We make a bowl game yet...

LAHusker

I know - it's not a good season when you have to say we're not as bad as we thought. And we didn't finish this game. But at least we showed up...and it's something to build on. And the 4th quarter was one of the most frustrating ones I've seen.

But there's hope...and I hope that this board will be a more cheerful place than it's been the past three weeks. Those losses were REALLY tough. I really want to see us turn it around. I think we can...we have to believe, right? So yes, I agree, there were big disappointments today. We didn't play well for the entire game today. But there's hope where there wasn't before.

I know - it's not a good season when you have to say we're not as bad as we thought. And we didn't finish this game. But at least we showed up...and it's something to build on. And the 4th quarter was one of the most frustrating ones I've seen.

But there's hope...and I hope that this board will be a more cheerful place than it's been the past three weeks. Those losses were REALLY tough. I really want to see us turn it around. I think we can...we have to believe, right? So yes, I agree, there were big disappointments today. We didn't play well for the entire game today. But there's hope where there wasn't before.

Like I said.... Rock Bottom is an interesting place. I find no hope in today. Just more sadness in that the athletic dpet. that I knew is gone.

Throw our record out the window. We play like we did today, we hang with ANYBODY.

Yeah! Letting Jammal Charles have a career 290 yard day makes us world beaters. News for you. Texas has problems this season as well and we let them come back from 14 and beat us. A team like Oregon or LSU would destroy us.

NO teams like Oregon and LSU are on the schedule are they? Last time I checked, we have Kansas, K-State and Colorado.

Like I said.... Rock Bottom is an interesting place. I find no hope in today. Just more sadness in that the athletic dpet. that I knew is gone.

i honestly don't think cally has conditioned this team to play 4 quarters......mentally or physically.

Throw our record out the window. We play like we did today, we hang with ANYBODY.

Yeah! Letting Jammal Charles have a career 290 yard day makes us world beaters. News for you. Texas has problems this season as well and we let them come back from 14 and beat us. A team like Oregon or LSU would destroy us.

NO teams like Oregon and LSU are on the schedule are they? Last time I checked, we have Kansas, K-State and Colorado.

Really? Little old Kansas is 8-0 last time I checked and I bet could hang with Oregon and LSU.

The Huskers hanging with Texas was a fluke, it won't happen with Kansas.

Texas is just that good. How do you not take positives from this game? We hang with anybody means we can beat anybody. We lost today, but we keep this up and we won't lose tomorrow. Or next week. The key is keeping this up.

The key, always, is execution. We executed today. We're not as bad as many of us thought (including me). So let's have high spirits, because this was one hell of a game the Huskers played today.

Again Zoogies, I like your passion, but your argument is, "we're not as bad as many of us thought." Read that again. !!!!! :angry:

A 'game' is 60 minutes. Again, NU did not play for it all. Ripped apart for pretty much a quarter on rushing is not a game. But it is one that is given up...again.

I don't know if we can actually say the defense gave up in the 4 quarter. Cosgrove didn't make the adjustments. Cosgrove continued to pack the box with personnel leaving nobody to cover the corners., what do you expect? The D is going to play the scheme that the DC calls for. This team played with energy, heart and pride yesterday. That was the first time in weeks they have shown up to play ball. I'm proud of what they accomplished and to say out of the next 3 games we can't or won't get 2 of them, I'm not going to. This is college football and this season has shown us that anything can happen. It depends which of these nebraska teams show up to play the next three weeks. Yesterdays team or the OSU, AtM, Mizzo Team.

We'll see, it could ACTUALLY be an interesting finish to the season, just got to let it play out. Anyways, we'll see what happens.

Really? Little old Kansas is 8-0 last time I checked and I bet could hang with Oregon and LSU.

Are you retarded? do you watch college football? You can't put Kansas in the same sentence as Oregon and LSU! And no, I don't believe they could hang with them, Kansas would get killed if they played the likes of Oregon and LSU. I"m sorry that you have completly given up on your team and a good day (even if it is a loss) just doesn't matter to you anymore but some people here still believe in and actually SUPPORT their team.

Are you retarded? do you watch college football? You can't put Kansas in the same sentence as Oregon and LSU! And no, I don't believe they could hang with them, Kansas would get killed if they played the likes of Oregon and LSU. I"m sorry that you have completly given up on your team and a good day (even if it is a loss) just doesn't matter to you anymore but some people here still believe in and actually SUPPORT their team.

Imature little man, aren't you. Just because my opinion isn't the same as yours, I'm retarded and have given up on my team? Maybe in your little closed mind, but in MY opinion..........I'm right.

It's amazing how brave people are on these message boards. You don't know me or anything about me, but yet you can make these type of uninformed statements? Grow up.

The D played great 3 quarters and if we can do that for 4 quarters the rest of the season we can hang with ANYBODY..It looked like charles had a good game but it all was in the 4th and if not for the 4th quarter he got stopped the whole game..and luckily we could win 2 games still because no other teams we play have the kind of talented RB like texas that will do that to us especially in the 4th Q..

Imature little man, aren't you. Just because my opinion isn't the same as yours, I'm retarded and have given up on my team? Maybe in your little closed mind, but in MY opinion..........I'm right.

It's amazing how brave people are on these message boards. You don't know me or anything about me, but yet you can make these type of uninformed statements? Grow up.

Brave, Brave old man, you made uninformed statements regarding Kansas, take a look as some stats. Yes, I have a completley different view than you, but hey, what you say, says that you have given up on your team. That is how you come across. Sorry about calling you retarded but I"m tired of the negativity. What those players did, even in a loss, is more than we have seen the majority of the season and they need to be praised for it, they need to stop feeling like the fans don't support them. We, as fans, have been as much of a problem in this situation as the coaching staff and the media. You might be right, in your opinion, but until Kansas plays a team like Oregon or LSU, none of us will know, and if they beat us next week, that won't really judge how good they are either. As I said, it depends on what Nebraska team shows up the field on that day, who the hell knows what will happen. Again, sorry for jumping all over you like that be Kansas hasn't played much of anybody and in regards to actuall statistics and who they have played don't belong to be mentioned in the same sentence as LSU and Oregon, the pollsters agree. This is my opinion. Again, sorry.

i will say one thing......KU hasn't laid an egg playing lesser teams like we have, so yes, they may be for real. maybe not good enough to play with LSU or Oregon, but probably a legit top 15 team.

I won't disagree saying that they are a legit top 15 team, at this point. I'll wait for the season to play out and if Kansas is as good as they say they are or other people say they are, I'll eat my words. But, just an opinion of one person, I don't think they are all that great.