SIGNED OT Andrew Rodriguez

CowboyBob

Actually.....one is about a 26 hour drive and one is about a 20 hours drive.

Both are about 20. Memorial Stadium is 20'25" Land Shark is 19'50" from Harlem according to Google. Either way a 2 day trip unless you do it in shifts. OTOH flights from NY to Miami are lot easier to come by than to Lincoln.

Perhaps the recent results on the field will help our cause.

Ya VT put the kibosh on the "Miami is back" crap. Hope OU really puts the wood to the canes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching him the championship game has left me not impressed by Rod. It seems like at this level he's using his size more than anything and on defense he's more prone to take plays off than go hard.

I think it's hard to really gauge him as a pass blocker because there is no really great DEs in Nebraska in Class B.

He does show that he could play at Nebraska because once he gets his paws on someone, they aren't going anywhere.

Maybe I'm just not good at evaluating line men but that's what I see. I'll just wait until he gets into Nebraska's weight program. One of the biggest things he needs to work on, IMO, is his foot speed. He just looks slow anytime he moves past the initial point of attack.

I do think that he's going to be a beast once he gets everything together and plays against tougher competition.

Watching him the championship game has left me not impressed by Rod. It seems like at this level he's using his size more than anything and on defense he's more prone to take plays off than go hard.

I think it's hard to really gauge him as a pass blocker because there is no really great DEs in Nebraska in Class B.

He does show that he could play at Nebraska because once he gets his paws on someone, they aren't going anywhere.

Maybe I'm just not good at evaluating line men but that's what I see. I'll just wait until he gets into Nebraska's weight program. One of the biggest things he needs to work on, IMO, is his foot speed. He just looks slow anytime he moves past the initial point of attack.

I do think that he's going to be a beast once he gets everything together and plays against tougher competition.

I thought similar things. It looked like he could really get burned by a fast DE. That's ok though, that's what the strength and conditioning program is for! It's never a sure thing that a high school athlete has access to good position coaching. It will be good to have him on board if he is a hard worker.

I thought similar things. It looked like he could really get burned by a fast DE. That's ok though, that's what the strength and conditioning program is for! It's never a sure thing that a high school athlete has access to good position coaching. It will be good to have him on board if he is a hard worker.

And what makes you think we have a good position Oline coach here?

I for one was actually impressed with him and thought he showed pretty damn good feet for a high school kid that is 6'6 300 lbs. It's also probably a little misleading bc he's going up against guys that are like 190 lbs so of course they are going to look like they have quicker feet. I think he is going to be a hell of a player w a redshirt year. Another thing to point out is that he played the entire game! What high school kids has anyone seen his size play the whole game and be in pretty good shape at the end? Not many I would bet. also I was thinking about the line in about 2 years and it got me pretty damn excited:

LT: Moore

LG: Qvale

C: Reeves

RG: Rodriguez

RT: Sirles/Moudy

And what makes you think we have a good position Oline coach here?

You're right. Rodridguez should just have his O-line coach come with him since he's doing such a good job. Do you want to call Pelini or should I?

I for one was actually impressed with him and thought he showed pretty damn good feet for a high school kid that is 6'6 300 lbs. It's also probably a little misleading bc he's going up against guys that are like 190 lbs so of course they are going to look like they have quicker feet. I think he is going to be a hell of a player w a redshirt year. Another thing to point out is that he played the entire game! What high school kids has anyone seen his size play the whole game and be in pretty good shape at the end? Not many I would bet. also I was thinking about the line in about 2 years and it got me pretty damn excited:

LT: Moore

LG: Qvale

C: Reeves

RG: Rodriguez

RT: Sirles/Moudy

you forgot Jake Cotton >_< lmao