Go Big Red Recipes For Oct. 26

Roxy

Easy Apple Pie

1 single pie crust-I just bought one at the store

Sprinkle bottom of pie crust with brown sugar

Peel and slice 6 or 7 apples, depends how big they are

Put slices in a big bowl and add 3/4 cup sugar, sprinkle cinnamon over apples...I don't measure so sprinkle to your preference, 1/4 cup flour, 2 T. butter. Mix all together and pour into pie crust.

Crumb Topping:

Recipe: Crumb Topping For Fruit Pie

CRUMB TOPPING FOR FRUIT PIE

Yield: 8 Servings

1 cup flour

1 cup oatmeal-I use Quaker Oats

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tsp. cinnamom

1/2 cup Blue Bonnet margarine

Combine all together and do not melt the butter. I just sliced it in pieces and mixed all together.

Spread this mixture over pie.

Preheat oven to 350 and make sure that you put a cookie sheet under the pie pan. Bake pie for 45 minutes to an hour. Test apples to see if they are done after 45 minutes, if not, bake longer. If crust is getting too brown for you and the apples aren't done, put aluminum foil just over the pie crust.

Quick & Easy Casserole:

l lb. hamburger

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can green beans

1/2 cup milk

1 onion, chopped

chopped garlic

sliced mushrooms

salt & pepper to taste

tator tots

Brown hamburger and drain grease off. Put the hamburger in a large bowl and mix together the rest of the ingredients. Put this mixture in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Top with tator tots. Bake for an hour or so. I don't time it..I just eyeball it.

Hamburger Casserole:

1 lb. hamburger

1 cup diced celery

1/4 cup chopped green pepper

1/4 cup chopped onion

Chopped garlic

salt and pepper to taste

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

2 cups milk

2 cups uncooked noodles.

Potato chips

Brown hamburger and rest of ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Combine 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 2 cups milk. Then add 2 cups uncooked noodles. Turn into a buttered casserole and cover with crushed potato chips. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, covered.

Crockpot Roast Beef

Using my food processor, I chopped up onion and garlic. I put that in my crockpot and then I added one bag of baby carrots and a bag of sliced mushrooms. Next I put the roast in the crockpot and sprinkled the top of it with some garlic salt and pepper. I mixed 1 envelope hidden valley dressing, one envelope brown gravy mix with mushrooms, and one envelope good seasons dried Italian salad dressing mix. I sprinkled that mixture on top of the roast and poured 1/2 cup of water around the roast. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. I made this at 8 a.m. and we ate around 8 p.m. at night.

This recipe is very good. I cooked the potatoes seperately and made mashed potatoes. I don't like to put potatoes in my crockpot with the roast because when I go to mash them, they turn brown.

Easy and Good Crockpot B-Q Beef Sandwiches:

Cook a roast beef in the crockpot with some water till it is done. I like to cook it with onions, garlic, garlic salt and pepper. Pour off the broth. Sliver the roast beef and put beef back in the crockpot. Add 1 bottle of Open Pit BBQ Sauce and 1 bottle of Catalina dressing.. Simmer on low for several hours. Serve on hamburger buns.

Crockpot Dressing

1/3 cup butter

1 cup onion, chopped

1 cup celery, chopped

1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning

2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

1/2 teaspoon sage

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

1 (8-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained

6 1/2 cups bread cubes (sourdough, French or any bread will work)

1 (15-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken, onion or celery soup)

1 1/2 to 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth

1 egg, beaten

Sauté onions, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients, determining the amount of broth you'll need by the moistness of your bread cubes; add egg last. Pour mixture into crockpot. Cover and cook on HIGH for 45 minutes. Turn heat to LOW and cook for 5 to 8 hours.

Chili

1 package hamburger

1 package hot sausage-Farmer John

2 onions, diced

2 tablespoons chili powder

1 tablespoon pepper

3 cloves garlic, minced

2-14 1/2 oz. cans Del Monte diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies

1-30 oz. can Hunts chili beans, drained and rinsed

Sliced fresh mushrooms-use how much you want

Cut up celery-use how much you want in it

Chopped green peppers-use how much you want in it

Farmer John smoked sausge hot links, chopped up-optional

1-28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes

Cook hamburger and sausage in a large skillet, drain grease. Add all of the above and the sausage hamburger mixture to the crockpot and stir well. I covered the top with more chili powder, stirred again and covered the top again with chili powder..we like hot and spicy foods. I have made this with and without the hot links. They are good both ways..but..we liked it more with the hot links. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Add jalapeno or cheddar cheese on top of chili when you put the chili in your bowl. Add crushed saltine crackers.