's just all admit one thing. If you were there, and you saw someone his age (which is my age) acting a fool like is alleged, you'd hate that guy. You're trying to have a good time and he's bringing everything down. Of course, you'd hate the guy that egged him on, but come on. Shut your mouth and let's party.

i agree.

Dude, I said I would have believed it about callahan before it was confirmed. I understand that it is confirmed about Callahan.

I guess what is "wrong" with me is that you defend McKeon, without any contradictory evidence for yourself. Aren't you about the same age as these "kid" players? If you were playing for a prominent D-1A program (i.e., Nebraska) could you honestly not take the heat, pressure and expectations that come with that?

I respect that you are defending our players...but at some point, no matter their age, they need to be held accountable for their performance and actions. You can go on believing that the McKeon "rumors" aren't true. That's fine.

I'm guessing you haven't ever witnessed it. What exactly would you consider CONFIRMABLE evidence? Seriously? Other than a video...how do we satisfy your requirements? Do I need a notary with me?

Please remember this: while our student-athletes may not be paid a salary, their school and other costs are paid for. They came here to play football for Nebraska...I wouldn't exactly call what they do Pro bono.

Sure I'm 22. However; I hold a position in a company which I get paid for. If I screwed up or slandered any aspect of my company I would expect harsh punishment for it. Essentially when you get paid for what you do, there is more responsibility. Callahan makes $1.2/mil year, he should be accountable for his actions. The players are on scholarship, and should be held accountable. There's no debate there. But they chose to player here at NEBRASKA when they could have gone to almost any other school. Anyway, come on.. this is a "he said, she said" thing and should be handled internally. It does no-one any good to bash our players with unprovable rumors.

As far as evidence goes, how about getting the bar to put out a statement that the players in question were actually there that night. That would be a start. But, no I don't think there's really any way to prove something like this unless someone credible witnessed and reported it.

I am not defending McKeon or Keller. I have no way of knowing whether there's anything to defend or not. That's the problem. I could make some claim that Cody Glenn is an astronaut and defend it tooth and nail but it doesn't make it true. Now, I pull out a NASA uniform with his name on it and it's a different story.

I guess the question is.. what is the point of posting a rumor like this, except as an attempt to get people to lose respect for a HUSKER!

Sure I'm 22. However; I hold a position in a company which I get paid for. If I screwed up or slandered any aspect of my company I would expect harsh punishment for it. Essentially when you get paid for what you do, there is more responsibility. Callahan makes $1.2/mil year, he should be accountable for his actions. The players are on scholarship, and should be held accountable. There's no debate there. But they chose to player here at NEBRASKA when they could have gone to almost any other school. Anyway, come on.. this is a "he said, she said" thing and should be handled internally. It does no-one any good to bash our players with unprovable rumors.

Correction, Callahan makes $1.75 million per year (more than Jim Leavitt).