Before this mess started

This means absolutely nothing about our season!!

However, it is interesting. I work in a restaurant in Lincoln. In late July, Tom Osborne came in to eat. He does every once in awhile, usually with his daughter. This time, he was alone and sat at a table instead of a booth (seemed wierd to me). About 20 minutes later, here comes Turner Gill. Tom says, "hello, Turner".

They preceeded to eat lunch and talk for about 2 hours. Tom seemed to have notes and did most of the talking. Turner, however, was writing down notes. After their meeting, they paid and talked outside for another 45 minutes.

At first, I thought that Tom was giving Turner advice about running his Buffalo team. Then, I remembered an article about the new AAFL league and how a high profile Nebraska coach was contacted about owning a Nebraska team.

The reason that I brought this up, I am wondering why Turner would come to Lincoln and meet with TO for over 2 hours in which Turner was writing down notes. I know that Turner and Tom are very good friends. If Turner needed advice about his Buffalo team (offensive or defense), wouldn't he ask a coach who has been coaching recently?

Just something to chew on. But this is a fact, not a rumor.

Let the beating begin. :lol:

The fact is that they had dinner and talked about some unknown topic. Hope they enjoyed their dinner.

Yes they did. I tried to pay the server to let me take the table so I could try to listen in. She declined.

I love Turner Gill and think the 1983 team was the best ever. That being said, I want Bo Pelini as HC if there are changes made. I would hope that TO doe not bring in Turner because they are very good friends.

I'll say this: I don't doubt you. I remember when this was posted on the board way, way, way back when. I think it was you then as well.

It was me. However, I was thinking how cool it would be to have a Nebraska AAFL team. Now everything is upside down.

That'd be great, then I'd have not one but two horrible teams to cheer on!

I will say this.

1. If there are coaching changes made at the end of the year.

2. If Turner Gill is the new coach.

3. Was there a Plan B before the start of the season?

I don't want people to post about this senerio because it has no validity. We will know better at the end of the year. But if this senerio happens, I would gather that the University had a Plan B before the beginning of the season.

I will say this.

I don't want people to post about this senerio because it has no validity. We will know better at the end of the year. But if this senerio happens, I would gather that the University had a Plan B.

"I'll take option C."

"There is no option C."

"Really? There's always an option C."

-The Rundown with The Rock and Seann William Scott

I dont doubt you RaisedHusker. It's cool. Just having a little fun is all. :thumbs

I will say this.

I don't want people to post about this senerio because it has no validity. We will know better at the end of the year. But if this senerio happens, I would gather that the University had a Plan B.

"I'll take option C."

"There is no option C."

I dont doubt you RaisedHusker. It's cool. Just having a little fun is all. :thumbs

No probs AM. All we can do is sit back and watch our "loved" team be kicked around like a Baylor team. But IF it happens, then, was there something the University knew ahead of time or wanted to do if our football team fell?

Remember, I want Bo Pelini.

However, it is interesting. I work in a restaurant in Lincoln. In late July, Tom Osborne came in to eat. He does every once in awhile, usually with his daughter. This time, he was alone and sat at a table instead of a booth (seemed wierd to me). About 20 minutes later, here comes Turner Gill. Tom says, "hello, Turner".

They preceeded to eat lunch and talk for about 2 hours. Tom seemed to have notes and did most of the talking. Turner, however, was writing down notes. After their meeting, they paid and talked outside for another 45 minutes.

At first, I thought that Tom was giving Turner advice about running his Buffalo team. Then, I remembered an article about the new AAFL league and how a high profile Nebraska coach was contacted about owning a Nebraska team.

The reason that I brought this up, I am wondering why Turner would come to Lincoln and meet with TO for over 2 hours in which Turner was writing down notes. I know that Turner and Tom are very good friends. If Turner needed advice about his Buffalo team (offensive or defense), wouldn't he ask a coach who has been coaching recently?

Turner Gill lived in Lincoln for a long time -- longer than I did, and I still go back to visit.

He was visiting. He has an excellent relationship with his former coach and boss, who is -- even if he hasn't coached for 10 years -- an offensive genius, organizational mastermind and outstanding motivator.

I'd take notes, too.

Turner Gill lived in Lincoln for a long time -- longer than I did, and I still go back to visit.

He was visiting. He has an excellent relationship with his former coach and boss, who is -- even if he hasn't coached for 10 years -- an offensive genius, organizational mastermind and outstanding motivator.

I'd take notes, too.

absolutely!

I'd take notes, too.

:yeah

I will say this.

"I'll take option C."

"There is no option C."

No probs AM. All we can do is sit back and watch our "loved" team be kicked around like a Baylor team. But IF it happens, then, was there something the University knew ahead of time or wanted to do if our football team fell?

Remember, I want Bo Pelini.

It seems to me that there were definately smoke signals come from the AD's office, but as for coach's security, I dont think there were too many serious concerns. I thought it was sink or swim at the start of the year, so it's possible others did to. Sucks how it's unfolding, b/c I just want us to win and be competitive.

The future is in good hands (TO). We all will wait and see.