What game told you that Cally wasn't the answer?

I was really disappointed when he pared the walk-on program (which I considered our niche and what set us apart from other schools).

But last year's game with USC showed me he didn't care so much about winning and would be incapable of coaching players to play above their talents.

I know it's been explained that his evil plan was to keep it close and win it in the end, but that somehow escaped me durring the game. (Shows a lack of faith in your Defense).

I was really disappointed when he pared the walk-on program (which I considered our niche and what set us apart from other schools).

But last year's game with USC showed me he didn't care so much about winning and would be incapable of coaching players to play above their talents.

I know it's been explained that his evil plan was to keep it close and win it in the end, but that somehow escaped me durring the game. (Shows a lack of faith in your Defense).

Unfortunately brotha dawg, that's not just Cally's way, that's the NFL's way.

Never liked the guy. He seemed to be an arrogant know-it-all at Oakland who bad-mouthed his players and lost them.

Then he comes to Nebraska. When he really lost me was in the installation of the prissy west coast offense. The excuse was: we don't have the players to be immediately successful. What a bunch of crap! Isn't one of the basic tenets of good coaching the ability to adapt to the strengths of your players? He couldn't phase it in! He couldn't modify his approach to get the best out of his team. HE WAS/IS A GENIUS!!

I hate to say it, but he was what many of you wanted at the time. Pass the ball!! Give us excitement!! Well, people got what they asked for.

A couple things stand out. He tells recruits he will get them to the next level while first and foremost his selling point should be playing for the Univ. of NE.

Secondly, this stupid phrase "a win is a win" was never uttered around here until Bill came to town.

That is something I have considered. Maybe the players that buy into BC's "I'll get you into the league" spiel and are impressed with our first-string beating on the third-string in the spring-game aren't the guys we want. BC isn't getting hard-nosed Nebraska players.