Go Big Red Recipes For October 22

Roxy

I know some members here like to drink..but..you have to eat too..at least I hope you do. Whatever you do..please don't drive drunk! Have someone pick you up, someone drive for you who is sober, or call a cab..JUST DON'T DRIVE DRUNK PLEASE. I won't go into details..but..I was in a coma because of a drunk driver! PLEASE BE SMART AND DON'T DRIVE DRUNK! I DON'T WANT SYMPATHY..JUST TRYING TO KEEP SOMEONE FROM GETTING HURT OR KILLING AN INNOCENT PARTY.. I am head injured..now enough about that..on to Go Big Red Recipes..Remember that I adjust a recipe to my own taste and make up my own recipes sometimes..so read on if you dare lol Just joking...I have been told by alot of people that I am a good cook..enjoy

Creamy Celery Beef Stroganoff

Prep: 20 minutes

Cook: 8 hours

2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes

1 can (10-3/4 oz.s) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted

1 can (10-3/4 oz.s) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1 medium onion, chopped

1 jar (6 oz.s) sliced mushrooms, drained or use fresh mushrooms

1 envelope onion soup mix

1/2 teaspoon pepper

Mince garlic cloves..use how many you want..optional

1 cup (8 oz.s) sour cream

Hot cooked noodles

In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or untill the beef is tender. Stir in sour cream and serve over hot cooked noodles. I like to serve this with garlic cheese bread and a salad and of course..dessert:) yum

Seasoned Pork Loin Roast:

2 teaspoons garlic salt

2 teaspoons garlic-pepper blend

2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning

1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 5 lbs.)

BASTING SAUCE:

3 cups water

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion...I like to use real onion

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend

1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel

Combine the garlic salt, garlic-pepper and lemon-pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160.

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the basting sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Brush over roast occasionally while baking. Let the roast sit for 15 minutes before slicing.

Seasoned Crab Cakes:

3 cans (6 oz.s each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed

1 cup cubed bread

2 eggs

3 tablespoons mayonnaise

3 tablespoons half-and-half cream

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 tablespoon butter, melted

1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup dry bread crumbs

1/2 cup vegetable oil

In a large bowl, combine crab and bread cubes. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice, butter, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Add to crab mixture and mix gently..(mixture will be moist).

Place bread rumbs in a shallow dish. Drop crab mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into crumbs; shape each into a 3/4 inch thick patty. CAFEFULLY TURN TO COAT. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Yield: 8 crab cakes.

Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert:

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup cold butter, cubed

1-1/2 cups chopped cashews, divided

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

1 cup confectoners'sugar

1 carton (12 oz.s) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided

2-2/3 cups cold milk

1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix

1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix

1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), coarsely chopped

Place flour and butter in a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. If you don't have a food processor..put it in a sturdy bag..example a freezer bag...zip it close and use a pounder on it..that works too:) Add 1 cup cashews; pulse a few tiemes until crumbled.

Press into a greased 13x9x2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350 for 25-26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon over crust.

In anther bowl, whisk milk and both pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar and remaining cashews. Cover and refriegerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

Zucchini Lettuce Salad:

2 cups shredded leaf lettuce

1/2 cup shredded zucchini

1/2 cup sliced ripe olives

1/4 cup chopped red onion

1/2 cup Italian salad dressing

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, zucchini, olives and onion. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

Paprika Cheeese Biscuits:

2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

2/3 cup milk

1 tablespoon butter, melted

1//2 teaspoon paprika

In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix and cheese. With a fork, stir in milk just until moistened. With a fork, stir in milk just untl moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2 biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter, sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 biscuits.

Lemon-Pepper Rice:

2 cups water

1 to 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning

2 cups uncooked instant rice

In a saucepan, bring the water and lemon-pepper seasoning to a boil. Stir in the rice. Remove from the heat, cover and let the rice stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.

Salsa Chicken:

1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips

2 cups salsa

In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add the green pepper, cook for 3 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.

**I think I would add some cumin to it, garlic, seasoning salt, alot of garlic minced, cayenne pepper and mushrooms to this. I make my own salsa. That is all I can think of right now..would have to make it and test taste it to get it right. This is a good base recipe..but..I feel it needs more stuff. If I make it..will post how I made it. I am sure I would season the chicken breasts too with McCormick. and then do the rest of the ingredients..like I said..if I make this..will tell you how I made it.

Edited to say... I know I would add onion to it too..alot of it.