Big XII Teleconfernce

Question: What kind of adjustments could you have made?

Callahan: Oh, I think it's probably too technical for you, but I think in the broad spectrum of adjustments, just playing the quarterback a little bit better on the zone read in terms of the front assignments... I don't want to get into coachspeak, but there were a lot of things in terms of front adjustments that you have to deal with. I think our coaches were dealing with that to the best of your ability.

Too Technical for you??????????????? If I was the reporter who asked that question, I may have had to throw something. More appropriately he should have said "What's an adjustment?"

Callahan: Oh, I think it's probably too technical for you, but I think in the broad spectrum of adjustments, just playing the quarterback a little bit better on the zone read in terms of the front assignments... I don't want to get into coachspeak, but there were a lot of things in terms of front adjustments that you have to deal with. I think our coaches were dealing with that to the best of your ability.

Too Technical for you??????????????? If I was the reporter who asked that question, I may have had to throw something. More appropriately he should have said "What's an adjustment?"

Too Technical for you?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!! That tells me he doesn't have an answer to the question. Cally doesnt have an answer, because he has no idea what kind of adjustments to make. This guy might be the worst coach to ever coach ever in the entire existence of the universe......ever.

GOD TO, I know you said you would wait til the end of the year, but really man, drop this chump and start looking for a new coach. BC is something else. :angry:

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Look at the comments below the article. Funny stuff.

I liked this one.

Comment from: file13

I don't want to get too technical but when the emol(that's

end man on line) started arc releasing to catch your

scraping LB who was responsible for QB and your DE was

taking FB who was there for run support?

The option is very technical and hard to understand when you've never seen it before. Best to leave it to the experts, like the 85,000 people in the stadium.

They ran an option to the right and my section saw the defender take the pitch man instead of hitting the QB and forcing the pitch. The RB had taken a bad angle to the sideline on the play. Everyone in the section all yelled "Take the QB", almost together while the QB was still behind the LOS. The defender turned his back on McGee to take the pitch man and McGee cut up and ran for 5 or 10 yards. Force the pitch, force it hard (who in their right mind would pass up a free shot at a QB?), and force it quickly so the other defenders can go to the ball.

Callahan and Cosgrove should have read this Monday before the game.

Football 101: Option

Why did Nebraska run the option so much back in the 1990's??? Because IT WORKS! It is super hard to defend the option. Everyone knows that, it is not a hidden secret. There are few times as a defense you can ever have enough personnel to stuff the option and defend it completely every single time. I am not here taking sides but as I have always thought, no one around here or the bulk of fans will never be satisfied. What if our D pinched on the quarterback and he pitches it and the RB goes for 30 yards...everyone would be all over the butt of the linebacker for pinching on the play and not staying home.

Anyone remember the play where TAMU scored on a 10 yard pass into the endzone? McGee took a keeper towards the sideline and Brandenburg was covering the tight end....well he left and came up to make the play on the QB and left the TE wide open. They would have scored either way.

I find it interesting people just live and thrive off of bashing any and everything no matter what.

Why did Nebraska run the option so much back in the 1990's??? Because IT WORKS! It is super hard to defend the option. Everyone knows that, it is not a hidden secret. There are few times as a defense you can ever have enough personnel to stuff the option and defend it completely every single time. I am not here taking sides but as I have always thought, no one around here or the bulk of fans will never be satisfied. What if our D pinched on the quarterback and he pitches it and the RB goes for 30 yards...everyone would be all over the butt of the linebacker for pinching on the play and not staying home.

Anyone remember the play where TAMU scored on a 10 yard pass into the endzone? McGee took a keeper towards the sideline and Brandenburg was covering the tight end....well he left and came up to make the play on the QB and left the TE wide open. They would have scored either way.

I find it interesting people just live and thrive off of bashing any and everything no matter what.

Actually the triple option (which we ran) it's very easy to defend if you have a quick 'D'. 1 man on the QB and 1 on the RB. It's dead in the water. It only worked well because we had a coach who was a master at coaching the triple option. The triple option isn't used very often. However the spread option is what A&M, Florida, and a few other's use. The spread keeps a faster 'D' more off balance. :) So even if you have a guy on the QB, you better hope the TE or RB didn't get loose over the middle. As the QB will stop and throw it, much like Tebow does down at Florida. :)

Why did Nebraska run the option so much back in the 1990's??? Because IT WORKS!

Any offense that is responsible in blocking assignments and not fatally flawed will work. This includes the WCO or any other offense that's as old as it is.

What's my point? We played that style of ball because that's what the coaches wanted to run. Not because it's objectively superior than any other style of ball.