SIGNED OT Andrew Rodriguez

CowboyBob

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like karma might come back to bite us in the ass. Just as we are laughing at Mizzou letting Terry slip away scout reports that Rodriguez might take some more visits. This would suck an unbelievable amount if we let this guy slip away.

I'm not worried about it. Why not take some free trips, and see some sights. Also no one is laughing at Mizzou, because he was never theirs to lose. He would have gone to KU, if he had not commited to us.

Nothing to worry about.

Kid wants to get out of Nebraska and see some of the country. Cannot blame any kid for wanting to take an opportunity like that. Hell, if I was a recruit, I'd be all about taking all 5 visits. A trip to UCLA, Florida, Texas, 'Zona and Nebraska would all be visits that I'd take. Mainly for the girls. :)

Plus, it will likely shoot him up the rankings. Kids who commit very early tend to drop in the rankings. These websites tend to rank kids higher who prolong recruitments just for money purposes. It's better business to have a top 20-30 kid uncommitted later in the year since it will bring more traffic to their website.

Nothing to worry about.

Kid wants to get out of Nebraska and see some of the country. Cannot blame any kid for wanting to take an opportunity like that. Hell, if I was a recruit, I'd be all about taking all 5 visits. A trip to UCLA, Florida, Texas, 'Zona and Nebraska would all be visits that I'd take. Mainly for the girls. :)

Plus, it will likely shoot him up the rankings. Kids who commit very early tend to drop in the rankings. These websites tend to rank kids higher who prolong recruitments just for money purposes. It's better business to have a top 20-30 kid uncommitted later in the year since it will bring more traffic to their website.

I would have to substitute zona for ASU and florida for Ole Miss.. but can't argue with those reasonings!!

• 4 months later...

A-Rod is seriously looking at another school back east. I'm not going to say which school it is....but the school has continued to put a lot of pressure on A-Rod. I was shocked to hear this, but was able to confirm it.

A-Rod's family lives back east and he is getting pressure to locate closer to his family.

From what I can tell right now I would say there's about a 50/50 to 60/40 chance that A-Rod will stay. This would be a huge blow to this recruiting class.

I wonder how long A-Rod will be able to keep this under wraps....?

A-Rod is seriously looking at another school back east. I'm not going to say which school it is....but the school has continued to put a lot of pressure on A-Rod. I was shocked to hear this, but was able to confirm it.

A-Rod's family lives back east and he is getting pressure to locate closer to his family.

From what I can tell right now I would say there's about a 50/50 to 60/40 chance that A-Rod will stay. This would be a huge blow to this recruiting class.

Hearing this from him? Or from someone who knows him? Or someone who knows a guy who knows the family?

No doubt that would be a big blow.

Fortunately we're in on some good ones for next year's class.

Family pressure?....well, that's his business and how he handles it. Not a flattering way to describe it ("pressure"), but it's important to be close to family, too.

if he feels the need to go back home he feels the need, i will never fault a kid for wanting to be close to family.

No doubt that would be a big blow.

Fortunately we're in on some good ones for next year's class.

Family pressure?....well, that's his business and how he handles it. Not a flattering way to describe it ("pressure"), but it's important to be close to family, too.

if he feels the need to go back home he feels the need, i will never fault a kid for wanting to be close to family.

someone tell the coaching staff pronto... :angry:<_<

Not saying you're wrong or anything, but that seems odd considering that he said this...

He told The Independent, "This feels awesome. There's nothing more to ask for. The support from my family, friends and community has been great. The thing is I wanted to stay close to my family, stay close to my friends. It's also one of the top schools to get an education at. It was the best (choice) for me.""

Did his family move during the last year, or is he wanting to be closer to extended family and not his immediate family? I'm just trying to understand exactly what you're saying.