what if we keep it close against Texas?

I think some people want nebraska to lose so that the higher ups will boot callahan sooner. No one here WANTS them to really lose, they just want this Husker team to stop suffering...

It's like when your dog is really sick. You don't want him to die, but eventually you realize it's best if you take him to the vet, and put him down.

In this case, it's time for the Huskers to take Bill to the vet, and send him home... just send him home... good boy...

I guess I see what you are saying however TO said the End of the Year and that is what I think is going to happen. So unless people on here don't believe the "Almighty" TO they should not mention that they want NU to lose. That is just the way I look at it but I know how NU fans are so I wouldn't be shocked if some "fans" actually cheer for Texas tomorrow.

I think some people want nebraska to lose so that the higher ups will boot callahan sooner. No one here WANTS them to really lose, they just want this Husker team to stop suffering...

It's like when your dog is really sick. You don't want him to die, but eventually you realize it's best if you take him to the vet, and put him down.

In this case, it's time for the Huskers to take Bill to the vet, and send him home... just send him home... good boy...

That's a good analogy.

I was the same way, how can you ever root for your team to lose...I argued with my bro-in-law for hours before the season ever started on this subject. He's as bigga Husker fan as I've ever met. We both wanted Cally gone that was a given BUT his point was we need to lose a few (unfortunately) to quicken the process and make it inevitable. He didn't want a 8-4 7-5 season and hear again how were still building. This has to be fixed w/o a doubt and it's painful for everyone involved but we'll get there!

I think for some people they need this to happen (Cally fired) literally before they can feel optimistic again---almost a trust thing.

How the heck can anyone call themselves a "FAN" and then say they want "their" team to lose? That is logic that doesn't add up and is pretty silly if you ask me. The guy is going to be shown the door but TO is NOT going to do it until after the CU game. This is going to happen NO MATTER what, it does not matter if we lose out or win out Callahan will not be back next year. So you people wanting us to lose really need to take a good look at yourself and ask what kind of a fan am I. So why wouldn't you want them to win?

Well said, newearthhusker. as well as agibson95, zoogies, flatout24...Couldn't have said it any better myself! :thumbs

I wouldnt say I want them to lose,but a 8-4, 7-5, 6-6, and still have to listen to BC's coach-speak about rebuilding is just killing me. Let the end come quick and painless like putting an old dog down. The season is toast anyway. If he loses a few more he cannot even think of staying. The writing is on the wall T.O. just needs to sign on the dotted line and get BC a cardboard box. However for some strange reason I hope NU pounds the living tar outta the whorns.

That's a good analogy.

I was the same way, how can you ever root for your team to lose...I argued with my bro-in-law for hours before the season ever started on this subject. He's as bigga Husker fan as I've ever met. We both wanted Cally gone that was a given BUT his point was we need to lose a few (unfortunately) to quicken the process and make it inevitable. He didn't want a 8-4 7-5 season and hear again how were still building. This has to be fixed w/o a doubt and it's painful for everyone involved but we'll get there!

I think for some people they need this to happen (Cally fired) literally before they can feel optimistic again---almost a trust thing.

I find these thoughts going through the minds of more people each day. Where I work, I'm able to talk to alot of differnent people from all over Nebraska. They want so badly for Bill to be gone, that they are willing to see the Huskers lose than the chance that a win will help keep him around for one more year. It's sickening to see that is what has been brought about by Pederson and his wonderful "movement from mediocrity"

Pederson = :asshat