SIGNED OT Andrew Rodriguez

CowboyBob

Can someone explain this to me, I thought the All-America game already happened?

Like WVhuskerXX already pointed out, the UA game has already been played, but the one Owa and A-Rod are playing in this weekend is called the US Army All-American Bowl.

I wouldnt mind seeing that matchup for the next 4 years

You want Owa to go to Mizzou?

I know, that was stupid. :facepalm:

Lol i actually had something similar to that typed up... :) except somethin about all the possible ways they could go against each other.. hah.. but i didnt wanna get yelled at so i just clicked the little x :(

AA Game update...

The offensive line has become a strength for the West behind left tackle Seantrel Henderson, left guard Trey Hopkins, right guard Andrew Rodriguez, and right tackle Nick Demien. Jake Matthews will start out at center.

Nice to see him start in a big game...even at a position that he is not that experienced playing.

Now #183 in rivals250

When Crabree was on 1620 the other day he talked about how A-Rod was a big disappointment at the AA game. Apparently Rivals isn't convinced that he developed the way they projected him to developed during his senior season. :dunno

He said he was not as good as they thought he would be, but STILL good enough to be in the Rivals 250. There are only 15 or so O-Linemen in the Top 100 period. Crabtree said he still thinks Arod is a great prospect, but needs more development than others higher on the list than him. Get him with Dobson and Arod will be just fine.

Now #183 in rivals250

When Crabree was on 1620 the other day he talked about how A-Rod was a big disappointment at the AA game. Apparently Rivals isn't convinced that he developed the way they projected him to developed during his senior season. :dunno

He said he was not as good as they thought he would be, but STILL good enough to be in the Rivals 250. There are only 15 or so O-Linemen in the Top 100 period. Crabtree said he still thinks Arod is a great prospect, but needs more development than others higher on the list than him. Get him with Dobson and Arod will be just fine.

Right. I didn't mean to imply that Crabtree thinks A-Rod sucks now. He's still in the top 15 guards in the class. But Crabtree definitely was disappointed with A-Rod's AA performance. That's why he dropped so far, relatively speaking.

Now #183 in rivals250

I thought the same thing. I tuned in for a few minutes to see Mizzou recruit Nick Demien (who was knocking people silly) and Rodriguez seemed to do more standing around than anything. Demien and Rodriguez were roommates for the AA Game, by the way.

I have done a lot of thinking lately about whether or not stars are overrated. It seems that whenever the Univeristy of Florida throws an offer your way that you are automatically given at least 4 stars. Does that mean that the kid is better than a 3 star prospect from Texas or California? Absolutely not. I wish that they would rank kids after their RS year and RS Freshman year when they are actually going to start contributing.