What game told you that Cally wasn't the answer?

I would be interested in hearing when the "tide of hope" turned south for everyone. For me, honestly, it was in 2004 at the "ABOMINATION IN LUBBOCK".

First season of new offense, incorrect skill players, blah blah blah. There was NO REASON for that beat down and I watched those Nebraska players LAY DOWN for that coach right there in front of my eyes, against a very MEDIOCRE team. I told my wife on the way home from that nightmare "This deal isn't going to have a happy ending."

And I'm still pissed about that debacle. Always will be. Cally should be ashamed.

I would be interested in hearing when the "tide of hope" turned south for everyone. For me, honestly, it was in 2004 at the "ABOMINATION IN LUBBOCK".

First season of new offense, incorrect skill players, blah blah blah. There was NO REASON for that beat down and I watched those Nebraska players LAY DOWN for that coach right there in front of my eyes, against a very MEDIOCRE team. I told my wife on the way home from that nightmare "This deal isn't going to have a happy ending."

And I'm still pissed about that debacle. Always will be. Cally should be ashamed.

I had my doubts when Kansas hung 40 points on us with a backup QB. But I figured it was cosgrove.

Then, it kept happening. Below average teams were just too competitive against us, and we'd hear of crazy defensive schemes to take away a certain play that might be run 3 times a game. But....I figured it was cosgrove.

Then, Ball State really made take a hard look. He's in over his head.

For me, it was the Auburn game last year. The fact that we had so many opportunitites to blow them out of the water and run away with a good solid win, but yet failed because Callahan always has his head up his ass and is completely incapable of doing any sort of adjustment when it's needed, really turned me off to him and I have wanted him gone ever since.

I even wanted him gon prior to this season when I thought that we had a solid chance of taking the Big 12, he just doesn't fit in here at all.

I'll admit that I wrote off the game in Lubbock initially, but hindsight is a beautiful thing.

For me, the Maine game in 2005 was an eye-opener. At one point, we had the ball 1st and goal at the 3 yard line. Callahan threw three straight passes and we had to kick a field goal. That series of plays demonstrated to me how Callahan was putting the sucess of his offensive philsophy over the sucess of the team. He wanted to prove that his offensive system was the best, and at times this happened at the expense of winning.

There have been numerous examples of this since that time. Giving up the run in the Big 12 Championship last year when B. Jack was running well. Giving up on the passing game against USC last year to avoid a blowout. And last weekend, running a QB bootleg to the short side of the field on 3rd and 2 with Keller!

The signs have been there all along.

The USC game last year. I was one of the guys that said Cally needed time to get his players and get everyone on the same page. While the losses in the first couple years were painful, I could see progress, but that USC game was bad last year. The play calling was terrible and instead of coming out fired up to try and unseat a top team and show the world we were back, we played tentatively and tried not to be embarrassed. I think Cally probably lost the team at that point. While their analysis of the USC D may have been correct, the players didn't buy into the plan. After that, it became clear that it wasn't important to get the play makers on the field, but rather to get guys in that could play the scheme.

I pretty much wrote off the 2004 season as it was his first season and the whole culture was changing offensively. My support started to wane in 2005 when we lost 3 straight, but I regained support when we best CU the Michigan. I was supportive last year as well even through the OSU meltdown. However I think the Ball State game this year really stood out. No way that team should've hung 40 pts on us. Then it was after the Missouri game I realized the issues on Defense had now spread to the offense. And thought it was time for BC to go. Our play the last 2 weeks against OSU and A&M have only solidified the fact that BC is a bad coach and needs to leave ASAP. :)

i too tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for as long as i could. a agree that the usc game last year made my gut twinge, but i knew usc was an awesome team. this year...barely beating ball state, and now losing to missou by 80,000, insane. yes, cosgrove cant stop anything, but even then, callahan should have put more points on the board. two fields, the entire game. sad