SIGNED OT Andrew Rodriguez

CowboyBob

• 3 months later...

• 9 months later...

From ESPN.com recruiting section:

"Andrew Rodriguez leads off Husker 2010 class

Nebraska's first commitment for Class of 2010 is Andrew Rodriguez, an ESPNU 150 Watch List lineman from Aurora, Neb.

The 6-foot-6, 300-pound prospect is expected to play on the offense line. He also started on defense while helping Aurora win the Class B State Championship.

He told The Independent, "This feels awesome. There's nothing more to ask for. The support from my family, friends and community has been great. The thing is I wanted to stay close to my family, stay close to my friends. It's also one of the top schools to get an education at. It was the best (choice) for me.""

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea, the top 100 shows him as a 4 star, but his profile is unranked. weird.

But thats scout for you :D

Yea kinda p***** me off a lil. It's almost like the nat'l bias against "us farmers" kicked in and they dropped stars cuz they just realized he's goin here. The only NE kid l8ly whose rep they didn't touch was Baker's from last year. To tell you the truth, I think the analysts and the media hate us so bad because for all those years (and hopefully some more coming up here soon :) ) we just flat out outplayed schools... while being such a clean team. We straight up beat most teams and then showed nothing but generosity and care for the other team and their fans afterwards. UNLESS THEY'RE THE PUFFS OR CHOKLAHOMA :).

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...