Big XII Teleconfernce

he actually said "it's too technical for you?"

this is the PROOF he never accepted Nebraskans passion for football and understanding of the game and the absolute culture our State has for the game.

If he called OU a bunch of f'n Hillbillies, after this "technical" comment, what do you think he thinks of us??

he actually said "it's too technical for you?"

this is the PROOF he never accepted Nebraskans passion for football and understanding of the game and the absolute culture our State has for the game.

Do you know who the question was asked by? What if it was asked by someone in Texas? Writers from around the country call into this you know...

Why did Nebraska run the option so much back in the 1990's??? Because IT WORKS! It is super hard to defend the option. Everyone knows that, it is not a hidden secret. There are few times as a defense you can ever have enough personnel to stuff the option and defend it completely every single time.

Yes it works!! Hell there is an entire sport based on the option..........RUGBY. I am not calling for us to go back to it, but for anyone to say it wont work anymore is insane. As long as you have the right personnel and a disciplined offense it will work.

Yes it works!! Hell there is an entire sport based on the option..........RUGBY. I am not calling for us to go back to it, but for anyone to say it wont work anymore is insane. As long as you have the right personnel and a disciplined offense it will work.

Please don't tell me you just said that Rugby is based on the option. Please.

There's a strong argument that modern american football was derived from rugby so tell me how that would work.

How is it not? When you move the ball, most of the time you pitch it or keep it. Mix in some weird kicking and some form of punting and goal line slide and you have rugby.

How is it not? When you move the ball, most of the time you pitch it or keep it. Mix in some weird kicking and some form of punting and goal line slide and you have rugby.

See my edit. Rugby came first. Then football. So tell me how your idea works?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football#History

See my edit. Rugby came first. Then football. So tell me how your idea works?

I wasnt saying rugby was a derivative of NU option football. I was making the point that people who say the option cant work is crazy. There is an entire sport based on a premise of the option. NOT saying rugby came from football, just saying Rugby is very similar to the option in football.

Question: What kind of adjustments could you have made?

Callahan: Oh, I think it's probably too technical for you,

He does realise he's in Nebraska, right? We were all born and raised Husker fans. We KNOW what football is, and just about every term he could throw at us, we also know.

This just goes to show how out of touch this guy is. He thinks we are out of our element, when in fact he is the odd man out.

Question: What kind of adjustments could you have made?

Callahan: Oh, I think it's probably too technical for you,

He does realise he's in Nebraska, right? We were all born and raised Husker fans. We KNOW what football is, and just about every term he could throw at us, we also know.

This just goes to show how out of touch this guy is. He thinks we are out of our element, when in fact he is the odd man out.

Well ODD does mean you are not in the majority right?

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

I wasnt saying rugby was a derivative of NU option football. I was making the point that people who say the option cant work is crazy. There is an entire sport based on a premise of the option. NOT saying rugby came from football, just saying Rugby is very similar to the option in football.

Oh, well I guess I'll have to revisit the meaning "based on" then..

Either way, I think it is a trifle comparison.